UK staycation cruise details launched

Adam Coulter

I am looking forward to these cruises starting, not because I want to sail on one, but to get first hand experiences from people onboard. From a purely selfish standpoint, I want to know how things progress until my cruise, scheduled for February next year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I am looking forward to these cruises starting, not because I want to sail on one, but to get first hand experiences from people onboard. From a purely selfish standpoint, I want to know how things progress until my cruise, scheduled for February next year.

I'm thinking the same Bob, its not for me but I hope it works out well for the cruise lines and leads to a more "normal" cruising experience in the future. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

Hearing from Carnival it will be 3 ships from P&O operating the new cruises. Can only guess that most likely will be Britannia, Ventura & Azura but could be one of the adults only ships instead. 5 & 7 nights and I think they said 4 aswell but could have been 3.

I think they might well be missing a trick if they don't have any adult-only sailings. Potentially, a lot of these cruises will be sailing within the school holiday season and there will be a lot of 'older' adults who would not wish to travel on a family-friendly ship during the school holidays...

• Like 6

Just now, Britboys said:

I think they might well be missing a trick if they don't have any adult-only sailings. Potentially, a lot of these cruises will be sailing within the school holiday season and there will be a lot of 'older' adults who would not wish to travel on a family-friendly ship during the school holidays...

I think you are probably right Andrew, lots of us oldies tend to give school holidays a miss or stick to the adult only cruises. I have nothing against kids, I even went to school with them.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, KellyStar100 said:

Do we know yet what will happen with testing? From the information being given so far, children will be allowed on these cruises and of course these won’t be vaccinated. You would think these new cruises will be for vaccinated adults only until they know how easily it can be spread 

I’m sorry I had no intention in replying to this but it started to bug me. From what I have read everyone will be tested before going on the ship so nothing should be brought onboard? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Also I’m talking on behalf of my children who have handled this pandemic brilliantly. They know the cruises will be very different to the ones they know and love. They’ll be constantly sanitising and wear a mask even though my son isn’t at the age where it’s compulsory. They know how to social distance. We are so looking forward to these and giving my children something to look forward to. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, crazy cat lady 83 said:

I’m sorry I had no intention in replying to this but it started to bug me. From what I have read everyone will be tested before going on the ship so nothing should be brought onboard? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Also I’m talking on behalf of my children who have handled this pandemic brilliantly. They know the cruises will be very different to the ones they know and love. They’ll be constantly sanitising and wear a mask even though my son isn’t at the age where it’s compulsory. They know how to social distance. We are so looking forward to these and giving my children something to look forward to. 

Personally, I don't think any of us should make assumptions or jump to conclusions before the cruise lines have confirmed all the details and requirements for these cruises. Hopefully we will all know more from P&O later this week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crazy cat lady 83 said:

I understand your view, everybody is entitled to their holidays, I think the children have suffered so badly during these horrible times and a lot of them are far too young to really understand, a lot of adults clearly don't either. Ultimately we are all going to have to get used to living with covid and whatever restrictions come with it. Hopefully the cruise lines will take this into account and ensure there is something for us all.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

So 19th July at the earliest. I have to be at a trade fair (assuming it runs) that week but I will keep my fingers crossed that there will be something for my birthday in August. I don't mind if there's families on board hopefully the little darlings will be in the kids clubs. 

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Personally, I don't think any of us should make assumptions or jump to conclusions before the cruise lines have confirmed all the details and requirements for these cruises. Hopefully we will all know more from P&O later this week.

Exactly , wait and see. It's no good guessing what will be and hoping for an adult ship only.

Chances are to start, we will see at sea only short breaks and at some point they will get back

to stopping at ports . Imagine two ships going to Amsterdam one is adult only and the other

one with family's . They are not going to split the city in two but just like the ships they will 

have set protocols for everyone to be safe . As you say information is key and more will be

known next week hopefully .

4 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I am the same Bob.  I have no intention of cruising until we hear how things are from the people who are happy to go on the cruises after the pause. 

Edited by Josy1953

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am the same Bob.  I have no intention of cruising until we hear how things are from the people who are happy to go on the cruises after the pause. 

I use the same principle as I did for the vaccine

A1 | Guinea Pigs Poster Art Print 60 X 90Cm 180Gsm Pet Mice Rat Cute

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

If the price is right,we will be on the first one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

I just hope that they will change the balance date for my 19 night October cruise.  If it was changed to 30 days like the earlier ones, that would be so helpful.

P&O changed our Sept 2nd 2021 cruise to 30 day last week.

But, academic for us as we have just moved it to March 2022, hopefully by then things will be back to normal as we can get off the ship independently.

I’ve just received an email from Viking inviting me to register interest in 3 uk sailings. 22 & 29th May and 5th June 7 night UK cruises from Portsmouth with included shore excursions!

I was hoping the P&O offerings would have port stops as they referred to releasing itineraries and this email makes me more hopeful.

No prices for the Viking cruises yet but they are all 7 nights on the new Viking Venus. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Tilly20 said:

I’ve just received an email from Viking inviting me to register interest in 3 uk sailings. 22 & 29th May and 5th June 7 night UK cruises from Portsmouth with included shore excursions!

I was hoping the P&O offerings would have port stops as they referred to releasing itineraries and this email makes me more hopeful.

No prices for the Viking cruises yet but they are all 7 nights on the new Viking Venus. 

I'm sure P&O will have port stops in line with other cruise companies doing UK summer cruises.

Interestingly, this week's "Tuesday at 10am" P&O news was a trailer about Our Vera.

I'd assumed that it would be the launch or pre-registration email for the round UK itineraries.

Don't want to run across the threads but it will be very interesting to see if P&O continue with the £40 price point for the drinks package, or drop to £30 at launch. 

If the prices go down for some of the other packages too and prices increase for on board drinks then this may make them not bad in value for money terms, particularly if there are no UK ports to enjoy. 

However, if Viking can run excursions, then it's hard to see why P&O can't at least for larger berths or tender operations.

10 minutes ago, sweep2907 said:

I'm sure P&O will have port stops in line with other cruise companies doing UK summer cruises.

Personally I can't see it.

Why bother testing passengers prior to letting them board, and then letting them off during the cruise , with the resultant possibility of bringing the vaccine back on board? It might be possible if every passenger had been vaccinated, but that will not be the case. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Personally I can't see it.

Why bother testing passengers prior to letting them board, and then letting them off during the cruise , with the resultant possibility of bringing the vaccine back on board? It might be possible if every passenger had been vaccinated, but that will not be the case. 

Have they said that they will be testing passengers prior to boarding? I’m not doubting you, it’s just that I missed that. I know that they have strongly implied that these cruises will have no port stops but I wonder if they might reconsider that if other cruise lines are doing them. It would make the P&O offering very unappealing in comparison. 

19 hours ago, bee-ess said:

P&O changed our Sept 2nd 2021 cruise to 30 day last week.

But, academic for us as we have just moved it to March 2022, hopefully by then things will be back to normal as we can get off the ship independently.

How did they let you know the balance date had changed.  Did they email?

14 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Have they said that they will be testing passengers prior to boarding? I’m not doubting you, it’s just that I missed that. I know that they have strongly implied that these cruises will have no port stops but I wonder if they might reconsider that if other cruise lines are doing them. It would make the P&O offering very unappealing in comparison. 

From the P&O web page.

"All guests and crew boarding our ships will undergo health screening and testing for COVID-19 before boarding. "

• Like 1