Will you Cruise from Nassau on Adventure?

Will you cruise from Nassau?  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise from Nassau

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

So these two executives have actually said that, for example, masks and social distancing are not going to be designated protocols for the Bahamas cruises, even with a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated cruise passengers?  It seems like many posters are making that assumption and it's just speculation, unless of course they said that in absolute terms.  Crystal Cruises is requiring masks and social distancing with vaccinated passengers and numerous of the cruise lines mandating vaccines in the UK are doing the same.  Hey, but what do I know.  Not anything more than other posters here.  

I don’t think @Ourusualbeach said that. I think he said Royal would update us at a later date what the protocols will be. The earlier mask mandate was before vaccines. It’s still possible masks might be mandated. We just don’t know yet. Those planning to cruise will likely not know before they make their final payments. 

He was on the TA call with executives from Royal. 

M8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t think @Ourusualbeach said that. I think he said Royal would update us at a later date what the protocols will be. The earlier mask mandate was before vaccines. It’s still possible masks might be mandated. We just don’t know yet. Those planning to cruise will likely not know before they make their final payments. 

He was on the TA call with executives from Royal. 

M8

Thank you.  I agree.  The Adventure of the Seas FAQ document that came out indicates that if cruisers aren't happy with the protocols and want to cancel then an FCC only, and not a cash refund, would be available.  If the protocols are released after final payment that could be an issue for some.  Just a thought.

"18. After reading the new health policies and procedures, a guest is no longer interested in cruising. What are his/her options? We're sorry to hear that this is the case. If the booking was made on or before May 31, 2021 , it qualifies for the Cruise with Confidence program, meaning that the guest can opt to cancel up to 48- hours prior to the sail date in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit to be used at a later date."

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/AD_FAQs.pdf

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

So these two executives have actually said that, for example, masks and social distancing are not going to be designated protocols for the Bahamas cruises, even with a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated cruise passengers?  It seems like many posters are making that assumption and it's just speculation, unless of course they said that in absolute terms.  Crystal Cruises is requiring masks and social distancing with vaccinated passengers and numerous of the cruise lines mandating vaccines in the UK are doing the same.  Hey, but what do I know.  Not anything more than other posters here.  

No, they said they are reviewing the protocols and they have not made a decision on masks or distancing either way. That is all that I have ever stated.  No decision one way or the other has been made.

to add “my opinion”. I believe that CWC book by date will be yet again extended to account for changing policies.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 3

On 3/19/2021 at 6:25 PM, twangster said:

This announcement pretty much confirms June Florida cruises are toast so it all depends how quickly Royal is willing to admit that and free up some of my funds to apply to Adventure. 

This was my first thought and it may be accurate. I think we can safely assume there will not be any 7 night cruises from Florida, but what about the 3 and 4 night? I'm booked on a Mariner b2b in June for two short cruises. I would rather cruise out of Florida.

15 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

This was my first thought and it may be accurate. I think we can safely assume there will not be any 7 night cruises from Florida, but what about the 3 and 4 night? I'm booked on a Mariner b2b in June for two short cruises. I would rather cruise out of Florida.

I really don’t see any difference between 3/4 night sailings and 7 night sailings.  I think they will both resume at the same time once sailings resume.  Not every ship will resume at the same time though so I think it will be a mix of itinerary lengths to start.

One of the initial assumptions for resuming the 3/4 day itineraries first was the lack  of available ports.  We now see that there are several ports willing to take Royals ships. Sailings will also now resume with vaccinated passengers as opposed to the initial plan that was based on sailing with unvaccinated passengers. 

I don’t see June sailings of any length happening. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, drrich2 said:

I voted 'yes,' as I don't have a specific plan to do it but I am open to it. We've flown down to Puerto Rico to catch a cruise before; I'm open to regarding Nassau-based cruises the same way. I'd rather cruise out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami, but hey...any Royal big ship cruise in a pandemic, you know?

Puerto Rico has a cruise terminal though.  Neither Nassau or St Maarten have cruise terminals, so check in is going to have to be somewhere else and passengers shuttled to the pier.  Drop off areas are a good distance away from even the closest pier at either port, so people better pack accordingly and not have a lot of carry on luggage.

I am sure that both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are working on all the logistics, but we will wait and see how it all works out.  We are not concerned about vaccines as we will both be fully vaccinated on Tuesday.  We are concerned about being stuck on a cruise ship for an extended length of time due to an outbreak.  My DH still works and some of what he does can not be done remotely.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I really don’t see any difference between 3/4 night sailings and 7 night sailings.  I think they will both resume at the same time once sailings resume.  Not every ship will resume at the same time though so I think it will be a mix of itinerary lengths to start.

