Will you Cruise from Nassau on Adventure?

Will you cruise from Nassau?  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise from Nassau

• Yes
    • No

I've got two June cruises booked that I'm expecting to cancel.  They are both paid in full.  I also have a bunch of other cruises with deposits.  Until my existing June cruises cancel I'm at my limit of going any further out on a limb.

This announcement pretty much confirms June Florida cruises are toast so it all depends how quickly Royal is willing to admit that and free up some of my funds to apply to Adventure.  

Plus I have to see pricing and more details to decide. 

Edited by twangster
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Heymarco said:

You can apply it to Adventure when it opens up without penalty. You just wouldn’t get a cash refund or 125% credit, but if you want a chance at a sailing that will actually go, then you should move it.

Depends on pricing.  If Adventure is subject to surge pricing when the masses swamp the booking engine I'd rather take the 125% FCC and pay down fall and winter cruises.  

It would be great to be on a ship again but I'm not going to pay crazy premiums to sail.  I'd rather pay down my other cruises and hope the CDC is forced to stop killing US jobs sooner rather than later.

• Like 10

No, because we are not doing Caribbean itineraries any more except for family trips, and the airfare will price us out (we can drive to all Florida ports) when taking the kids and grandkids along. Hopefully by the time we want to do one of those, they'll be back in Florida. Fingers still crossed for Pacific and Europe in 2022!!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Yes if airfare and cruise fare are reasonable. 

It's a yes for me.  Bye the way, Sandebeach, I love your picture & that's just how I felt when I read the email about the cruises earlier.  I was so giddy, I couldn't stand it!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Celebrity was $2000pp and included drinks, air, gratuities and internet for a balcony.  Take those off and you should be around $1000pp

If you don’t want/need the drinks or internet, you could subtract about $100 p.p.,if you could do it. Unless you live fairly close, you can add several hundred dollars p.p. for airfare. The pricing starts at $2,000 p.p.

No, not flying to Bahamas just to cruise. That's a hassle and large expense. I'll wait until I can drive to a cruise port in the USA. Happy for those who don't mind flying to cruise, the added expense, and who now have the opportunity. Hope everything goes well!   

8 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Would vaccines be required? Would masks be required? We don't know yet but I'm guessing that the answers to those might influence a lot of people's response. 

Yes for vaccines, no for masks. Kids need negative covid test. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/royal-caribbean-celebrity-resume-north-american-cruises-june/story?id=76561188

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

No for me.  I don't like cruising the Caribbean in Summer.  I'll wait until next Fall or Winter when, hopefully, there will be more options available and less restrictions.  Hopefully in 2022 we'll see worldwide cruising resume with some sense of normalcy.

Yes, a lot of people are saying it's a hassle to get to the Bahamas and then get to the cruise port, but to me that's part of the "adventure". I can fly nonstop from DCA and I'm sure it's easy enough to get a taxi or a transfer to downtown Nassau. I don't expect check-in to go as smooth as Port of Miami, but I don't let minor inconveniences bring me down. 

These cruises probably won't be as cheap as normal cruises, but if you can afford the flights and cruise fare and don't mind a few hiccups along the way, go for it. 

• Like 1