A Few Facts for Passengers On Celebrity's Return to Cruising

Host Anne

1 minute ago, 39august said:

Anne, will you please ask if back to back bookings will be allowed? I would assume so, but you know what assuming does!

Yep...it's already on my list!

3 hours ago, Host Anne said:

Hi Turtles ~ you are correct.  I haven't heard anything about the document needed proving vaccination.  I'll add that to my list of questions....

The card provided you when vaccinated will serve as proof of vaccination.  And yes I completely understand that card could be counterfitted.  The problem for counterfitting is a phone call of two if needed can verify the vaccination.  One would then be open to legal problems - both criminal and civil.

The above from TA that books mostly university staff all over the world.  Everyone in our state received a CDC COVID card.  Other countries requiring a vaccination are accepting that card as proof of vaccination.  I can add some countries are saying "fully vaccinated" is both doses (P or M) plus 14 days.  Others just both doses.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The card provided you when vaccinated will serve as proof of vaccination.  And yes I completely understand that card could be counterfitted.  The problem for counterfitting is a phone call of two if needed can verify the vaccination.  One would then be open to legal problems - both criminal and civil.

My proposed question question was what Celebrity will consider proof of vaccination, and until X tells us, no one knows. (My guess is that, for now for Americans, it will by default be the CDC card, as there is no official document.)  As for a phone call to verify the vaccination, a call to whom, the CDC? 😂  The same CDC that has repeatedly emailed me asking me to schedule my jabs, when I’ve been fully vaccinated and have the CDC card to prove it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Host Anne said:

One more comment......I'd like to keep this thread on the topic of Celebrity returning to sailing and what's been shared thus far.  Let's not get off topic and start discussing protocols in other places beyond St. Maarten and Celebrity Millennium.

THANKS!

Celebrity is offering two itineraries from St Maarten: Aruba, Curacao, Barbados; and Tortola, St Lucia, Barbados.  Protocols for these places should be included.  

Additionally, Celebrity news releases states, in part: Celebrity will offer a range of curated tours for all interests and price points at every port of call. Private Journeys and Small Group Discovery Tours will also be available for those guests preferring to explore the destinations with only members of their family or traveling companions.

The latter statement implies Celebrity approved and even managed touring ashore.  Celebrity needs to keep everyone informed concerning protocols for all its scheduled stops on Millie out of St Maarten.

Host Anne, excellent post and objectives.  Not to be greedy, but perhaps as you learn more, you can modify the first post. (Or create a new one).

Although probably impossible I support your desire to keep this thread focused on what Celebrity is providing and the appropriate questions about those items.  There are many other threads for those judgements, opinions, and discussions.  Let’s all do our best not to the respond to those items not directly related to Celebrity’s plans and questions about those plans.  

Host Anne, thank you.  This is very helpful. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mystictraveler said:

Host Anne,

Great thread and much appreciated! Would you mind seeing what you can learn about the air arrangements? Will it be scheduled flights only or will charters be involved? How will pricing work? And just any tidbits you can glean would be great.

Sure, I'd be happy to see if I can find out.

I will definitely update the list on page one if I get more info and I'll post the entire list again within this thread.

Jagoffe ~ it's not impossible to keep this thread on track.  That's part of my job as a moderator.  I asked at the beginning of this thread to avoid things that will be argumentative.  Also, I've asked to keep to the topic so I'll do my best to do this.  If everyone can respond "nicely" regardless of their thoughts, that would be great!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Are there going to be additional requirements imposed by the visited ports?   For example Aruba has entry restrictions including PCR testing as well as mandatory travel insurance.  Has Celebrity negotiated entry requirements for the day visit to the country?   Using this one port as an example.

https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements?gclid=Cj0KCQjw3duCBhCAARIsAJeFyPUm30XkzH74019F7Vrc_txI2FeWrsUpaSnloPeEX9Aoxrl1gOw9yqYaAirYEALw_wcB#edcard-process

• Like 1

Anne,

I just received this as a response to a question I had written to Celebrity One Touch regarding airfare to the St. Maarten start-up cruises. I guess air IS NOT included in the pricing...from $1999. However, some of the published literature was written including air, all taxes, etc.

"Guests can take advantage of special air and sea pricing offering exceptional savings on all Summer 2021 St. Maarten sailings. This offer is a promotion, air is not included with the cruise fare price. The offer applies to new bookings and flights must be booked through FlightsByCelebrity.com and prices include airfare and taxes. No promotional code is needed."

1 minute ago, Cruising is my passion said:

Anne,

I just received this as a response to a question I had written to Celebrity One Touch regarding airfare to the St. Maarten start-up cruises. I guess air IS NOT included in the pricing...from $1999. However, some of the published literature was written including air, all taxes, etc.

"Guests can take advantage of special air and sea pricing offering exceptional savings on all Summer 2021 St. Maarten sailings. This offer is a promotion, air is not included with the cruise fare price. The offer applies to new bookings and flights must be booked through FlightsByCelebrity.com and prices include airfare and taxes. No promotional code is needed."

$1999 airfare?  From Michigan to where, connections etc???

3 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

Anne,

I went back and re-read the original announcement from LPP regarding these sailings.   My first read certainly implied that it was $1999 for entry veranda including air.   However I guess it can be interpreted as there will be special air/sea airfare rates available for these sailings where veranda staterooms start at $1999 (with the asterisk saying taxes/Fees extra).

