The Daily for Thursday Feb 11, 2021

richwmn

@ger_77Oh, my goodness!   I am so glad you are only bruised.  Falls scare the dickens out of me now that I'm older.  A friend of mine fell going downstairs to the basement, broke her neck and is now paralyzed from the neck down.  It only takes a second for your life to change immensely.  So, please be proactive.  Install those grab bars in the bathroom and shower.  Always use the handrails on the stairs.  Get rid of loose floor mats that can move when you step on them.  

I had Dan, my handyman, install railings on both sides of the stairs before I had my last knee replaced.  What a difference they make and I always use them going up and down stairs.  

Be careful!  As others have said, you are all my friends.   We're a community that cares about each other and we want no more injuries.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning Everyone from a warm but overcast day at the beach. At least the fog has cleared.

Thankful as always for this wonderful thread, it is the only place I have met new friends in the past year!

My thoughts and prayers are with Roy. Hope he will feel better soon.

Today is Thursday so off to play golf.

Have a wonderful day , be safe and please always wear your mask.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

My thoughts are also with Roy and hope he returns soon and completely healed.

This is his slightly updated list from yesterday

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax undergoing radiation treatment

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Roy

Roy's brother

Seasick Sailor in Quarantine and friend with Covid pneumonia

superoma recovering from lumpectomy

HAL (and other crews)

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

First jabs for St. Louis Sal, cruisemom42's parents, St.LouisCruisers, and JazzyV

Sharon’s mom released from hospital

Kazu’s BIL’s mom sitting up
 and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

What is wrong with Roy?

Thank You forther DAILY Rich.  Will be in Florida visiting friends over the next few days.  I am not sure how much access I will have to a computor so I might be absent from thes pages til mid week next week.  It will be nice to get into a warmer climate.

• Like 10

Best wishes for Roy, I hope that his hospital stay is a short one, and that he will soon be back watching over all of us again with his prayers and celebrations.  Gerry, so sorry to hear about your fall.  That can be so dangerous as I know that I have been close to slipping a few times myself stepping out of the tub and shower.  Hope the aches and pains go away soon, and just glad to hear that nothing was broken.  

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, Himself said:

What is wrong with Roy?

Father, Roy’s Doctor had been sending him for a series of tests related to his heart murmur.  So hopefully, they have found something that will help get Roy back posting here soon.

• Like 14

Good morning. Thank you Rich for the Daily, and for picking up the extra duty. Unfortunately, financial constraints preclude us from offering an equivalent increase in pay...in other words, we're cheap 🙄

Roy, get well soon, and get back! You are missed.

@ger_77, so glad you weren't more seriously injured. And as for your weather, I can only say... brr!

A year ago this morning we watched the sun rise as we were entering the Panama Canal.

A.thumb.JPG.2259914f1161d86dd589ed8192c76ebe.JPG

B.thumb.JPG.21b45ed315be5bd21d68e4d216604809.JPG

Hopefully we can all get back to cruising one day soon. We have a few trips left on the bucket list.

Stay safe and healthy, and have a great day!

George

• Like 19

Good morning everyone. We got another two inches of snow last night and our contractor doesn’t plow unless we have three inches, but they are coming back to salt the driveway, mailbox, and roads. We’re staying put today.

Prayers for Roy that he’s home soon and in good health.

Gerry, you are so lucky that you didn’t break anything. I know several people who have fallen on wet bathroom floors and they didn’t have the good luck you did.

We’ve all made new friends on this thread and I’m grateful every morning to visit with all of you.

DH is a zombie this morning. He was up at midnight trying to register for the shot at CVS when the line opened but the site was overwhelmed. At 7am when he finally got through there were no more appointments. This is so frustrating.

Stay safe everyone and double mask.

Carol

• Like 16

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily Rich.

Thinking of Roy and sending prayers.

Yes to National Friends Day, in person and virtual! Inventors deserve cheers.

Another morning spent shoveling snow. At least it has stopped so no issue with my eye appt later hopefully.

@ger_77 Oh my! I'm glad you didn't break anything.

@mamaofami I know that frustration of being on the computer, filling out pages of info, then finding out there are no spots left.

Prayers to our Care list (thanks Rich for filling in) and Cheers to the celebration list.

