Royal Caribbean’s “Tracelet” being used for cruises

1 hour ago, mek said:

Hopefully they will be gone by the time I, (hopefully), cruise the end of November.

I dunno you know. They might keep them forever as well. After all what better way to track the movements of  passengers around the ship if that was in their interests to do so?

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I dunno you know. They might keep them forever as well. After all what better way to track the movements of  passengers around the ship if that was in their interests to do so?

Not sure why they would need to know where I was on the ship other than that I'm aboard.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mek said:

Hopefully they will be gone by the time I, (hopefully), cruise the end of November.

They are only on Quantum at this point as Singapore had trackers on all of their residents and made them a requirement on the ship.  There is no information supporting the OP statement that an email was sent to future cruisers.  Very few ships use the Wow bands and I would be very surprised to see these tracelets on the ships sailing in the near future, other than Quantum.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

Not sure why they would need to know where I was on the ship other than that I'm aboard.

Me neither but one thing I could think of would be so you cannot share drinks packages for instance? We have seen that before perhaps a younger person travelling with parents/family might use give one of the parents cards to the friend in the club to get drinks with. That happened on the Gem at Christmas 2017. Or people going back to the cabin to take drugs. That happened on the Gem. And one QM2 sometimes people have drink in their cabins which they refill and then drink in the bar. How cheeky is that?. Or ensuring that under 18s or whatever obey the curfew?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Or so security or reception desk could find if you if they needed to for some reason whatever that reason may be.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, joand452 said:

Wonder how many of you wear Apple watches, FitBit watches or carry a cell phone.  

Believe me -- everyone is being tracked!  Ever notice your Google page?

Then RC will find me locked in my cabin safe for the entire cruise. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, joand452 said:

Wonder how many of you wear Apple watches, FitBit watches or carry a cell phone.  

I don't have an issue with the tracking aspect of the tracelet.  I don't wear an Apple watch or a Fitbit.  I had a Fitbit but I am allergic to the bands.  I will not wear a tracelet as I will break out in hives.  I will carry one if necessary.

Edited by reallyitsmema

2 hours ago, caitlynambrai said:

I have a July cruise leaving from Port Canaveral and I didn't receive that email.

I have one in early September and did not receive it also.  Should this have gone out to clients who were in the process of final pay.  Suppose you objected.

10 minutes ago, Ashland said:

This has probably changed by now, but this was the reason listed in this draft back in March 2021:

"We may also require you to participate in contact tracing processes to help control the spread of COVID19. This may include a requirement that you wear a wearable device at all times during your cruise which will help us to identify where you have been onboard. We will also use our CCTV footage to supplement any information we collect through any wearables and other information held in our systems, to help us to understand where you have been onboard and with whom you have been in contact. More information can be found in our privacy policies. Participation in these health monitoring and contact tracing processes will be mandatory. Refusal to participate will be considered a breach of the Guest Health Safety and Conduct Policy, a breach of your contract with us and could lead to you being disembarked from the ship."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/english-covid-19-supplementary-terms-and-conditions.pdf

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

When I retired I took everything off my wrist. I'm not wearing such an obnoxious looking piece of crap.

Well it sounds like you won’t be sailing then. It’s a requirement under the contract to sail. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, joand452 said:

Not me - I think Apple and FitBit watches are stone ugly  and you couldn't pay me to wear either- it has nothing to do with being tracked.

• Like 3

I'd love to see this email. Not a FAQ on "What is a Tracelet?"

We heard about Tracelet's last year and have seen this explanation.   Along with everything from virtual muster drills, to Royal Face Masks.

But none of us actually sailing have received an email outlining this.

Whoever told you they got one, please ask them to see it. 

1 minute ago, RCCL Fan said:

I'd love to see this email. Not a FAQ on "What is a Tracelet?"

We heard about Tracelet's last year and have seen this explanation.   Along with everything from virtual muster drills, to Royal Face Masks.

But none of us actually sailing have received an email outlining this.

Whoever told you they got one, please ask them to see it. 

Agree. I'll wait until next March to see if there is a requirement for our Caribbean B2B cruise on the Explorer. 

• Like 1

I just looked this up 30 seconds ago.  228 MILLION people have died from COVID worldwide.  If they want me to wear a contact tracing device to keep myself and others safe, I have no problem with it.  I don't participate in the Big Brother-freedoms are being stolen, psueo-paranoia way of thinking.

I.JUST.WANT.TO.GET.ON.WITH.MY.LIFE, go on some cruises, and enjoy.  Plus, I want other to, also.

However, I hope they let me wear it on a lanyard, because things on my wrist have bothered me since I was in my 20's:  I can't wear wristwatches, either.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1