The Daily for Wednesday Feb 10, 2021

richwmn

Top of the morning Rich. Appreciate the Daily.

Roy, you've been on my Daily prayer list. Praying nothing goes haywire on you. Hoping Roger gets straightened out, and apparently his daughter and SO's relationship..

Good morning Dailyites,  thanks to all who contribute. @DeeniEncinitas, it is nice to be back onboard, and while we were away, new Daily-ites have joined! Are you going out "shooting" again today? I'm sure your sweet personality puts people at ease while getting their shots. Thank you! ❤️

Miss Ann, good morning sister. I think I may like the wine today. How is your foot? 

St Louis, hope you're feeling better from that 2nd jab.

Allen has his 2nd this afternoon!! I still have 2 weeks til my 2nd..

Still laying low today. Making a beautiful rib eye, smashed potatoes and sauteed spinach tonight. Has anyone else tried the Green Giant cook in bag fresh smashed potatoes? They are in the vegetable section with the regular potatoes. Really good.

Have a wonderful day! 

Xx

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. As always, thanks for the Daily!

The last few days has taught us to wait to see Gerry's post before checking our temperature. 12F doesn't look so cold after all. But they tell us we're headed toward -40 wind chills in the area this weekend.

It's good to see so many getting vaccinated. We'll work our way to the top of the list eventually. Hopefully opening up pharmacies and healthcare groups to giving shots will speed things along here, if supply can keep up.

We enjoyed a warmer sunrise over a calm Caribbean Sea last year. 

A.thumb.JPG.6d4149288ff9a2992edb343c9c024eeb.JPG

Stay safe and healthy, and think warm thoughts! This too shall pass.

Have a great day!

Lori & George

• Like 18

Morning everyone. It’s a balmy 28 degrees now, but thankfully no more snow.

The governor announced that our county remains in a red zone, but no vaccines available. Tonight at midnight CVS opens their registration, but we don’t know which ones will have it.

Prayers for all who need them. Stay safe and double mask.

Carol

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Top of the morning Rich. Appreciate the Daily.

Roy, you've been on my Daily prayer list. Praying nothing goes haywire on you. Hoping Roger gets straightened out, and apparently his daughter and SO's relationship..

Good morning Dailyites,  thanks to all who contribute. @DeeniEncinitas, it is nice to be back onboard, and while we were away, new Daily-ites have joined! Are you going out "shooting" again today? I'm sure your sweet personality puts people at ease while getting their shots. Thank you! ❤️

Miss Ann, good morning sister. I think I may like the wine today. How is your foot? 

St Louis, hope you're feeling better from that 2nd jab.

Allen has his 2nd this afternoon!! I still have 2 weeks til my 2nd..

Still laying low today. Making a beautiful rib eye, smashed potatoes and sauteed spinach tonight. Has anyone else tried the Green Giant cook in bag fresh smashed potatoes? They are in the vegetable section with the regular potatoes. Really good.

Have a wonderful day! 

Xx

thanks  for  the  heads up  about  frozen  smashed  potatoes! Will  try.

I  described  the  skier's  skillet  to  DH  and  he  said  it  would  not  be  enough  to  eat....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good morning all. Thank you for your good wishes on my recovery. I see the surgeon on feb 23 to get the pathology reports. Thanks Roy for including me on the list. And rich, I learned two things today about plimsolls. Taking it easy until I see the surgeon but very happy that pain level is only a one! 

• Like 15

image.thumb.jpeg.11ab3b00b43c9d2a53a93670f808d472.jpeg

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

GOOD MORNING TO MY CC DAILYIETS!

OUR DAUGHTER SENT THIS TO US THIS AM!! She says Paisley is her little doggie 

AVENGER HERO! She thought they matched this am and wanted to say good morning!! Our family and our beautiful animals sure give us joy!

🌺Rich I really learned a lot this am from you!!

🌺Roy, this is my refuge to see all on our care list and celebrations!! I am so glad to see you and your brother on it! Prayers always!

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Are you going out "shooting" again today? I'm sure your sweet personality puts people at ease while getting their shots. Thank you! ❤️

Hi Joy❤️ Yes!! Up until Tomorrow! I am off for the weekend! David and I celebrate a Big Anniversary on the 13th! 
50 Years!! 😳 Got married right after High School. Did our colleges together and have supported each other ever since. My BF!!❤️
image.jpeg.85bc7c8b28efe48d408ee3e67cb747b6.jpeg

🌺Lori!! I added this to my journal!! Thank you for the photo!