Stay safe, social distance and wear your mask!

• Like 15

Good morning all!

Oh my, a NZ Sauvignon Blanc and one I buy regularly!  I won't drink any SB now unless it's a New Zealand wine, they're the best. 🙂  

Chicken and rice sounds good for tonight, nice comfort food on a cold day. And I have some chicken thawed.  I think I'll stick to my own recipe though, not quite so rich.  😉  

We have indeed made new friends on this thread, and I hope to sail with all of you in the future!

@ger_77oh my goodness, I'm so glad you didn't break any bones. Falls are so scary...  And that's DAM cold!!  

Hoping Roy will soon be home again and that the doctors fix him up as good as new.  He's missed here.

We're having a bit of a cold snap here (I know, nothing at all like what some of you are having!)  Lows in the 20's F and a winter storm advisory for 6-10 inches this weekend.  So glad we're stocked up on food and wine. 🙂  

• Like 16

2 hours ago, dfish said:

@ger_77Oh, my goodness!   I am so glad you are only bruised.  Falls scare the dickens out of me now that I'm older.  A friend of mine fell going downstairs to the basement, broke her neck and is now paralyzed from the neck down.  It only takes a second for your life to change immensely.  So, please be proactive.  Install those grab bars in the bathroom and shower.  Always use the handrails on the stairs.  Get rid of loose floor mats that can move when you step on them.  

I had Dan, my handyman, install railings on both sides of the stairs before I had my last knee replaced.  What a difference they make and I always use them going up and down stairs.  

Be careful!  As others have said, you are all my friends.   We're a community that cares about each other and we want no more injuries.

@ger_77.... the first time I did that I got myself up, counted bones, and then headed for the phone to arrange for a walk-in shower to be installed. Scary. Glad you are ok except for the bruises and soreness. Like others, I have gotten very aware of the possibility of falls.

Best wishes to all..... and hope to hear good news from Roy and about Roger. Things do not seem to be getting easier.

Susan

• Like 17

Good morning and huge thanks to Rich as usual and for stepping in for dear Roy!  Hoping all shall be well!  
@cat shepardAnn, congratulations on stepping up to the bandaid!  
@ger_77Yikes!  Hope you heal well!   I had a grab bar installed in our bathroom while We make plans for a walk in shower after my cousin  broke her hip getting out of a bath on her first trip abroad!  
The extreme cold continues!  They even closed some schools  which we never do!  Here’s a photo of our poor grand dog! 

B29F473A-AD2E-4265-BAD3-7384D4D98659.jpeg

• Like 21

3 hours ago, Himself said:

What is wrong with Roy?

Father, yesterday evening, someone we don't know, but we imagine is a friend of Roy's (she must have joined CC in order to do the one post) posted on the Wednesday Daily to say Roy was in the hospital for a few days.  No reason was given for the hospitalization.   We are all thinking of him and wishing him a speedy recovery.

• Like 11

Good morning from a snowy and cold Victoria!  Thanks to Rich for doing double duty today, as himself and also as Roy!  And also to the drinks and recipes ladies.  

@ger_77, hope you feel better soon.  Falling is really scary.  I am terrified of our bathtub, which is super-slippery, and we did install a grab bar, but I give any visitor a long lecture about using the rubber mat and hanging on while getting in and out.

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and huge thanks to Rich as usual and for stepping in for dear Roy!  Hoping all shall be well!  
@cat shepardAnn, congratulations on stepping up to the bandaid!  
@ger_77Yikes!  Hope you heal well!   I had a grab bar installed in our bathroom while We make plans for a walk in shower after my cousin  broke her hip getting out of a bath on her first trip abroad!  
The extreme cold continues!  They even closed some schools  which we never do!  Here’s a photo of our poor grand dog! 

B29F473A-AD2E-4265-BAD3-7384D4D98659.jpeg

Aw cute.  Dogs need to be protected in the severe cold.  I don’t know if I am going to walk mine today or not.  Even with their coats and stuff on, noses and other parts are at high risk with this extreme cold.  Waiting to see if it warms up a bit.

Once it gets too cold, it can get dangerous for them.

My dogs are not staying out any longer than necessary to do business and Marley is a winter dog.  There is no argument about coming in at all.

• Like 14