Royal Caribbean’s “Tracelet” being used for cruises

7 minutes ago, pcur said:

I just looked this up 30 seconds ago.  228 MILLION people have died from COVID worldwide.  If they want me to wear a contact tracing device to keep myself and others safe, I have no problem with it.  I don't participate in the Big Brother-freedoms are being stolen, psueo-paranoia way of thinking.

I.JUST.WANT.TO.GET.ON.WITH.MY.LIFE, go on some cruises, and enjoy.  Plus, I want other to, also.

However, I hope they let me wear it on a lanyard, because things on my wrist have bothered me since I was in my 20's:  I can't wear wristwatches, either.

I think your math is off.  228m is the estimated infected from C19 and a range of 6-8m deaths.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Welcome to post Covid cruising.  We have to wear it or stay home.  PERIOD

You have flexibility in other activities and not relegated to staying home.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Welcome to post Covid cruising.  We have to wear it or stay home.  PERIOD

If it is required, I will wear it, but I can still think it's nasty looking.

• Like 1

Such 1st world problems having to wear a tracker!! Oh no its such an infringment on my life......people need to get a grip. If you dont like the rules for cruising then dont go.

Your tracked by your phone and credit cards when you pay for something. Or what ever you look at online for c***st sake. 

• Like 7

In my opinion, if this tracelet assists with contact tracing and helps the cruise lines with their path toward restarting cruise operations, then I'll all for it.  I figure if they want to know where I am at all times they can just use the cameras and security without a need for a tracelet, so I am not giving up any freedoms by wearing a tracelet as they can track me anytime, anywhere, without a tracelet, if they so choose.   

My hope is that this is a temporary measure while we are in restart mode and eventually will not be needed or required going forward.  🤞 I agree it is a bit awkward looking -- especially on formal night -- LOL 🤣

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. I'll wait until next March to see if there is a requirement for our Caribbean B2B cruise on the Explorer. 

Hardly likely for a cruise in 2022, but certainly for the next 4-6 months or so.  They’ll do contact tracing somehow, with the “Traclet”,  or the WOW bands/cruise cards, or even using cameras on board. 

11 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

ya go for a walk

You're kidding right.  I did not know that you needed a tracelet to vacation in the US or to Mexico or other Caribbean islands. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, pcur said:

I just looked this up 30 seconds ago.  228 MILLION people have died from COVID worldwide.  

Please let me know where you found that info so I Don't waste any time there.

• Like 2

Above all true about the tracelets ,but as I ,who am fully vaxed for Covid respect those who choose not to take the "JAB" others should respect my anti-tagging feeling.Really do not care and if when time for our cruise comes and we are told to mask and bracelet we will cancel our cruise.We have always wanted to go back to Ireland so maybe instead of cruising?

• Like 2

I wear a magic band at Disney all the time. It opens our hotel door, admission into the parks, purchases inside parks and food. This is not a big deal. If it gets me on a cruise ship sooner, sign me up.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, pcur said:

I just looked this up 30 seconds ago.  228 MILLION people have died from COVID worldwide.  If they want me to wear a contact tracing device to keep myself and others safe, I have no problem with it.  I don't participate in the Big Brother-freedoms are being stolen, psueo-paranoia way of thinking.

I.JUST.WANT.TO.GET.ON.WITH.MY.LIFE, go on some cruises, and enjoy.  Plus, I want other to, also.

I want to get on with life too. 🙂 However, those stats are WAY off. The site I follow shows REPORTED cases at just over 179 million, and deaths (still way too many) at 3.555 million. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joand452 said:

Wonder how many of you wear Apple watches, FitBit watches or carry a cell phone.  

Believe me -- everyone is being tracked!  Ever notice your Google page?

This ^^

Add:  how many of you have cruised Princess?  

Their Medallion technology is a tracker with some additional billing, cabin door access, etc. features, and is very well received by passengers. What in the world are you doing that you are so paranoid about being "tracked". 

Yes, there also are a few conspiracy theorists over on the Princess board,  but they are quickly voted down. 

I know we are all bored with no, or limited cruises to plan, but there has to be something better to complain about. 

Edited by EatonDoolittle
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Or so security or reception desk could find if you if they needed to for some reason whatever that reason may be.

Perhaps the PA system might work for that...I've heard it many times onboard especially on that last day of disembarking :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Marygracie C. said:

Above all true about the tracelets ,but as I ,who am fully vaxed for Covid respect those who choose not to take the "JAB" others should respect my anti-tagging feeling.Really do not care and if when time for our cruise comes and we are told to mask and bracelet we will cancel our cruise.We have always wanted to go back to Ireland so maybe instead of cruising?

Make sure you won't need to wear a mask on your flight.

2 hours ago, Marygracie C. said:

I ,for one ,would not like to wear a tracelet or any other Orwellian device ever;Ever!!!

Agreed.  People who think this is a great idea will feel differently if they are imprisoned in their room because they may have been somewhere near someone who had a positive covid test.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bouhunter said:

Agreed.  People who think this is a great idea will feel differently if they are imprisoned in their room because they may have been somewhere near someone who had a positive covid test.  

I just don't care to "wear" it...If I can put it in my pocket or my very small crossbody bag that I keep my iPhone in...no problem.

It shouldn't be an issue for those of us that already received our Bill Gates microchip when we had the vaccine.

Seriously though. The point isn't even turning your phone off while on the cruise.  You are still giving away all of your information when you do use it so what good does turning it off on the ship do?  We entered the Orwellian dystopia so long ago that the mounds of information already available on individuals is immense.  Credit cards, Computers, phones, smart devices, your tv .......on and on and on.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

This ^^

Add:  how many of you have cruised Princess?  

Their Medallion technology is a tracker with some additional billing, cabin door access, etc. features, and is very well received by passengers. What in the world are you doing that you are so paranoid about being "tracked". 

Yes, there also are a few conspiracy theorists over on the Princess board,  but they are quickly voted down. 

I know we are all bored with no, or limited cruises to plan, but there has to be something better to complain about. 

Unless something has changed, the Princess Medallion is optional and it is possible to still use a keycard.

2 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Such 1st world problems having to wear a tracker!! Oh no its such an infringment on my life......people need to get a grip. If you dont like the rules for cruising then dont go.

Your tracked by your phone and credit cards when you pay for something. Or what ever you look at online for c***st sake. 

But they don't track you round the ship by your phone watching your every move.