🌺Ann, so glad you did fine with your exercises. I had to laugh about you saying Bindi is getting a little pudgy since 

it has been a little hard to walk. Wish we could be kayaking with our babies together! Would be fun! 
🌺Summer! Brings back memories with the drink!! We were at The Sheraton in Maui celebration time! Both of us graduated college and finally enjoying a good time! I had many of those drinks. 
Realized a month later we were pregnant!! Happy Times.

🌺Debbie! Thank you for starting the dishes with photos to go along with it!

Denise😊

• Like 21

Good morning everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your care and shoutout list Roy. Thank you for putting my mother on the list, she sounded so happy last night because she was finally at home. She even said she had more energy than she expected. 

Flannel is cozy and I love my flannel pj’s. I had to look up Plimsolls and it was very interesting learning about the Plimsoll line on a ship and Plimsoll shoes which are just sneakers with rubber bottoms and canvas tops, mostly used by the British. 

I’ll pass on the meal suggestions. I’m going to search the freezer for inspiration. I might make the tomato feta fish dish, it was so yummy and I have all the ingredients. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 16

12 minutes ago, superoma said:

Good morning all. Thank you for your good wishes on my recovery. I see the surgeon on feb 23 to get the pathology reports. Thanks Roy for including me on the list. And rich, I learned two things today about plimsolls. Taking it easy until I see the surgeon but very happy that pain level is only a one! 

Wishing and praying for your quick recovery and hoping your radiation treatments will be over soon. 

• Like 6

Good morning. We have snow in the High Country above town but right now we are staying dry. Cloudy, but dry. Since I have to go out this afternoon I would like it to stay that way. We are headed for much colder by weekend.

Scheduled my second "jab" for the 25th. Have a rather critical zoom meeting on the 24th and I want to be fully functional for that. On the plus side our county has dropped to blue zone. They can open up more seating for the eating out crowd but I am still avoiding and will be, even with the 2nd shot. But I am getting very tired of my own cooking.

Otherwise all is well here..... dogs and I getting what exercise we can... I am still trying to get stuff tossed out. Will tackle a closet in my spare bedroom this morning and I know that is going to be a several week job.

Susan

• Like 15

Minnesota has set up a random lottery system for COVID vaccines for ages 65+. We found out late last night that Mitzi was a winner! She gets her first shot tomorrow and the second one on March 11 at the Minneapolis Convention Center. 

Here are views of Buckingham Palace, the Eye, Horse Guards, and Whitehall from the lake in St. James Park - 

566253932_P3290856(2).thumb.JPG.88e6e717dd3c2b00ec3db117656318f7.JPG814554599_P3290858(2).thumb.JPG.6b7d08a5d067b60d10f599792462925a.JPG710504907_P3290859(2).thumb.JPG.76f8aa08ef94085d66c01bca53945b84.JPG

• Like 25

Good morning all!

Interesting collection of days..I don't own any flannel (!) I guess I do more "layers", short sleeve shirt under a sweatshirt on cooler days.  I remember my dear Dad loved all his flannel shirts. I tend towards too warm.

Never heard of Plimsoll before, I learned something today too!  Proofreading --- my job back in the stone age was proofreading for lawyers.  It has stayed with me to this day, can't shake it.

I've had this wine before, it's good!  Will pass on the dinner, it sounds more like breakfast to me.  I made the Beef and Biscuit dinner from a few days ago, DH pronounced it "very good!"  I did add more spices as was suggested, and used grated cheddar instead of Velveeta.  Next time I'll bake the biscuits separately because as others said, they didn't cook through even though I added more time.  We'll have it again tonight, leftovers.

@superomaprayers for you as you recover.

We'll be visiting the grandsons today and bringing them some Valentine goodie bags (candy) 😉  We see them once/week and Valentines Day falls between visits, so they're getting them early.  

Everyone stay safe and healthy, wear your masks 🙂  

• Like 15

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

thanks  for  the  heads up  about  frozen  smashed  potatoes! Will  try.

I  described  the  skier's  skillet  to  DH  and  he  said  it  would  not  be  enough  to  eat....

