The vaccination olympics

The announcement has been made.Ā  Yesterday's numbers were 20.Ā  Auckland stays at Alert Level 4 and the rest of NZ moves to Alert level 2 from midnight Tuesday.Ā  It's a stronger Alert level 2 than last time.Ā  Masks at all indoor venues.Ā  Gatherings of no more than 50 indoors, 100 outdoors.Ā  A few other rules to get my head around.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Thought you might enjoy this cartoon from one of the newspapers.Ā Ā 

IMG_1541.thumb.jpg.35fa718b5c52b6eb11fab3df35856cd4.jpg

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The DeltaĀ strain is much worse than the previous strains in terms of spreading, that said if people don't mix, they cannot spread the virus. It needs bodies to live and if people don't mix it will die. Lockdowns work but only if done properly and absolutely. Even now there is too many people out and about and too many doing essentialĀ  work when in reality only medical reasonsĀ should be.

Even Melbourne is struggling with Delta and up to now they have been very good at squashing outbreaks. But they have theirĀ share of self-entitled Covidiots too.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Even Melbourne is struggling with Delta and up to now they have been very good at squashing outbreaks. But they have theirĀ share of self-entitled Covidiots too.

China has been one of the only countriesĀ  to completely stop people from going out and about.

42 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We sure do our share of Covididiots Julie. As I have said if I need to shop, I go early. I was out at 8am this morning to buy bread. The amount of traffic was ridiculous, and they all weren't going to the shopping centre!Ā During last year's long lockdown, when I went to the shops at a similar time, there was hardly anyone on the roads. I can't believe that all the drivers were off to work at essential workplaces. People out and about are not wearing masks - I don't mind is there is no-one around if they don't wear one butĀ have one with them and put it on when they come come across others. I must say most people are wearing them at the shops, although last week came across a young man who wasn't wearing one, I took a wide birth around him and he smirked at me.Ā 

Leigh

Sheesh .... here I go again.Ā  Yep, I'm double vaxxed against Covid (as is DH) but guess where we're going tomorra?Ā  Yep back to our Clinic for another jab!Ā  This time for Shingles.Ā  S-I-L popped in during a Facetime father's day chat with the grandies to suggest we get a Shingles jab ... he is suffering from Shingles and ... being a bloke ... is in agony!Ā  Understandable, so jab for us tomorra.Ā 

Ā 

Maybe someone could turn this jab after jab after jab ... etc., into a comedy routine?Ā  Maybe a whole Broadway musical?Ā  Who knows.Ā 

Ā 

Sorry, the drama queen in me just escaped.Ā  I'll shut up now.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

Sheesh .... here I go again.Ā  Yep, I'm double vaxxed against Covid (as is DH) but guess where we're going tomorra?Ā  Yep back to our Clinic for another jab!Ā  This time for Shingles.Ā  S-I-L popped in during a Facetime father's day chat with the grandies to suggest we get a Shingles jab ... he is suffering from Shingles and ... being a bloke ... is in agony!Ā  Understandable, so jab for us tomorra.Ā 

Ā 

Maybe someone could turn this jab after jab after jab ... etc., into a comedy routine?Ā  Maybe a whole Broadway musical?Ā  Who knows.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Best too give in to the Drama Queen and Princess insideĀ occasionally.šŸ˜

Ā 

I hope it isn't too bad thoughĀ they're not great. However knowing someone who suffered from shingles around the eyes I have decided to get it done. They suffered for many months. We are also hoping to do around South America in 2023 so we need to get Yellow Fever.Ā DH and I are both mid 60s next yearĀ hopefully we won't have an issue.

20 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Not sure of the dates for those stats, but as of 4 September,Ā  AustraliaĀ  is at 37% fully vaxed.

The 37% (now 38%) figure is for eligible population 16+ in Aus.Ā  The figure above is for total population.Ā  I can't compare NZ and Aus eligible population because in NZ it is 12+.Ā  Ā They don't line up.Ā  Politicians like the eligible population figure because it sounds better.

• Like 1

Honestly... the people on the hillĀ  use whatever number... makes them look good

Ā 

Never let facts get in the way.....

Ā 

I wonder if andĀ when the fully vaccinatedĀ  Ā will get aĀ  Ā Get outĀ of Jail Card......

or will it end upĀ  tit for tat between all the states and place on the hill......

Ā 

Well thats about it.... time for second coffeeĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā Don

Edited by getting older slowly

11 hours ago, LC1950 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Yes, better to get that jab than suffer from shingles. My mother had it and it was very painful.

