Mandate the vaccine and establish a realistic start date

29 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

The CDC wants to destroy the industry because they don't like how illness spreads onboard. And their practice of saving ships in distress in the ocean that could be anybody lets just leave it at that on a public forum shall we. 

Cruising will NEVER return to the way it used be in December 2018 long before we heard of the term Covid 19. Masks will be worn on cruise ships to contain this forever more even when not worn on land. Self service buffets will never be on cruise ships again but on land. Mark my words.

You're bored today eh?

31 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think that’s their wish. Doom and gloom, on any topic is their theme. 

And the proof of that: last year in the spring, Dr Anthony Fauci predicted "MILLIONS" of Americans would be dead by the fall. Didn't happen. Do you any think any of the naysayers (not just talking here on Cruise Critic, but everywhere) who agreed with Dr Fauci came back to say they were wrong? Nope.

They're never wrong, just ask 'em. LOL!

2 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

And the proof of that: last year in the spring, Dr Anthony Fauci predicted "MILLIONS" of Americans would be dead by the fall. Didn't happen. Do you any think any of the naysayers (not just talking here on Cruise Critic, but everywhere) who agreed with Dr Fauci came back to say they were wrong? Nope.

What you said about Fauci is misleading at best.  He stated that if NOTHING was done, millions could die.  He never predicted that millions would die.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

As you’ve famously said before....

Source??

I’m calling BS on you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

As you’ve famously said before....

Source??

I’m calling BS on you.

Nope, I know what I read and I'm not going to run around all day trying to chase down the sources to  prove it. You don't believe me? No skin off my nose, buddy. I used to be on Facebook (not anymore), and I can assure you people said this. But again, if you think I'm a liar, well that's on you. I know better.

Have a good one.

9 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

What you said about Fauci is misleading at best.  He stated that if NOTHING was done, millions could die.  He never predicted that millions would die.

I think he said millions WOULD die IF people didn't wear masks, practice social distancing, etc. Fortunately, that didn't happen. But also (and, as above, I'm not rushing around like some errand boy citing sources, I know what I know) many people predicted that a vaccine would take YEARS to develop it, and instead we had 3 proven vaccines by the end of the year. Naysayers (and I'm not suggesting you're one, BTW) love to throw out the negative stuff but never come back and say things were better than they predicted. Their racket is just to spread negativity. Period. I'm done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The Dallas judge told us yesterday everyone should be vaccinated by summer of 2022 at the present rate of vaccination...lol ...summer of 2022. I laughed.

At the present rate of vaccination, all else being equal (production levels of current vaccines stays the same, no new vaccines enter the fold, and every person in the country wants vaccinated), everyone would be vaccinated by fall.

Edited by smokeybandit

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

At the present rate of vaccination, all else being equal (production levels of current vaccines stays the same, no new vaccines enter the fold, and every person in the country wants vaccinated), everyone would be vaccinated by fall.

He was speaking of dallas only and I've heard later dates. We have 500k 1A and 1B on the dallas list, it just keeps growing. I was quoting judge Jenkins and what he said just yesterday.  Go argue with him. I said I laughed as I think earlier myself. If you dont have a source no one knows..the all guesses.

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Here is a random googled answer of jan 2022. First answer google came up with, I'm sure other guesses. Before you correct someone next time cite your source. 

20210129_100356461.jpeg

2 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Why is a judge providing an opinion on this?

Because he’s an idiot and thinks he runs the county and everyone’s lives. There’s so many people cheating on vax registrations that true 1B people keep getting passed by for the others with made up “underlying conditions”. 

3 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Why is a judge providing an opinion on this?

The dallas judge and dallas council are the ones picking mass vaccine centers here in Dallas. Idk but they are making comments. Where the underserved live. They said they can see by zip code the percentages who have underlying conditions. Our health records seem to be open to them. 

Just now, HicksRA said:

Because he’s an idiot and thinks he runs the county and everyone’s lives. There’s so many people cheating on vax registrations that true 1B people keep getting passed by for the others with made up “underlying conditions”. 

A judge running the county?  That's...scary.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

The dallas judge and dallas council are the ones picking mass vaccine centers here in Dallas. Idk but they are making comments. Where the underserved live. They said they can see by zip code the percentages who have underlying conditions. Our health records seem to be open to them. 

Seems odd that a judge would be involved in this.  I would think it would be the mayor.

Just now, time4u2go said:

A judge running the county?  That's...scary.

Actually he seems to be doing just that. Idk how many times the Dallas council has yelled and told him to run things by them first ..  but it keeps happening. Tbh before covid I had no idea who he was, now hes on tv all the time. I've barely seen the dallas mayor, but this judge Jenkins has been making decrees left and right. I just watch.

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Because they want the cruise industry to go bust.

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

The CDC wants to destroy the industry because they don't like how illness spreads onboard. And their practice of saving ships in distress in the ocean that could be anybody lets just leave it at that on a public forum shall we. 

Cruising will NEVER return to the way it used be in December 2018 long before we heard of the term Covid 19. Masks will be worn on cruise ships to contain this forever more even when not worn on land. Self service buffets will never be on cruise ships again but on land. Mark my words.

Why are you determined to besmirch the CDC? The CDC has about as much interest in the health of the cruise industry as in the soft drink business. None.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Ok, still no kids can get it. Would make a problem mandating vaccines but cant bring your kids. Maybe allow kids to not have it? Just those 16 and over. Still seems like a possible problem

Look, I'd love to have my grandkids cruise w/ me but the real deal is if a business is going to go belly up because of no buisness, then I would imagine that they'd adapt to the reality around them that says, "No vax, No entry."  As difficult as that sounds, it's just the way it's going to be in our future. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, FSHLOT said:

It's funny with all these vaccine threads. Some people on here think everyone wants to get these shots. I'm not sure of the percentage, but even if a good percentage of cruisers dont take the vaccine will there be enough people to fill the ships?  

I know some will say "take the shot or dont cruise". Well, that is why i posted the question i did. I think it will be impossible to fill the ships if its mandatory!! IMO

I don't. Now granted not on 100% of the fleet of every cruiseline will be filled. But mandated vaciines will get the industry up & running again and slowly but surely the ships will begin to sail with less and less cancellations occuring. Those that wish to take a the 'wait & see' approach to the vaccine will simply be required to wait and watch as well. That's not a bad thing either. Skepticism of the vax is real as is whether an industry can overcome the worst financial hit that it's ever been confronted with. A few ships sailing w/ the mandate of vacinations is an absoltutely worthy endeavor in an effort to save a cruiseline from failing. IMO. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, broberts said:

In Texas, the county commission has the superior role in matters as it may have multiple cities within the county. Tarrant county has many city municipalities within it's boundary so it has to deal with them all. A Mayor or City Council can set in place their own restrictions above that of the county but not below that of a county. 

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

You're bored today eh?

No I am just sick of all this rubbish with the r number and aiming for the magic number of 1. The r number is a load of rubbish. You cannot possibly quantify infection in the community like that. Surely the so called r number is determined by the number of people within an x meter range of an infected person?.  So that number is constantly changing and on a cruise ship will be very high at all times?