Smitty, they are not frozen. They are fresh in the steamable bags and have seasonings and butter in it. They are in the fresh produce. After microwaving,  you smash them with an oven mitt. There's various varieties,  including baby sweet potatoes. 

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

image.thumb.jpeg.11ab3b00b43c9d2a53a93670f808d472.jpeg

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

GOOD MORNING TO MY CC DAILYIETS!

OUR DAUGHTER SENT THIS TO US THIS AM!! She says Paisley is her little doggie 

AVENGER HERO! She thought they matched this am and wanted to say good morning!! Our family and our beautiful animals sure give us joy!

🌺Rich I really learned a lot this am from you!!

🌺Roy, this is my refuge to see all on our care list and celebrations!! I am so glad to see you and your brother on it! Prayers always!

Hi Joy❤️ Yes!! Up until Tomorrow! I am off for the weekend! David and I celebrate a Big Anniversary on the 13th! 
50 Years!! 😳 Got married right after High School. Did our colleges together and have supported each other ever since. My BF!!❤️
image.jpeg.85bc7c8b28efe48d408ee3e67cb747b6.jpeg

🌺Lori!! I added this to my journal!! Thank you for the photo!

🌺Ann, so glad you did fine with your exercises. I had to laugh about you saying Bindi is getting a little pudgy since 

it has been a little hard to walk. Wish we could be kayaking with our babies together! Would be fun! 
🌺Summer! Brings back memories with the drink!! We were at The Sheraton in Maui celebration time! Both of us graduated college and finally enjoying a good time! I had many of those drinks. 
Realized a month later we were pregnant!! Happy Times.

🌺Debbie! Thank you for starting the dishes with photos to go along with it!

Denise😊

OH MY GOODNESS!! 50 Year's! How awesome, beautiful, wonderful to see a loving couple married 50 year's! Congratulations! So you were married the day before Valentine's Day... did you wear something Valentine-ish? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

@Seasick Sailor

my foot did fine after my first class. Just a couple of things caused discomfort, so I will save them for next week.  Back to my full walks with Bindi. Which is good, because she was getting a bit chunky. 

Lol, I need to get going on longer walks, as I'm getting chunky too! 

• Like 3

Good morning and thanks all!  I wonder if that law applies to balancing cheque books too?  
I like Roy’s Duck!   Ann, Not sure about the Chardonnay as it’s Oaked!  

We’re looking at another week in the deep freeze,  got the treadmill dug out yesterday!

@DeeniEncinitascongratulations!   That’s awesome! 

5295B4BE-147B-47C2-B0A4-B17E56DBBFF6.jpeg

D39A9F5A-A826-4BCB-B5B2-6B661C043C84.jpeg

78BF3F7E-46F5-47CB-891A-D34735A86437.jpeg

• Like 16

Good morning.  This was supposed to be a cloudy day, but we have sun 🌞 with just a few clouds, so no complaints here.  I have a couple of flannel shirts that I wear over a t-shirt in colder climates.  We’ll skip the meal suggestions and have the leftover pot roast tonight with our wine.

The quote fits me to a T.  Proofreading has never been my strong suit.  I try to read through posts, emails, etc. many times, but can still miss something.  Often I seen what I thought I wrote not what my fingers actually typed.  😱  I, or more often DH, will find the typos after the window to edit has closed.  DH just found one.  

@superoma Glad the pain is a one and sending our thoughts and good wishes for a speedy recovery, a good pathology report, and a short coarse of radiation.

@DeeniEncinitas Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 14

I'm home from my hair appointment and just had lunch.  And @Seasick Sailor my arm is feeling slightly better so it seems I am going to live!  Thanks for your comforting words.  Be sure to baby Allen the first day or two because he might get a little grumpy and will surely appreciate your help.

@DeeniEncinitascongratulations on your 50th anniversary!  Many happy returns as well.

@Overhead FredI enjoyed seeing the photos of St. James Park.  We have strolled through there a couple of times and it is one of my favorite pastimes when sightseeing in London.

And @superoma sending my most fervent good wishes for a happy outcome for you.  We will do our best to keep you in a positive, happy mood.