Ā 

I have to wait another year before I can get that jab.šŸ™

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, better to get that jab than suffer from shingles. My mother had it and it was very painful.

Ā 

I have to wait another year before I can get that jab.šŸ™

Shingles nearly killed me when I was about 30, all around my waist and below. Off work for 6 weeks.Ā  Most painful thing ever IMO.Ā  So when the shingles vacc came out, I had it.Ā  I had one this year, think it lasts 10 years, not sure.

21 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Oh no! Someone being naughty? Or an essential worker?

Ā 

Stay safe!

The word is..a crim released from Parkleigh Gaol, Sydney, where there are loads of covid cases amongĀ inmates and staff.Ā  Ā The released person came down here to his former home address, was supposed to go into isolation but decided to get around town.Ā  No exposure sites published yet by NSW Health,Ā  The person has been arrested. Was he tested before he left gaol, who knows?Ā 

13 hours ago, LC1950 said:

Ā 

Ā 

My husband saw his doctor yesterday and it was suggested he also get the shingles jab. He was given a form to complete and he just has to organise an appointment now.

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

My husband saw his doctor yesterday and it was suggested he also get the shingles jab. He was given a form to complete and he just has to organise an appointment now.

Ask about the two Pneumonia shots available to us oldies, given about 3 years apart. We've had the lot except SWMBO has about 6 months to her second P shot.

5 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Ask about the two Pneumonia shots available to us oldies, given about 3 years apart. We've had the lot except SWMBO has about 6 months to her second P shot.

Do you mean Pneumoccal? We'veĀ had ourĀ first of the Pneumoccal shots. My secondĀ is due next year.

Well today is Rosh Hashana, celebration of Jewish New Year and when I passed the Hamerkaz Centre this morning there were hundreds of people coming and goingĀ insideĀ to celebrate.Ā  Each person coming out with brown paper bags containing goodies.Ā  At least they were not blowing the shofar in the street this year unlike during last year's lock down when the gates to the centre were locked.

These people belong to the same group who had that infamous engagement party recently.Ā  One rule for them and one for us.

Very disappointed with them.

Ā 

Ā 

21 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

China has been one of the only countriesĀ  to completely stop people from going out and about.

Vietnam isn't far behind.

Ā 

"Vietnam jailed a man for five years for breaking strict COVID-19 quarantine rules and spreading the virus to others, state media reported." SMH

52 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Vietnam isn't far behind.

Ā 

"Vietnam jailed a man for five years for breaking strict COVID-19 quarantine rules and spreading the virus to others, state media reported." SMH

Yes they are pretty tough in Vietnam, and yet the virus has become a big problem again after earlier looking good. Seems they vaccinated a lot of the HCMC city area, but surrounding regions & in the countryside missed out.

Severe lockdowns are in place, and the staff at our JV plant in a neighbouring provinceĀ Ā are living-in at the plant 24/7, fearing if they go home they will not be able to return to work. Our plant was not set up as a dormitory style plant as there are in China for example, so it's tough on them.

Some want to return to the safety of the countryside, but the fear is that they may take the virus into totally unprotected areas, without the health facilities found in the city.

Our staff were all recently vaccinated on-site(first jab) - not sure which vaccine they got - not sure they get a choice.

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Well today is Rosh Hashana, celebration of Jewish New Year and when I passed the Hamerkaz Centre this morning there were hundreds of people coming and goingĀ insideĀ to celebrate.Ā  Each person coming out with brown paper bags containing goodies.Ā  At least they were not blowing the shofar in the street this year unlike during last year's lock down when the gates to the centre were locked.

These people belong to the same group who had that infamous engagement party recently.Ā  One rule for them and one for us.

Very disappointed with them.

Ā 

Ā 

There was vision of people attending a synogogue in Glen Eira Road on the news just before, There was a police raid evidently.

Edited by possum52

On 9/6/2021 at 5:36 PM, MicCanberra said:

Ā 

Ā f you believe Kim Jong Un North Korea is doing an amazing job šŸ˜‚. Even knocked back a donation offer of 4 million vaccines. Rumours has it last person to leave their house unauthorised was shotšŸ˜±. I suppose killing the hosts is one way to stop the virusšŸ˜œ.Ā 

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Ā 

Ā f you believe Kim Jong Un North Korea is doing an amazing job šŸ˜‚. Even knocked back a donation offer of 4 million vaccines. Rumours has it last person to leave their house unauthorised was shotšŸ˜±. I suppose killing the hosts is one way to stop the virusšŸ˜œ.Ā 

No good shooting a few in Aus, some are too dumb to get the message.