The Daily for Thursday Mar 04, 2021

richwmn

12 minutes ago, richwmn said:

@erewhonposted yesterday that they would be away for a few days and might not see the Daily. We all hope he is OK.

🌺Hi Rich! Thanks for letting us know on Erewhon!!

🌴🌴🌴

We just got notice of a tsunami watch for 

us with our home in Kaanapali. Our friend 

called us about the watch. It is at the end of Kaanapali on the beach. With their last earthquake we had a watch and we were fine. I hope erewhon is doing well.

Denise😊

• Like 9

Good afternoon everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. Also thank you for posting your brother’s obituary notice, sounds like he was a well educated man and lived a good life. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. 

I had a busy morning:

2342EE26-7CC7-4459-9554-8EFC26E15AFE.thumb.jpeg.ff7ae015ebab4b69a2303ec722e2e990.jpeg

Yay!!  Second vaccine is scheduled for April 1st. I wish I could get DH an appointment, I keep checking every day. There is availability but I want to schedule somewhere closer to home so he can work it into his work schedule. 

I’m making Swai with the roasted tomato feta sauce recipe that was a recipe of the day a bit ago. I don’t have basil but it tastes good anyway, I’ll use parsley instead. 

I remember marching band from school. Band was a big deal in our small town in Colorado and parades were a big deal too. Anyone who was in band was also in marching band. 

Have a great day everyone!

Forgot to mention that I’ve never been to the port of the day nor Japan. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 15

55 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@DeeniEncinitas Denise my sweet friend/sister, hope all is well at home. #2 (or 3 or 4?) On Maui. Prayers all is well with you and neighborhood. 

Got a call on Allen's biopsy.  A 3rd mohs surgery now needing scheduled.. please keep him in prayer.  

🌺Sweet sister!!

absolutely!! Our Shawn went through MOHS surgery on the side of her nose Basel cell and it was done wonderfully. I had Basel on my face where MOHS done needed 2 times and unfortunately I had squamous cell ! Allen is in great hands with good surgeons and he will come through!! Our prayers will be extra special 

for my dear brother in law.🙏

❤️You! D

• Like 9

@bennybear you don't have to wait to renovate, you can purchase those lovely heated seats/bidet replacements at Costco for your current commode.  Our DS (who lived and married in Japan) bought one a couple of years ago for their home in Calgary.  Love visiting there! LOL

@Seasick Sailor will definitely keep your DH in my prayers.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 9

8 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning Everyone from an overcast and cool day at the beach.

I have never been to Japan, except in the airport on a layover to Singapore. Does that count?

Roy, what a wonderful obituary for your brother. It sounds like he was a very interesting man. The Cape Canaveral National Cemetery is a beautiful place. Very well cared for. My family volunteers there to remove the wreaths after Christmas. 

We received our results- I am negative, DS is positive. So as of right now there are 17 family members positive. Of the 4 that are negative, we were all  in various stages of the vaccine. So it works! We will continue to quarantine .  What a terrible legacy for my brother.

Stay safe and stay vigilant.

Charlene

Wish there was a button for I'm sorry! 😔

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@DeeniEncinitas Denise my sweet friend/sister, hope all is well at home. #2 (or 3 or 4?) On Maui. Prayers all is well with you and neighborhood. 

Got a call on Allen's biopsy.  A 3rd mohs surgery now needing scheduled.. please keep him in prayer.  

Joy, I am so sorry. Prayers winging their way. It is tough until the “we got it all” signal is given. 

• Like 7

Good afternoon everyone. Thanks Rich for the daily. Thanks for sharing about your brother Roy. 
I ended my overlander adventure. After three, almost four months away, home is very nice. I got home and the next day was able to get my first shot. Day three home is sunny and windy. 
I’ve missed everyone. 

• Like 13

It has been a busy day, on the Daily, and here, so I am late.  So much to say, Roy, what a great obituary for your brother.  He sounds like an amazing man!    Charlene, happy your Covid test was negative, yay for vaccination!, but sorry about your DS testing positive.  What a disaster for your family!  So sad.  I hope Erewhon is not affected by the earthquake/tsunami.    Mohs surgery is great, when I had it (6 cuts), I ended up with a big zigzag all down my nose, but there is no sign of it now, it healed beautifully.  

I have only been in Tokyo airport, but my parents had their honeymoon in Japan (1937).  They loved it.  

Roy, we were on Prinsendam, too, this day in 2019 - and I couldn't remember your dinner, so I looked in my photos.  We had gone to the Canaletto that evening, for the special dinner "La Dolce Vita".  I won't tell Pat he missed one of his favourite crumbles!IMG_8778.thumb.JPG.74e81f0448e5a8e1ae0926c240d2c2e7.JPG

• Like 13

@horizonchaser1957     Great pictures of Pahia.  We were spent a week there, 5 years ago, before cruising around NZ and back to Vancouver. Our cruise was supposed to stop in Pahia, but had mechanical issues and we missed Pahia and Auckland.  We sat on our balcony in Pahia, watching the parasailers.

@rafinmd    Thank you for sharing the obituary of your brother.  He lived an interesting life. You must have been very proud of him.  May memories keep him close.

