Royal on CBS morning news

14 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

It's no where near as big of a red flag as the 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary' entertainment shows that are presented as news on Fox "News".

The is from Fox's own lawyers.
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

Take a lap.  NPR... Nonsensical Porduced Reports

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

The presntation. Cutting & Editing to show and tell a specific slanted agenda is the new acceptable standards in journalism that fools fall for and believe. 

You might want to tell that to Fox "News"

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

The presntation. Cutting & Editing to show and tell a specific slanted agenda is the new acceptable standards in journalism that fools fall for and believe. 

What facts in the presentation was a lie? Just because you don't like the facts doesn't mean they are a lie.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

It's no where near as big of a red flag as the 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary' entertainment shows that are presented as news on Fox "News".

The is from Fox's own lawyers.
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

OMG and you thank that article is journalistic in any way?  That site and organization is so left it could jerk you off your feet.  Every word they print is liberal and supporting that agenda.  I check out my news sources, both pro AND con before I decide what I like.  But...different strokes for different folks.  No one should be judged by what news agency they watch.  You can believe anything you want, I think Fox is fair and balanced.  And I love Tucker, no nonsense commentator.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Sky616 said:

Yea, how about their hit job on Desantis?  All bias and lies.  Pathetic journalism.

That has always been a BS program.  I stopped watching 40 years ago.

What is even worse, the whole news industry calls it the greatest news program.    

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

There was a time when even CBS would fire people for that kind of stuff. Ask Dan Rather

CBS's reporter attempted to claim Gov DeSantis was lying when he spoke of discussions with the Mayor of Palm Beach about whether to use regular pharmacies or Publix, and the reporter had the audacity to claim that the Mayor knew nothing of it. That prompted the Mayor to fire off a letter exonerating DeSantis and showing it was CBS that was lying.

According to the Mayor, CBS's reporting was "intentionally false." What a pathetic excuse for a network.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/06/democratic-florida-mayor-slams-60-minutes-segment-criticizing-desantis/

• Like 5

Interesting direction this thread has taken.

Sadly, a small demonstration in how polarized our country has become.  We now accuse, disparage and demean others based on their views (social, political, etc).

Conservatives don't have much of a platform.  Kicked off Twitter, censored by Facebook, Parlor eliminated, etc.  Doesn't leave many platforms to cling to.  

Meanwhile the Liberals enjoy a array of media platforms to feel good about themselves.  Take the "moral" high ground and denounce others.

Mainstream media and Big Tech have been steering the narrative for years.  Where was the outcry when Russia-Russia-Russia was found to be a hoax?  Nobody seems to care when certain stories were buried last fall.  And now some will praise the same networks who gush, giggle and promote a crackhead whore chaser and his new book.  

We've been out of cruising for a long time.  Much has changed.  It will be interesting to see how everyone behaves and treats each other once cruising returns.

Imagine...no chair hog complaints.  No judging others by the T-shirt they wear on formal night :-).

• Like 13

23 hours ago, lgonquin said:

Interesting direction this thread has taken.

Sadly, a small demonstration in how polarized our country has become.  We now accuse, disparage and demean others based on their views (social, political, etc).

Conservatives don't have much of a platform.  Kicked off Twitter, censored by Facebook, Parlor eliminated, etc.  Doesn't leave many platforms to cling to.  

Meanwhile the Liberals enjoy a array of media platforms to feel good about themselves.  Take the "moral" high ground and denounce others.

Mainstream media and Big Tech have been steering the narrative for years.  Where was the outcry when Russia-Russia-Russia was found to be a hoax?  Nobody seems to care when certain stories were buried last fall.  And now some will praise the same networks who gush, giggle and promote a crackhead whore chaser and his new book.  

We've been out of cruising for a long time.  Much has changed.  It will be interesting to see how everyone behaves and treats each other once cruising returns.

Imagine...no chair hog complaints.  No judging others by the T-shirt they wear on formal night :-).

Best and most truthful post I've seen on here in a while.

• Like 6

Where is the moderator?  i come to this site to talk about cruising- not to be assaulted by right wing propaganda.  I'm sure  you folks can talk to each other on 8chan or some other lovely site.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, barbels said:

Where is the moderator?  i come to this site to talk about cruising- not to be assaulted by right wing propaganda.  I'm sure  you folks can talk to each other on 8chan or some other lovely site.

Cruises that are not happening?  Are you not capable to scroll on past a thread?  If you don't want to read about a particular subject just don't click.

• Like 6

On 4/8/2021 at 11:33 AM, Goodtime Cruizin said:

CBS is the network of 60 Minutes. That alone should be a red flag. 

Yes the News Team at CBS has drifted to more bias vs the old days, especially 60 Minutes trying to hang on to audience as Millientals and Gen Z ers desert mass media for steaming..  However, that doesn't mean that all stories out of CBS News are bogus. The one on Morgan was just 1 man's opine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, barbels said:

And why can't you simply say that it's in everyones best interest to leave politics out of these threads?  It seems to me the mud slinging happens from both sides.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mek said:

And why can't you simply say that it's in everyones best interest to leave politics out of these threads?  It seems to me the mud slinging happens from both sides.

I think some people only want threads and posts that agree with their own point of view and want any other point of view taken down.  This thread does have to do with cruising or the lack thereof in US waters.  Unfortunately it became political when CBS/60 minutes tried to slant a piece about cruising a certain way.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I think some people only want threads and posts that agree with their own point of view and want any other point of view taken down.  This thread does have to do with cruising or the lack thereof in US waters.  Unfortunately it became political when CBS/60 minutes tried to slant a piece about cruising a certain way.

I enjoy reading even the craziest political posts, but I respect the mods if they don't want them.

I think the thread became political when someone switched the focus from Royal on the news to a 60 minutes episode. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mek said:

Agreed. I will never understand the need on this forum to share which political party you vote for! It is boring and people get so vindictive. 

This thread is doomed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/12/2021 at 10:23 AM, barbels said:

Is this about my original post?  Because, I really meant it as a cruising post, and I am most definitely not a “right wing propaganda” type of gal.

5 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Is this about my original post?  Because, I really meant it as a cruising post, and I am most definitely not a “right wing propaganda” type of gal.

It could not have been about your original post  which had no politics at all! The discussion bent away from cruising when certain hyper-sensitives got all upset because someone was citing to something on CBS, which broadcasts 60 minutes, which is obviously a mouthpiece for Satan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3