No Cruising until July?

26 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That was the exception, in the last few years even a 10% out break of noro makes the news  and both the crew and some land operations are certainly affected (never mind a reaction).

Yep, you and I have first hand knowledge 😉 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 6:40 AM, mek said:

As is most 24/7 news.  I'm tired of all of them.  I wish we could just get back to having the news reported - what is happening in the world and let me draw my own conclusions.

I read a really interesting article about how the advent of “all news” channels started the trend of the more “biased”

reporting, so that they could cater to a specific audience.  Granted, I was pretty young when CNN and the rest came out, but I can definitely remember how reporting was different 30 years ago.  Our local stations aren’t too bad, but they are still more seemingly biased than they used to be.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ChC said:

To be fair, the OP said one of thousands ships, not cruise ships. And then the cruise ships are not only the likes or Carnival and Royal Caribbean, there are Arctic and Antarctic adventure ships, there are several hundreds river cruise ships in Europe, USA, Egypt, China and Russia. In Europe along there are over 400 named ships although many are not operational. In Egypt when i did my river cruise there are easily hundred plus ships along the Nile. There are also quite a few smaller coastal cruise vessels provide multiple nights sailings operated along Australia, Italy and Greece coastlines. Not to mention hundreds if not thousands of harbour cruise vessels.

In Statista.com, it has a stats for how many merchant ships in the world. Under Ro-Ro/Passenger ships category the number is 4812. Yes, 4812. 

this number is from January 2019. And this information is available to search, although details require a payment as it is confidential valuable info.

i recommend people search more before comment on a topic you don't know. Thanks.

You're funny. The OP was referring to cruise ships and has even confirmed that. 😉

• Like 1

I didn't realize that Carnival sold off Windstar.  

Have been on Carnival...but also on Costa (not the one that sank luckily!) and Windstar before they sold it.  

Also had been on HAL before Carnival owned it.  

Surprising amount of lines they picked up in last few years.  

Edited by island lady

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

John- thanks for posting the list of cruise lines.... completely forgot that carnival owned that many!  Actually, I didn’t even realize they owned some of them 🙂

Smokey found it, I just grabbed the list.

Azamara still in Royal umbrella, though.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

So, what's the point of the Roger Brown reference. 🤔

Did you delete Bill from the film🤔

Don't rewrite history, just add a disclaimer 

FWIW, the PC movement is at the crux of the current antagonism we are all living in.

Stepping down from soapbox

The point of the Roger Brown reference is that the film was made with a person who should not have been in it and the film maker re -cut the film and removed him.

I was just a contributor.I did not make the film.

Came here to see if there were any updates on sailings, when they may start & conditions for sailing.  If the conditions listed by the OP were to be enacted, I would be totally fine with that, also fine with wearing a mask of course.  Husband does not want to wear a mask, so guess he would stay home!

Interesting though, we are sailing July 1st 2021 & don't see our sailing listed anywhere.  Not sure that means it is fully booked (which seems strange)?!

Still hoping to sail with that date!

13 minutes ago, NJsharon said:

Came here to see if there were any updates on sailings, when they may start & conditions for sailing.  If the conditions listed by the OP were to be enacted, I would be totally fine with that, also fine with wearing a mask of course.  Husband does not want to wear a mask, so guess he would stay home!

Interesting though, we are sailing July 1st 2021 & don't see our sailing listed anywhere.  Not sure that means it is fully booked (which seems strange)?!

Still hoping to sail with that date!

Your sailing is not listed because it is 9 nights and the CDC has said only cruises 7 nights or less can happen.  Royal has pulled all cruises for more than 7 nights from their website but has not yet officially cancelled them. 

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Your sailing is not listed because it is 9 nights and the CDC has said only cruises 7 nights or less can happen.  Royal has pulled all cruises for more than 7 nights from their website but has not yet officially cancelled them. 

I thought all sailings of more than 7 nights were cancelled BEFORE Nov 1. Is this also the case for those after Nov 1?

On 1/30/2021 at 10:46 AM, cruisin from florida said:

We're booked for a Greek Isles cruise out of Venice in late July. We haven't booked air, hotels, or anything else. I don't think that it's going to happen.

I'm booked on the Greek Isles cruise in June & booked airfare last July cause it was such a good deal! I can change it though with no fees. I'm pretty sure we'll be going in 2022 instead

27 minutes ago, Ashland said:

This ^^^^ My Oct 2021 9 night Canada/NE hasn't been cancelled yet.

Should have been on life support because of the 8+ night ban by the CDC till 10/31/21.  The plug was officially pulled with Canada's ban till 2022.

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Which is extremely frustrating.  Not really wanting yet another FCC certificate for my 11 night TP, and even more obvious...it was going to Vancouver...I had to take it.  Refused to make final on that.  

Really, really bad business relations that RCI did not officially cancel that cruise that has been off their website for weeks now.  

50 minutes ago, island lady said:

Which is extremely frustrating.  Not really wanting yet another FCC certificate for my 11 night TP, and even more obvious...it was going to Vancouver...I had to take it.  Refused to make final on that.  

Really, really bad business relations that RCI did not officially cancel that cruise that has been off their website for weeks now.  

When I see people like you who have been supporting them this entire time getting P.O. I know things are getting bad.  I agree that there comes a point where the cruise line needs to throw in the towel on some of these itineraries and do the right thing by the passenger.

• Like 5