Typical poor writing skills by the marketing department.

This was an article in Travel News this past week.

Sales open for the new cruises on March 25. Special fares start at $1,999 per person for a veranda stateroom. The offer applies to new bookings, and includes flights booked through Flights By Celebrity. No promotional code is needed.

“Returning to the Caribbean after more than a year away is such a significant moment for us,” said Celebrity President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said. “It marks the measured beginning of the end of what has been a uniquely challenging time for everyone. We have been in constant contact with the leadership of St. Maarten these past months to support each other and share learnings and best practices. That we’re able to offer people the opportunity to safely vacation onboard the revolutionized Celebrity Millennium, is incredible, and that we will sail from the magical island of St. Maarten is very special. I am forever grateful for the support and collaboration of the St. Maarten government.”

Ludmila de Weever, St. Maarten’s minister of tourism, economic affairs, transportation and telecommunication, said “Celebrity Cruises homeporting here will help rejuvenate our economy and drive opportunities for our people. … I look forward to the successful re-launch of their Caribbean cruising.”

Two different itineraries include one to Aruba, Curaçao and Barbados, and the other to Tortola, St. Lucia and Barbados.

Celebrity will offer a range of tours at every port of call. Private Journeys and Small Group Discovery Tours will also be available for those who want to explore with only members of their family or traveling companions.

“Celebrity Cruises continues to be a leader, and I am so thrilled they have announced a safe return to sailing option for American cruisers,” said Vicky Garcia, COO of Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative. “Celebrity has found a creative solution with a beautiful Eastern Caribbean itinerary while still delivering a great onboard experience. I am vaccinated, and I'm ready to sail now. American cruisers are excited a major cruise line has provided an option in the Caribbean for those who are eager to cruise while following safely protocols. While some travelers may not be able to sail until they are vaccinated, they should make their reservations now with a travel advisor, since there will be limited onboard capacity and there is a lot of pent-up demand.”

Details on Celebrity’s health and safety measures can be found by clicking here. In addition, guests must meet St. Maarten’s travel requirements, which currently include presenting a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival to the island.

Celebrity now includes Wi-Fi, drinks and tips on every cruise. Celebrity’s “Cruise with Confidence” program provides flexible cancellations and best price guarantees. For more details on the St. Maarten cruises, click here.

FEATURED VIDEO

11 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

$1999 airfare?  From Michigan to where, connections etc???

from the announcement  " sailing starting at  $1999 * per person for a veranda stateroom.  The offer applies to new bookings and flights must be booked through Flights By Celebrity and prices included airfare taxes.  No promotional code is needed."

So a rather confusing statement as it sound like you must use flights by X.   

The * says  " For the pricing specified herein, taxes, fees and port excursions are additional and apply to each person"

"

Edited by jelayne

I hope you can see the airfare options & pricing  before actually booking. 

IME the fares you see by going to Flights By  Celebrity are often higher on line than you can get by calling but you need a booking #.

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I hope you can see the airfare options & pricing  before actually booking. 

IME the fares you see by going to Flights By  Celebrity are often higher on line than you can get by calling but you need a booking #.

During normal times, I have always been able to see the airfare prior to confirming.  

9 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Just wondering why St. Mararten doesn't consider the test that will be done prior to embarkation adequate. Seems kind of redundant to be tested three days prior to embarkation and also the day of embarkation. In fact, the test done by the cruise line prior to embarkation is actually more current.

Because everyone on the flight may not be boarding the cruise? Even if they were, if you were positive you could start an outbreak between the time you landed and get tested before boarding. I see a negative test or proof of vaccination being a requirement for international air travel for the at least the next 2 years. After that, it will all depend on how prevalent Covid-19 still is in the world. 

Even a test 72 hours prior is of questionable value. All that indicates is that you were not infectious at the point of test. You could have been exposed at some point in the following 3 days. Now the interesting fact will be what happens if you do test  positive at embarkation? Will X refund your cruise fare? What will St. Maarten require in terms of quarantine if you turn up positive at embarkation? 

Edited by drowelf
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

Kind of a silly question but does any know the kind of covid test they will perform at the pier upon embarkation? Is it the long swab into the nose or the kind that goes up about an inch?

Since no one seems to know whether or not airfare is even included in the promotion, I think you might find out the answer to this question when the first pax board in June.  Celebrity might not even know since it will likely be organized by folks in St. Maarten. 

Hi Host Ann,

Thank-you so much for posting this thread! 

It’s so exciting to finally being able to read about concrete, factual plans for a reopening of cruise operations instead of guesses about cruise cancellations, refunds etc.

So thank you very much!!!

P.s. Just in case, and not for this tread necessarily, but we have a European cruise planned for June 2022 ( 14 nights), I would really appreciate it, if ever through your contacts, you find more info regarding theses cruises, if you could post the details as well.

Thanks again.

Thank you Host Anne. That sounds exactly like the way TUI Cruises started out of Germany last July except for the shore excursions- those where not allowed back then.

Thanks to the vaccination process free excursions are no possible- and all the testing they are no capable of.

Everyone who get´s the chance to be on board should do so- a ship sailing only at 60% capacity is not to be missed. I loved it on both my " Blue Voyages".

I suppose all cruise , when coming back - how small the step may be- will start in a similar fashion like good old Milli!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1