The vaccination olympics

I've been informed by my BF that her SIL, father of her two infant grandchildren, has decided to get the vax. Up until now he's been a bit of a denier, you know the type "its just like flu", and guessed he might catch COVID and "just get over it", so he wasn't going to bother getting vaxxed. What changed his mind?  He heard from the Premier that he will be denied entry to his favourite pub if he doesn't!😱

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I've been informed by my BF that her SIL, father of her two infant grandchildren, has decided to get the vax. Up until now he's been a bit of a denier, you know the type "its just like flu", and guessed he might catch COVID and "just get over it", so he wasn't going to bother getting vaxxed. What changed his mind?  He heard from the Premier that he will be denied entry to his favourite pub if he doesn't!😱

That is enough for some

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

No jab no pub should be the new slogan. 

• Like 3

On 9/9/2021 at 2:19 PM, NSWP said:

Yes Qld does, and Batemans Bay and Merimbula. So we are still locked down for another few weeks.

Queensland case has not been in the community. CHO locks down all possible close contacts ASAP to try to keep Qld safe. 1000 in home quarantine from memory.  SA only had border to Qld open from 1-10/9.  My daughter dodged the positive Miner from Sydney at Adelaide airport by 55 mins.  She also flew home Sunday after SA closed border to people from Brisbane.

On 9/11/2021 at 1:31 PM, onlyslightlymad said:

Well, it was all looking very positive here in NZ.  11 cases yesterday.  Then today 23.  This could just be a blip but there are still 9 mystery cases.  That is concerning.

But on the positive side your vaccination rates are up and that will help control the spread.

• Like 1

Just a thought.... once we reach the magic 80%..... and they open the gates.....

What will happen ?????

What if the hospitals are over run.....    will the states close border yet again......

Will we have the lockdown... which we are not going to have....

Sorry... but I keep saying... things will start to get better in a couple of months....

So far...... things are starting to look worse.......

Time for a second G&T.... and wish we lived in a small town on the coast....

instead of in 60sq m of apartment in Melbourne....

I dream one day thing we get better..... but are still waiting.......

getting ready for dinner   

Prawns from Mooloolaba, ( wonder weather they have quarantined ...LOL ) 

salad and chips and Riesling by the bottle//

Cheers and stay safe    ( lock the doors )     Don

• Like 3

Auckland moves to Alert level 3 at midnight tonight.  There are still 20 cases in the community.  A roll of the dice for the government, assuming compliance in the populace and vaccinating for all they are worth.  Unfortunately, there are cases in what is known as the Mongrel Mob cluster (not traditionally the most compliant group of individuals).  We are now at 33% fully vaccinated.  

1 hour ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Auckland moves to Alert level 3 at midnight tonight.  There are still 20 cases in the community.  A roll of the dice for the government, assuming compliance in the populace and vaccinating for all they are worth.  Unfortunately, there are cases in what is known as the Mongrel Mob cluster (not traditionally the most compliant group of individuals).  We are now at 33% fully vaccinated.  

Hope it doesn't get out of control.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

The Mongrel Mob case

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2021/09/gang-associates-attempting-to-get-into-auckland-with-100k-and-boot-full-of-kfc-arrested.html

Have you been watching live coverage of the morons marching through Melbourne? Out of control yesterday.  VicPol badly need a few of these...as does NSWPOL. Looking at renta crowd, a few need a bit of a wash.

R.jpg.87c4b6e3180c2eaad8adde43db0e7701.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Have you been watching live coverage of the morons marching through Melbourne? Out of control yesterday.  VicPol badly need a few of these...as does NSWPOL. Looking at renta crowd, a few need a bit of a wash.

R.jpg.87c4b6e3180c2eaad8adde43db0e7701.jpg

Hey Les, not much that a blast from a water cannon won't fix & as you say they get a long required wash as well 🙂

Since the disgraceful scenes at the recent Sydney 'protest', I suggest NSW Police have got it better together. On Sat, they cordoned off the city so no-one could get there & then responded to an alert for a break-off rally in Bass Hill. The police & apparently the media outnumbered the mob. There was one arrest, apparently a woman who decided to try and break-in to a car in the carpark with hundreds of police there! Not sure if she had had the jab 🙂 

46 minutes ago, mr walker said:

There was one arrest, apparently a woman who decided to try and break-in to a car in the carpark with hundreds of police there!Not sure if she had had the jab 🙂 

Obviously not otherwise her magnetic abilities would have got her to unlock that car before the police got there😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2