Lost vax card, but she has health record showing vaccine history. Are we safe?

LoriAB

1 minute ago, LoriAB said:

My friend lost her vaccine card, but her online health record shows the vaccine history with type and dates. Will this pass?

Why not contact the place she received her shots and see if they'll issue her another one. 

• Like 2

Just now, LoriAB said:

We tried that. They won’t reissue. They said that the health record would have to suffice. She traded her car, and it was in the car 😩

Can you try the local health department? My parents got vaccinated in January before the CDC cards were wide spread. They were able to go to the health department with the records they did have in April to get the CDC card.

She didnt take a picture of it?  I have a laminated copy, original and a copy. You better call the cruise line and hope they give you accurate information. Why would she leave it in a car? Sorry, had to ask..  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LoriAB said:

We tried that. They won’t reissue. They said that the health record would have to suffice. She traded her car, and it was in the car 😩

Bummer. They can't say that as it Celebritys call what is sufficient. I'd contact Celebrity and ask them and hopefully you can get an honest answer. When is the cruise?

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LoriAB said:

Doesn't make since. I can't think of any local, state or federal government issued document or ID if lost can't be reissued/replaced. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The answer is on Celebrity’s web site under “Healthy at Sea”:

If I lost my original vaccination card, but am able to show electronic proof of vaccination on a government sponsored site/app, will that be accepted as proof of vaccination?

Yes, if a guest can furnish proof from the government site or app, we will accept as proof of vaccination.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

She works for a hospital. She received it at work, and she contacted them some time ago. They said that they couldn’t reissue, and they sent her a copy of her health mychart record. Looks like she is going to have to contact her state health department to get documentation. Our cruise isn’t until 3/22, so we have time. Thanks everyone,

• Like 1

I was reading all of the FAQ's on the Health at Sea link in my letter.   I was curious if our State of California Digital Covid Verification could be used if we lost our Vaccination Certificate. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs 

If I lost my original vaccination card, but am able to show electronic proof of vaccination on a government sponsored site/app, will that be accepted as proof of vaccination?

Yes, if a guest can furnish proof from the government site or app, we will accept as proof of vaccination.

Are photos or photocopies of the original vaccination card accepted as proof of vaccination?

No, at this time, we are not accepting photos or photocopies of the original vaccination card.

If she’s a healthcare provider has she talked to HR or employee health? My card is from Jan 2020 and it isn’t an “official CDC card” like the one my husband has. I got a little panicky about it, especially as I’m a contract provider, not a direct employee. But when I called the hospital employee health, they said just come by and we will reissue you a card - they use the CDC cards now. Maybe she hasn’t talked to the right people at her issuing institution?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would say it is up to Celebrity at the port  and wouldn’t trust what any rep tells you.   I got too any false answers from the reps.   This isn’t unique to Celebrity.   I worked in construction and what goes on in the field is totally different than  what the office promises or agreed to 

I don’t think showing a photo or any proof on a smart phone/ tablet  would be accepted as they are to easy to alter or falsify 

Good luck 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 hour ago, LoriAB said:

She works for a hospital. She received it at work, and she contacted them some time ago. They said that they couldn’t reissue, and they sent her a copy of her health mychart record. Looks like she is going to have to contact her state health department to get documentation. Our cruise isn’t until 3/22, so we have time. Thanks everyone,

That’s absolutely unbelievable that a hospital would be saying this!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Celebrity UK won’t accept the vaccine cards, multiple ones are being sold on eBay.

They ask for digital proof ( in England) via the NHS app.

If you don’t own a mobile phone, you can ring 119 to ask for proof in certificate form.

A doctors letter is also acceptable.

This is all detailed on the Celebrity web site.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LoriAB said:

She found a contact in her state. Going to email tomorrow. It shows in her mychart medical records online, but that probably won’t be enough

If going with mychart records or a doctor's note is enough, they may as well just make this the honor system. I got my vaccine site sponsored by the local health department. Following the vaccination I sent my doctor the manufacturer and dates and they entered it into mychart, no questions or proof asked. 

The OP's question has been accurately answered based on Celebrity's "rules". But as a FWIW, my DW's vaccination card did not list the lot number for the vaccination. The university health system who administered the shot would not reissue the card but she was able to get a copy of her record which had all the relevant information. So I decided to get a copy of my record from the major city health department who provided my shots. And I was able to get a record AND a another card. Cost me $10 for both. Go figure.

I have a concern regarding my vaccination card but am not sure how to find out if I will have a problem at check in or not. My husband and I got our Moderna shots at the same time. Data about our first shot was handwritten on our cards. Data about our second shot was on a small sticker. The woman who placed the sticker on both of our cards partially covered the handwritten data on mine -- part of the lot number. She then tried to pull off the sticker on my card but that just messed up the sticker. My husband's lot number is partially covered but legible. We're not sure how closely the cards are scrutinized at check in. Any suggestions regarding who at Celebrity I could ask about this?

True story. My granddaughter's dog ATE her vaccination card!  We were going for her second vac and the pharmacy was very understanding and looked up her records in the computer and filled out a new card with both shots on it now.  I was nervous because when I got my first shot they said "do not lose this card."  Really appreciated their help.  The card is now on lockdown.  The dog should be too!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

UPDATE! Thanks for all of your help/suggestions. She was able to call her state health department today, and she already got her electronic vaccination record from the health department of her state. Yay!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1