One of the initial assumptions for resuming the 3/4 day itineraries first was the lack  of available ports.  We now see that there are several ports willing to take Royals ships. Sailings will also now resume with vaccinated passengers as opposed to the initial plan that was based on sailing with unvaccinated passengers. 

I don’t see June sailings of any length happening. 

Thank you!

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm in PA and yesterday priced a flight from phl to nassau and with american airlines it was $315, same price to fly to miami or ft. Lauderdale.  

A couple of years ago we were on a cruise out of PR.  One couple was on the ship for 10 weeks!  They told me it was cheaper to cruise out of PR and the price to fly to San Juan was cheaper than to fly to Ft. Lauderdale for them.  

• Like 1

I would have preferred 100% vaccinated only cruises. I'm sure they could fill the ship without kids, though I understand branding and appealing to their family market share. I suspect the price on this is going to be very high too. I'll keep waiting.

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Celebrity is allowing B2B’s

I am on a B2B Harmony end of November.  Expecting it to be all good...but if they kick us off at end of first week?  Refund me RCI....at least only 20 miles to drive home.  😉 

1 hour ago, Jasukkie said:

I would have preferred 100% vaccinated only cruises. I'm sure they could fill the ship without kids, though I understand branding and appealing to their family market share. I suspect the price on this is going to be very high too. I'll keep waiting.

Its all about you.if you are vaccinated you dont need to worry about children. Have we lost our common sense of what a vaccination is? Remain scared

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

A couple of years ago we were on a cruise out of PR.  One couple was on the ship for 10 weeks!  They told me it was cheaper to cruise out of PR and the price to fly to San Juan was cheaper than to fly to Ft. Lauderdale for them.  

I think when cruises will start again this is rather more of a privilege and given it will be a limited resource for the time being crusing will not be intended for people that are just interested to cruise because it's cheaper than living at home. Maybe at some point next year we will get to such a stage again but not before.

• Like 1

My biggest concern at this point is airfare and cost.  

Cheapest Flights from Dallas to Nassau are $489 per person, $576 for more desirable times.

That's $2000 - $2400 for airfare alone for my crew.   We're  JS suite people....   I'm assuming another $5500 on top of that.  And that's to cruise in the middle of the summer a time I have never sailed because it's too hot.... and I dunno.     It's a lot of money, for an older ship, in the heat of summer, with so much airfare and uncertainty about the sailing.

No to mention I already have given these folks about 17K in cruises I haven't taken yet that are banked from this year and last.

We're super ready to go, but price matters on this one.

If prices are  affordable, I already have a credit card out and sitting next to my computer for Wednesday. If not, we'll be doing another land based vacation this year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2021 at 11:25 AM, island lady said:

You totally missed my point.  I am very happy the cruise lines are finding a way to get around the strangle hold the CDC has on them with any ships leaving out of the U.S.  This will give the CDC and the cruise lines something to monitor and run as "test cruises"...but also being a much needed money maker (not just free test cruises) for the struggling cruise lines.  

My joke about "test subjects"...was just that.  A tongue in cheek reference.  If I didn't already have my summer plans booked up already.....I would have been one of them.  Having both of my May cruises cancelled was disappointing, but expected with CDC guidelines.  If allowed...I would have happily gone.  

You call that "classless"....OK.....whatever, ....so I made your day then, you are welcome.  😄 

It is so hard to understand irony for many people these days: the majority feels offended by absolutely everything. We live if the gray era: no taste, no smell (muzzles are included in every package), no feelings (or be aware of being accused of something), rules are dictated by bureaucrats. However, everything happened already millions times; everything passes; and this shall pass, too. 

Yes.

We plan to book Adventure out of Nassau.

It won't be the same, but what is?   At least, there will be big reason to smile.  You can still see a smile in a person's eyes.  

We are vaccinated and ready to go.  Will it cost more than we have previously paid?  Probably.  But, so does everything else.  Have you seen the cost of lumber?  Or gasoline?

I'm sure the ships will sail at full capacity, whatever that capacity ends up being.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, island lady said:

Jet Blue? Delta?

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Celebrity is starting at 40-60%

Hummm interesting ! So if Celebrity is starting at 40-60% capacity then most likely the A.O.S will be doing the same from Nassau, agree??

There are so many cruises world wide, with only one ship leaving.  This question can be asked for any of those ports. In the last 6 years, I have flown from Florida to an International port.  So my answer is yes, I would.....but honestly, the cruise from Bahamas is not overly exciting for me.....and I would much rather fly someplace else.  With that being said, my June cruise, is highly doubtful will happen.....see the latest olympic news....and therefore, I will do a land based vacation.  Yes, most likely I will be wearing a mask, and have social distance to practice, but I will still be on a vacation......