No Cruising until July?

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

This has been discussed since last March, RCI typically cancels sailings inside (US) final payment when they know for sure they can't possibly sail - until then, they will gladly take your money, even if all other indications are that they likely won't sail.

Isn't there ships leaving almost every day of the week, worldwide? That would mean there should be final payments due just about every day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

That would mean there should be final payments due just about every day. 

There are final payments due just about every day. For a short period last month RCI cancelled far enough ahead that there weren't any, but that was the exception.

Edited by Biker19

10 hours ago, Jplanetx said:

New to forum, Mainly digest youtube and blog posts I understand why it feels like they are a little behind on definatives. I think that they want to avoid upsetting press offices of the cruise companies or maybe they are playing it safe?

None of us here are social media influencers (that I know of) paid with free cruises by the lines.  Nor do we profit from YouTube advertising, so there will be no mincing of words.  We aren’t afraid of losing followers or finances from talking the truth. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Prescient????

Since you live in Florida...go to Fantasyland, because that is the only place that you can cruise in May in the US.

A bit snarky this morning??? Maybe you should cut down on the caffeine.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It won't do any good calling.  Lift and shift is not an option until Royal cancels the cruise...there is no getting around that

I lift and shifted 5 spring break 2020 Royal sailing's last dec just prior to final payment due date and  before they cancelled March sailings.

3 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I lift and shifted 5 spring break 2020 Royal sailing's last dec just prior to final payment due date and  before they cancelled March sailings.

That’s fine but the post I was referring to was referencing a booking that the person was trying to shift in February (this month) and Lift and shift ended Jan 31st, 2020

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

CNN is a pathetic joke. Last spring I watched them a lot and it was always doom and gloom. Their anchors would literally start the show with down turned faces and sad eyes. I gave up on them and started watching the BBC. They told the whole story, both the deaths AND the recoveries. CNN has no credibility in my eyes. Such a shame, too, it used to be a great network.

They lost me when Cuomo emerged from his basement after his "battle" with Covid19.  It's realty TV - just like the Kardashians.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

They lost me when Cuomo emerged from his basement after his "battle" with Covid19.  It's realty TV - just like the Kardashians.  

For me it was the blatant hypocrisy over whether protests were safe or not. By the MSM's standards, anti-lock down protests were dangerous super spreaders whereas protests over the police were just fine. I was done then.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

A bit snarky this morning??? Maybe you should cut down on the caffeine.

Snarky?  Not at all, I just deal with the reality fact that there will be no revenue producing cruising in the US in May.  And I also would have my spell check engaged on my PC.

On 1/30/2021 at 1:54 PM, lenquixote66 said:

July 24,2023 is when cruises shall resume in the US

I like the month of March and the number 25 more - so, let it be March 25, 2025. And then some day on one of thousands of ships there will be a “case”, and voila! - back to square one - cruising will be prohibited for unknown time until everyone is scrutinized again, then resume, then another “case”, then stop all again, and so on...

I never thought cruses will be AKA vacationing in hospitals.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kirtihk said:

I like the month of March and the number 25 more - so, let it be March 25, 2025. And then some day on one of thousands of ships there will be a “case”, and voila! - back to square one - cruising will be prohibited for unknown time until everyone is scrutinized again, then resume, then another “case”, then stop all again, and so on...

Can I get some of what you're smoking?  Thousands of ships?  2025?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

As is most 24/7 news.  I'm tired of all of them.  I wish we could just get back to having the news reported - what is happening in the world and let me draw my own conclusions.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, mek said:

As is most 24/7 news.  I'm tired of all of them.  I wish we could just get back to having the news reported - what is happening in the world and let me draw my own conclusions.

I asked Dan last night what they used to talk about on the news.  I couldn't remember😇  Sadly I think we are in for many many more months of watching folks jet jabbed

18 hours ago, kirtihk said:

I assume that Buffalo has a lot of snow now.I have a close friend who grew up there and spoke often about the winters.My friend used to say the only thing worse than snow in Buffalo was a certain creature who played for the  Bills.

13 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

A realistic factual answer instead of delusion.

If I write “hundreds”, would it change an attitude toward my statement? Delusion is the world chaotic approach (line a chicken running without its head).

1 hour ago, kirtihk said:

If I write “hundreds”, would it change an attitude toward my statement? Delusion is the world chaotic approach (line a chicken running without its head).

Thousands implies a minimum of 2,000, if not more.  When the answer is 323, combined with the fact that you stated that cruising will not return till 2025....yes, I feel that I was completely correct utilizing the word delusion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/1/2021 at 9:47 PM, SNJCruisers said:

On another note, you do realize there is a zero chance of your Disney cruise sailing in November.  Vaccines will possibly be required as a mandate to cruise and with no vaccines available for kids that would be a severe detriment to kid oriented Disney.

What makes you think that? Did you read Carnival's latest guidelines? A vaccine is not required, a test is.

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Thousands implies a minimum of 2,000, if not more.  When the answer is 323, combined with the fact that you stated that cruising will not return till 2025....yes, I feel that I was completely correct utilizing the word delusion.

My actual point was the hard-coded July 2023 is a very strange date.  In reality, I don't consider 2025 (it was a joke) or any year; cruises should never stop or stop forever, because how I also wrote, potentially, there will be one person sick on any given cruise, and then by now we already know what a authorities' reaction will be.  Having over a thousand of sick people on a ship (now I'm not joking - I was on such a ship with 3,000+ people a few years ago, and around a half of them got sick very badly gradually by the end of the cruise - it was one of deadly pathogenic viruses) didn't trigger ANY reaction whatsoever from either the crew or land operations.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, exm said:

What makes you think that? Did you read Carnival's latest guidelines? A vaccine is not required, a test is.

Vaccines will be mandatory in order for cruising to return.  The industry does not want a repeat of what transpired a year ago.  Over the next few months as the percentage of those vaccinated grows and the return of cruising becomes more imminent, then official policies will be enacted. 

1 hour ago, kirtihk said:

I was on such a ship with 3,000+ people a few years ago, and around a half of them got sick very badly gradually by the end of the cruise - it was one of deadly pathogenic viruses) didn't trigger ANY reaction whatsoever from either the crew or land operations.

That was the exception, in the last few years even a 10% out break of noro makes the news  and both the crew and some land operations are certainly affected (never mind a reaction).

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I assume that Buffalo has a lot of snow now.I have a close friend who grew up there and spoke often about the winters.My friend used to say the only thing worse than snow in Buffalo was a certain creature who played for the  Bills.

Not a fan of Jim Kelly, huh. 

Weird