@St. Louis Cruisers    Hope you will post about the 2022 Grand South America cruise. Just booked that cruise in 2023.

• Like 11

Good evening, thanks for the Daily.

Prayers for those with a need and cheers to those with a cause.

Thanks for sharing your brother's obit, Roy. It sounds like he lived a fulfilling and fascinating life.

Our thoughts are with @erewhon and the people of New Zealand this evening. We hope all is well with them.

Stay safe and healthy, and our best wishes to all.

Lori & George

• Like 10

9 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  That Riesling sounds really interesting!  
We circumnavigated Japan in 2019 and it was one of our most favourite cruises!  We didn’t go to Takamatsu,  but actually just booked a cruise two days ago for 2023 that will visit there!   I highly recommend Japan,  it was absolutely delightful!  And spring is a wonderful time to visit! 

From this port, it looks like you could easily visit one of the top gardens in Japan at Okayama  where all these photos were taken.  We really enjoyed it!

8F55EDC7-A85E-41BF-B203-EF3E8F86EFD9.jpeg

760DEB47-9070-4A61-AF07-78439DC2C6BF.jpeg

I so wish I'd made it to Japan on Westerdam in 2020 but it wasn't to be. I love your photos, especially the cranes -- they are like living works of art. 

Luckily I didn't try to rebook that trip for 2021 -- I thought I already had a plate full of travel planned. Doesn't look like much of that will happen either.... :classic_sad:  But once things normalize, this trip will be near the top of my list.

• Like 7

Good Evening All,

Gee wiz, it’s already March 4. So far this month has been gobbled up by some training I’m taking. And today it finished.😁

Had sat down to write a bit about my last cruise and realized just now that 3 years ago we had sailed away from Buenos Aires. The focus of the trip was Iguazu Falls, which was already over as of 3-2-18. So am a little late.🤪

So I’ll pick up the story with the events of this day, 3 years ago, now, and back track to talk about the Falls on what were sea days on the 6th and 7th. 

We boarded Zaandam 3 years ago yesterday, (March 3) and overnighted on the ship tied up in the industrial dock.

Zaandam had a nice spot on the pier with her port side towards the Rio Plata. (On my Antarctica trip, Veendam had been docked deep inside the industrial area surrounded by shipping cartons.)

5C1431B0-3B7C-4AA9-82F9-0D9F91D59AEF.thumb.jpeg.b07db0e157cfe1f22b41cff2d888ed10.jpeg

My driver picked me up at the hotel around 11:00, which gave me time to walk over to Florida Street and the Pacifica Mall (I picked up a few gifts, a bottle of wine and my first taste of that famous Argentine ice cream.) Oh my gosh- I fell in love with the later.
A15AB8E5-B591-49E8-9A22-900F1EFC292D.thumb.jpeg.9626977a2c0d41a243b0787cb41434a0.jpeg

When checking in at the pier, I paid corkage for my bottle and left it with the steward to be taken to the dining room. Bad decision: when I got to the MDR that evening, that bottle was MIA. I got quite the good natured ribbing from my British table mates, who spun a story of a group of stewards below deck toasting my taste in Malbec. 🍷 🍷 

On the 4th, I had signed up for a tour of the Delta. The first stop was a small town along the river with a large church and a craft fair in a park. 
96676CE8-B452-45D4-B475-280D9286061F.thumb.jpeg.4126bf4e010ffe619bd2fe44dfc2e88f.jpeg3DC0BDD0-72DF-416B-9D77-EE7F8AD50FFC.thumb.jpeg.8ddad794ebe32e28a93fb856bfb8224c.jpeg

Then it was on to a cruise of the river which was enjoyable in the heat and we saw a large number of beautiful wooden boats.

AF6F8DA6-6DCA-4DE7-A3D5-9BC0810A64FF.thumb.jpeg.9eb6a54be60653554ec57d72672b4df0.jpeg

• Like 15

17 hours ago, cunnorl said:

What a terrible legacy for my brother.

Your brother's legacy is that so many loved him and respected his life enough to gather in his honor at such a time. What happened to your family is a reflection on one person's judgement only. Praying for the best for all of you.

George

• Like 10

10 hours ago, lindaler said:

Good afternoon everyone. Thanks Rich for the daily. Thanks for sharing about your brother Roy. 
I ended my overlander adventure. After three, almost four months away, home is very nice. I got home and the next day was able to get my first shot. Day three home is sunny and windy. 
I’ve missed everyone. 

Welcome home, Linda! Good to see you.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I so wish I'd made it to Japan on Westerdam in 2020 but it wasn't to be. I love your photos, especially the cranes -- they are like living works of art. 

Luckily I didn't try to rebook that trip for 2021 -- I thought I already had a plate full of travel planned. Doesn't look like much of that will happen either.... :classic_sad:  But once things normalize, this trip will be near the top of my list.

Thank you!   We loved it and have booked again one that also visits Korea.  2023 perhaps?   

8 hours ago, VintageGeo said:

Your brother's legacy is that so many loved him and respected his life enough to gather in his honor at such a time. What happened to your family is a reflection on one person's judgement only. Praying for the best for all of you.

George

Thank You very much. That means a lot to me.

• Like 4