The vaccination olympics

52 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Hey Les, not much that a blast from a water cannon won't fix & as you say they get a long required wash as well 🙂

Since the disgraceful scenes at the recent Sydney 'protest', I suggest NSW Police have got it better together. On Sat, they cordoned off the city so no-one could get there & then responded to an alert for a break-off rally in Bass Hill. The police & apparently the media outnumbered the mob. There was one arrest, apparently a woman who decided to try and break-in to a car in the carpark with hundreds of police there! Not sure if she had had the jab 🙂 

If there is any Agent Orange left over from Vietnam that would get rid of the mob who have taken over Melbourne today, check out the live footage on Nine. Police have been ineffective allowing civil disobedience to shut down the city.

15 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

9 cases in Auckland today.  Finally down to single digits.  I am doubtful that we will ever reach zero cases again.

The critical number is not the number of cases but how many of those were from unknown sources and/or had been in the community while infectious. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

9 cases in Auckland today.  Finally down to single digits.  I am doubtful that we will ever reach zero cases again.

Good work, some donuts, not baked many lately with the big numbers around.

th.jpg.9afdd3902e92fd5cb7bf792996c28ea3.jpg

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Good work, some donuts, not baked many lately with the big numbers around.

th.jpg.9afdd3902e92fd5cb7bf792996c28ea3.jpg

I'm going to have to stop reading this thread due to those pictures.

Ever since I had my gall bladder out (8 weeks now) I've had a craving for Crispy Creme.😵

• Like 1

Looking at UK's infections is a scary exercise. With their vaccination rate (71% double dose) they are still getting 30,000 infections a day (7 day averaged ATM). based on our population size compared to UK, my rough calculation would equate to 13,000 p/d here.

I hope TPTB are taking notice and erring on the side of caution when it comes to reopening.

6 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Looking at UK's infections is a scary exercise. With their vaccination rate (71% double dose) they are still getting 30,000 infections a day (7 day averaged ATM). based on our population size compared to UK, my rough calculation would equate to 13,000 p/d here.

I hope TPTB are taking notice and erring on the side of caution when it comes to reopening.

Yes it is out of control over there, Brits do not care, pubbing, clubbing, dining, I have relos there, they think it is all over over. I watch BBC every morning, 36, 000 new cases yesterday with 180 deaths.  Could end up like that here after Freedom day unless we keep some restrictions in.

Five million Brits have declined the vaccination, that is a lot of people even with population of 75 million.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

Could we save the donuts  until we get to 1000 cases a day ???

It seams the numbers are going the wrong way....

and one thinks the goal posts are moving...

and when we get to where ever we are going...... when we get there....

what about a road map..... to get to upper cumbaka west...

49 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Could we save the donuts  until we get to 1000 cases a day ???

It seams the numbers are going the wrong way....

and one thinks the goal posts are moving...

and when we get to where ever we are going...... when we get there....

what about a road map..... to get to upper cumbaka west...

No doughnuts @ 1000 cases Don...perhaps some of these instead...bit of whitebait, healthy.

2009466768_th(1).jpg.75c0ebb4d6d586008d4ecdfe24bc1404.jpg

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Yes it is out of control over there, Brits do not care, pubbing, clubbing, dining, I have relos there, they think it is all over over. I watch BBC every morning, 36, 000 new cases yesterday with 180 deaths.  Could end up like that here after Freedom day unless we keep some restrictions in.

Five million Brits have declined the vaccination, that is a lot of people even with population of 75 million.

68 million  in the UK, 56 million for England, so 5 million is worse.

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Being vaxed does not prevent you from getting covid, you can still get it and spread it, however, you may not get sick from it. If you do still get sick, you are better protected  and less likely to need hospitalisation let alone ICU and ventilation.

Everyone will get covid eventually which is why being vaxed is so important especially  as the kids will be unvaxed.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Being vaxed does not prevent you from getting covid, you can still get it and spread it, however, you may not get sick from it. If you do still get sick, you are better protected  and less likely to need hospitalisation let alone ICU and ventilation.

Everyone will get covid eventually which is why being vaxed is so important especially  as the kids will be unvaxed.

Are you guys vaccinating 12+ yet?

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I also think that having such a large population squeezed into such a small geographical area doesn't help, especially in the larger cities. All those people living in high rises having to share elevators and communal areas there must be a lot of cross infection. 

A friend of mine living in the USA lived in an upmarket apartment block but after dealing with Covid and worrying about sharing elevator space etc they have now moved to a house. A lot of people in the UK and US big cities don't have that option.

1 hour ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Are you guys vaccinating 12+ yet?

Yes, as Mic said, some states have started vaccinating 12 -15. The Federal Govt announced a few weeks ago that this age group could be vaccinated with Pfizer from the 13th Spetember. I think the supply issue has been resolved with Moderna coming online and also the Fed govt confirming that the supply of Pfizer will be constant and stable for the remainder of the year.

My nearly 14 year old grandson had his first Pfizer this week. All his decision. Very proud of him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

From what I have read and heard the whole concept of Freedom day is considered a little deluded by many health experts. The reality is some practices should be kept, some places and circumstances we probably should be always wearing masks, some places should have their maximum capacities reduced. On top of that we need to rethink ventilation and how buildings are built in terms of crowd movement. Freedom day is kind of like pretending covid didn't happen and trying to go back to the past when really we should be thinking how do we live in a world where covid exists. 

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

From what I have read and heard the whole concept of Freedom day is considered a little deluded by many health experts. The reality is some practices should be kept, some places and circumstances we probably should be always wearing masks, some places should have their maximum capacities reduced. On top of that we need to rethink ventilation and how buildings are built in terms of crowd movement. Freedom day is kind of like pretending covid didn't happen and trying to go back to the past when really we should be thinking how do we live in a world where covid exists. 

Exactly! We're stuck with Covid whether we like it or not so there is no point in sticking our heads in the sand and pretending it doesn't exist.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I realise this but have not seen any statistics of how many of the infections are vaxxed.

Still a worry but invitable I 'spose.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

I realise this but have not seen any statistics of how many of the infections are vaxxed.

Still a worry but invitable I 'spose.

In Victoria, those infected cases in hospital are by far unvaccinated. A few have had one vaccination and a very small number have had both and tend not to be in ICU and are most likely more elderly. The majority of cases are under 50, the most cases are in the 20-29 years age group, then the 30-39 years, 10-19 years, then the youngest age group 0-9. The older population has the least number of cases for a couple of reasons - high % fully vaccinated and not moving around for work. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Oh yeah.  One of my most disliked phrases is "get back to normal".  We can move forward, we can look to open up, but we can never go back.  I have ranted about this before I think...

• Like 3