EDGE JULY 10, 2021 (semi) LIVE

graphicguy

49 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks, I saw the pic of the horn war, but wasn't 100% if that was sail away.  One on hand I'm surprised that it doesn't appear very busy on the other hand I've never departed this late and realize perhaps up to nearly half the ship have 6pm dinner reservations if we include the specialty restaurants..

Yeah….the horn war and sail away happened within 10-15 minutes of each other.  On my cruise, there were quite a few people on the Magic Carpet, but it was bigger than I expected. There were plenty of couch and seat space, plus seats at the bar, plus plenty of standing room without tripping all over each other.  To me, the perfect sail away spot.

This may have been asked already,but I have a question about Eden and the lounge area nearby. 

On Edge cruises ,pre Covid, there were dancers/entertainers in unique costumes that would interact with the passengers in the Eden area. This got mixed reactions from passengers on those Edge cruises. 

Were these dancers/entertainers on your cruise? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

This may have been asked already,but I have a question about Eden and the lounge area nearby. 

On Edge cruises ,pre Covid, there were dancers/entertainers in unique costumes that would interact with the passengers in the Eden area. This got mixed reactions from passengers on those Edge cruises. 

Were these dancers/entertainers on your cruise? 

There are no more "Edenists" for the time being (I think that's what they called them).  The bartender in Eden said he heard they are looking at revamping that part of the Eden concept and that the entertainers might be back in a few months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I think the OP said the Eden “performers” weren’t there and instead there was live music.  At this point I’m not sure if anyone knows if that’s a permanent change.

Correct.  There was a jazz quartet…..Who were excellent!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2021 at 9:16 AM, graphicguy said:

Also, correct!  Thanks!  All in all, looking back, this was probably one of the least expensive cruises I’ve ever taken, if I count the premium drinks included, the streaming WiFi included, the Tips included, the OBC, TA’s rebate, etc.

Plus another bonus of having the ship (almost) to yourself. 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

Key question is...... With your GF ?  😳

Still trying to work that out.  That’s the downside of only one of us being retired.  If the “surge” hadn’t started, I think it would be a lot easier for her.  As it stands, her work hours are going back up, again!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Add to the new list of travel must haves the card showing a hip replacement and if our passports don't show up our birth certificates. Travel used to be simple.

Did someone tell you that a card for y our hip replacement was needed?  I had one nine years ago and, at first, I took it out to show, no one ever looked at it.  Even when I requested it from my doctor he said no one will ever ask you for it.

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Did someone tell you that a card for y our hip replacement was needed?  I had one nine years ago and, at first, I took it out to show, no one ever looked at it.  Even when I requested it from my doctor he said no one will ever ask you for it.

Sincerely curious, who would ask for your hip replacement card, and why would they ask for it?  

1 hour ago, mafig said:

No, we were never told the card was needed and I doubt anyone would ask for it.  Just one of many documents in our possession for travel.

28 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Sincerely curious, who would ask for your hip replacement card, and why would they ask for it?  

I have had a shoulder replacement. Sometimes don't trigger the machine but sometimes do and then get a manual pat down. 

On 7/23/2021 at 10:24 AM, graphicguy said:

Well…someone stop me, please.

I’m looking at Summit sailings next month, already!!!!!!!!

😉

Well......it looks like you've become a "Celebrity Convert".  No more NCL for you!!!  I could tell by your postings that you really enjoyed your Edge sailing.  I've sailed Celebrity almost exclusively since the early 90's and they are "simply the best".  The Summit is my all-time favorite of all the Celebrity ships currently sailing.  I'll be on Edge in September and Summit in November.  Word of caution:  There is no comparing Edge to Summit......two different styles of ship (i.e., Edge is brand-spanking new....Summit is old!).  But Summit is a great ship and the crew onboard really make you feel like you're "home".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jcpc said:

Well......it looks like you've become a "Celebrity Convert".  No more NCL for you!!!  I could tell by your postings that you really enjoyed your Edge sailing.  I've sailed Celebrity almost exclusively since the early 90's and they are "simply the best".  The Summit is my all-time favorite of all the Celebrity ships currently sailing.  I'll be on Edge in September and Summit in November.  Word of caution:  There is no comparing Edge to Summit......two different styles of ship (i.e., Edge is brand-spanking new....Summit is old!).  But Summit is a great ship and the crew onboard really make you feel like you're "home".

Thanks.  I do believe I am a convert.  And, the way NCL has treated me, I agree that I can't see sailing them again.

The GF (bless her soul) tells me to do what I want given I'm newly retired and not to make plans based on her availability.  I think she may like me gone for a little bit to give her a break...LOL!

Actually, I'd feel guilty if I did another solo.  But, I'm still debating it in my own mind.

The prices for solos on Celebrity are so ganged good right now.

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks.  I do believe I am a convert.  And, the way NCL has treated me, I agree that I can't see sailing them again.

FWIW - Celebrity doesn't do much better than NCL with their refunds for cancelled cruises.  I'm waiting over 60 days for my refund for a cancelled July 4th sailing from New Jersey!  Celebrity's onboard product is great -- not so great when it comes to their shoreside product!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Correct.  There was a jazz quartet…..Who were excellent!

There were many different acts there including solo guitar players , duos and other small groups, they seemed to switch from Eden location to martini bar area , I thought they all were good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

The GF (bless her soul) tells me to do what I want given I'm newly retired and not to make plans based on her availability.  I think she may like me gone for a little bit to give her a break...LOL!

Actually, I'd feel guilty if I did another solo.  But, I'm still debating it in my own mind.

get another gf to go with. :classic_ohmy: :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I loved ncl in 1980’s and 1990’s but will never sail them again . 

• Like 1