• Like 11

Good morning, all! Perfect timing for National Flannel Day! We have an Arctic Outflow Warning starting today, so fleece and flannel are wardrobe staples for the next few days! I have a full length flannel nightie somewhere. Maybe if I accessorize with the right jewelry I can wear it at dinner and proclaim it Winter Gala Night?🤔

Skiers Skillet sounds good. Add in smashed potatoes, and serve with a side salad - tonight’s dinner is all planned! Yesterday saw the template for our CNY gingerbread pagoda completed, and the pieces cut and baked. They’ve been out to season and harden for the construction phase today. Tomorrow will be decorating. The hot water is out for the birds and Rizu the squirrel, as is her daily treat. Yesterday the water had to be refreshed every hour as it froze over. 
Here’s a picture of the ‘rough lumber’ pagoda pieces waiting to be assembled. At this stage it doesn’t look like much. Tomorrow I will post a picture of the completed pagoda awaiting all the finishing touches. Unless I forget, or there is a construction disaster and WorkSafe has roped off the site, which is always possible with a new design.

04D1C3DB-5FF2-43D0-BE68-00CC1DC06B2C.thumb.jpeg.3e72b5ccb1e3ca3d54ca24a004093912.jpeg

Happy Wednesday, everyone, from our beloved Amsterdam and her chorus of elevators.

B40E144D-A849-424D-B276-F846E4A380ED.thumb.jpeg.edb91389f50965fa60d863d2362a5dac.jpeg

• Like 20

Good Afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

It's a good day for flannel with these cold temps. I hadn't ever heard of Plimsoll shoes or Plimsoll lines - had to look that up.

I love to proofread. I used to do it for college students' papers when I was in high school and papers were typed on a typewriter. 

Snow tonight and Friday night they say. At least it looks ok for my eye doc appointment tomorrow.

I'll pass on Skiers Skillet. I'm not sure what's for dinner tonight.

@superoma Best wishes with your treatment.

@rafinmd Praying for you and your brother.

@DeeniEncinitas Congrats on the anniversary! 50 years is quite an accomplishment.

@Sharon in AZ Good news about your Mom feeling more energetic.

@StLouisCruisers I can't wait to get a haircut. My doctor has me waiting until 2 weeks after my 2nd vaccine, so another 6 weeks to go. It's been 4 months and I used to go every 5 weeks! I look a sight.

@Horizon chaser 1957 I can't wait to see the finished pagoda!

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe, social distance and wear you mask!

• Like 13

🙂 Good Afternoon and Thank You for the Daily! ✏️

Seems like I'm spending way too much time in PJ's or my jogging pants for comfort 😋.....but it's important to wear the good 'ole jeans  every once in awhile for some semblance of normalcy.😁

🙏 Prayers being sent to people in need and 👍hopefully we'll see more and more sites open for vaccinations. 👀

16129892547494744195099052243292.jpg

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

So you were married the day before Valentine's Day... did you wear something Valentine-ish? 

🥰I won’t tell! LOL... Wanted to be married on VDAY, But it fell on a Sunday

and out church could not accommodate us since it was Sunday.

4 hours ago, bennybear said:

congratulations!   That’s awesome! 

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

congratulations on your 50th anniversary!  Many happy returns as well.

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Congrats on the anniversary! 50 years is quite an accomplishment.

🌺Thank you everyone! Had another good day! Glad to be home. We gave more 2nd doses and more happy faces!

4 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

Minnesota has set up a random lottery system for COVID vaccines for ages 65+. We found out late last night that Mitzi was a winner! She gets her first shot tomorrow and the second one on March 11 at the Minneapolis Convention Center. 

👍👍I am so happy Mitzi will receive the vaccine. 
🌺To all, have a relaxing day to evening around our country!

To so many that need our prayers please 

know prayer is so powerful and rewarding!! 🙏Strength in numbers.

Denise😊

• Like 17

@DeeniEncinitasspecial wishes for your 50th!  Such a special event.  This year would have been ours, so I feel a special closeness to those married in 1971!  

Since I don't own any flannel, I will just have to stay warm with my hoodie over my regular shirt!  In order to stay out of the Colorado next year, I have a new solution.  I already have 18 days scheduled in January in Hawaii.  So, yesterday, I cancelled my September cruise in Europe, and booked a Panama Canal cruise leaving on January 30.  So, I will just fly back from Hawaii to San Diego, stay one night, and board the ship the next day!  32 or 33 days gone!!!!

Have a great evening, everyone.  Off to watch some NASCAR.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1