No Cruising until July?

1 hour ago, badvector said:

I'm assuming he is trying to impress us with the size of his ummm car. My guess is a Ferrari 488 Pista.  It's a scientifically researched fact that you must be an expert at life if you can afford an exotic car and he wants us to know that.

Good call. Although he said back of car which would imply rear engine. Even non-experts know Ferrari is mid-engine. 

3 hours ago, bcwife76 said:

Poor Alaska, you're probably right. Ironically that has been my favourite cruise to date! 🙂

On another note, you do realize there is a zero chance of your Disney cruise sailing in November.  Vaccines will possibly be required as a mandate to cruise and with no vaccines available for kids that would be a severe detriment to kid oriented Disney.

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Probably referring to a badge

4 minutes ago, badvector said:

I was thinking 488 on the back like this image.

ferrari_488_pista_6.jpg

Ahhh, got it. Thanks.  

Sometimes I overthink my wise ass remarks. 

10 minutes ago, badvector said:

Plate attaches below it. There's a gap between the rearview camera and bumper that it slides down into.

Maybe, but I'm not so sure.

Here's an actual one, no markings

Screenshot_20210201-215828_Chrome.thumb.jpg.21159116c32f89e88d6ced8fb13643ef.jpg

Here you see the plate lights at the lip

Screenshot_20210201-220213_Chrome.thumb.jpg.38c621bbcda2b7cccd4253c3382e9857.jpg

Personally, I think Matt is having a good laugh at our Googling

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The wife has a red pony car. It's fun enough for us. Not fancy

20210131_115509.jpg

Really like the look of that in a convertible. Here's ours. Wanted one of these since I saw the first one in a Bond flick. Nothing fancy either but the 5 speed is so much fun to drive.  Pulled all the interior out last Spring and repainted it. It's getting tougher to find replacement parts but ebay is your friend most of the time.

TtIA00YPBSm08VToj4JA7yxlCwhadP07cak8YgUi

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

On another note, you do realize there is a zero chance of your Disney cruise sailing in November.  Vaccines will possibly be required as a mandate to cruise and with no vaccines available for kids that would be a severe detriment to kid oriented Disney.

Yep. And I don't think it's even going to be about having to have my kids vaccinated that will make us cancel, more like the high school schedule. My oldest starts high school in September and if they continue with the 'quadmester' system we'll be cancelling for that reason (missing 3 days of school during this new quadmester system is akin to missing 3 weeks). Hoping to find out sooner rather than later but we have til early August to cancel. C'est la vie.

Just now, badvector said:

Really like the look of that in a convertible. Here's ours. Wanted one of these since I saw the first one in a Bond flick. Nothing fancy either but the 5 speed is so much fun to drive.  Pulled all the interior out last Spring and repainted it. It's getting tougher to find replacement parts but ebay is your friend most of the time.

TtIA00YPBSm08VToj4JA7yxlCwhadP07cak8YgUi

We had a first generation SLK when those first came out. Laura liked her metal roof convertible.  

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Maybe, but I'm not so sure.

Here's an actual one, no markings

Screenshot_20210201-215828_Chrome.thumb.jpg.21159116c32f89e88d6ced8fb13643ef.jpg

Here you see the plate lights at the lip

Screenshot_20210201-220213_Chrome.thumb.jpg.38c621bbcda2b7cccd4253c3382e9857.jpg

Personally, I think Matt is having a good laugh at our Googling

You are correct from looking at the bottom picture.  See, I can't even google the car picture correctly. The only 488 I knew offhand though was the Ferrari.

Just now, badvector said:

You are correct from looking at the bottom picture.  See, I can't even google the car picture correctly. The only 488 I knew offhand though was the Ferrari.

I went looking for used ones. Found one in the low 200's

I guess they don't hold their value

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

What was the original question??😇

Does it even matter?  All of these threads start and end the same anyway.  They're kind of like an oreo; solid at the start and ending but all the good stuff is in between.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

What date did they cancel the last lot of cruises and when do we expect the next cancellation to be if they do 

The last round of cancellations was on January 21st and that cancelled cruises through April 30th, so not very long ago.  No idea when the next round might be.  

• Like 1