Travel warning by CDC

The following 16 destinations moved to the CDC's "Level 4: Covid-19 Very High" category on August 2:
-- Andorra
-- Curaçao
-- Gibraltar
-- Greece
-- Guadeloupe
-- Iran
-- Ireland
-- Isle of Man
-- Kazakhstan
-- Lesotho
-- Libya
-- Malta
-- Martinique
-- Saint Barthelemy
-- Saint Martin
-- US Virgin Islands.

David

20 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:
The following 16 destinations moved to the CDC's "Level 4: Covid-19 Very High" category on August 2:
-- Andorra
-- Curaçao
-- Gibraltar
-- Greece
-- Guadeloupe
-- Iran
-- Ireland
-- Isle of Man
-- Kazakhstan
-- Lesotho
-- Libya
-- Malta
-- Martinique
-- Saint Barthelemy
-- Saint Martin
-- US Virgin Islands.

David

I’m vaccinated, I don’t care 

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to elevate its travel notices. In the latest round of updates, another three Caribbean cruise destinations are now at level 4. St. Kitts and Nevis, Belize, and Grenada all have updated travel notices due to the growing spread of COVID.

Three More Caribbean Cruise Destinations at Level 4

On September 13, the CDC elevated the travel notice for a total of ten countries, including the three Caribbean cruise destinations of Belize, St. Kitts and Nevis, and Grenada. The CDC now recommends avoiding all travel to all three cruise nations, especially Belize and St. Kitts.

It’s recommended that people only travel to the countries if they are fully vaccinated due to the current situation and the growing risk for getting and spreading new variants.

CDC Travel Notice for Belize CDC Website

St. Kitts is just reopening to cruise tourism, with Celebrity Equinox making its first call to the Eastern Caribbean island on September 14. Authorities have also issued a bulletin to residents to stay away from specific locations due to bubble tours. Belize had already dealt with cruise ships, including when Carnival Vista was eventually allowed to make its call in August after 27 cases on board.

To determine which countries are added to the Level 4 list, the CDC factors new cases over the past 28 days per 100,000 population. When that’s more than 500 cases, the country could be added. Another factor also depends on the number of people who have been tested over the past 28 days.

This news comes as the variants continue to spread worldwide, and the CDC has also already recently added other cruise hot spots in the region. On September 7, Jamaica was elevated to level 4; on September 20, Puerto Rico and St. Lucia were added, and on August 23, the Bahamas and St. Maarten were added.

In total, there are now 14 cruise destinations with the highest travel notice level from the CDC, including multiple cruise ports across the Caribbean and the Bahamas. More countries are heading for level 4 rather than going down to level 3. Meanwhile, cruise lines adapt their protocols to keep guests protected as the gradual return to operations moves forward.

Another Three Cruise Destinations Added to CDC Level 4 Travel List (cruisehive.com)

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to point this out......The USA is a CDC level 4 travel warning, and most of the world is saying don't go to the USA.  Why am I saying this, is because, there is no need to listen to the CDC and if you go, you are just going to the same level as you are at home......no difference, no change in danger.

• Like 13

49 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Just wanted to point this out......The USA is a CDC level 4 travel warning, and most of the world is saying don't go to the USA.  Why am I saying this, is because, there is no need to listen to the CDC and if you go, you are just going to the same level as you are at home......no difference, no change in danger.

They aren't wrong about the US, but it would be better if they could do it by areas of the US.

Am I using the wrong source for information? I have a saved link to the NY Times covid trend chart and when I use the country drop down Curacoa I get a 7-day average of 37 cases ... St. Martin is 21 and Aruba is 33.All of them are level 4. While I realize their population is pretty small, those numbers just don't look alarming to me. Should I be more worried?

4 minutes ago, emeraldcity said:

Am I using the wrong source for information? I have a saved link to the NY Times covid trend chart and when I use the country drop down Curacoa I get a 7-day average of 37 cases ... St. Martin is 21 and Aruba is 33.All of them are level 4. While I realize their population is pretty small, those numbers just don't look alarming to me. Should I be more worried?

I don't think so.  The COVID stats are standard:  percentage based on population. It's just with a smaller population you have a higher risk factor of coming into contact with a carrier.  Being vaccinated and wearing a mask is the best precaution, IMO.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 5:11 PM, DAllenTCY said:
-- Andorra
-- Curaçao
-- Gibraltar
-- Greece
-- Guadeloupe
-- Iran
-- Ireland
-- Isle of Man
-- Kazakhstan
-- Lesotho
-- Libya
-- Malta
-- Martinique
-- Saint Barthelemy
-- Saint Martin
-- US Virgin Islands.

David

Stop the madness.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2021 at 7:51 AM, little britain said:

Whereas Gibraltar is on England’s green travel

list!!!! 

Very surprised with the Isle of Man, they shut their borders and I don’t think they have ever had any cases. They even put that guy in prison who tried to go and see his girlfriend on a jet ski from Scotland.  

Here are all the cruise destinations in the region currently at level 4:

• Antigua and Barbuda
  • Aruba
  • The Bahamas
  • Belize
  • Bermuda
  • British Virgin Islands
  • Curacao
  • Jamaica
  • Puerto Rico
  • Panama
  • St. Kitts and Nevis
  • St. Lucia
  • St. Maarten/St. Martin
  • U.S. Virgin Islands

CDC Recommends to Avoid Travel to Another Two Cruise Destinations (cruisehive.com)

On 8/3/2021 at 5:33 PM, karena1 said:

Don't care, have been traveling to the islands since August and will continue to do so.  Going to STT and St Maarten in Dec and cannot wait.  

Do you have to where masks when you are on the islands?  If yes, when?

2 hours ago, glentally said:

Do you have to where masks when you are on the islands?  If yes, when?

When we were in the Bahamas on Adventure we had to wear masks on the islands everywhere except when on the beach.  Cancun only had to wear them walking into stores.  In Punta Cana we did not have to wear them outside the airport when waiting for our transfer, did not wear them in the transfer vehicle and did not have to wear them anywhere outside at the resort.  

• 8 months later...

Just as the summer cruise travel season begins, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has elevated its COVID-19 warning level for three popular Caribbean island destinations, placing them at Level 3. Anguilla, Jamaica, and Turks & Caicos have all been moved to the “high” risk category.

The CDC revised the travel warning level for Anguilla, Jamaica, and Turks & Caicos on May 31, 2022.

This new advisory recommends that travelers who are not up-to-date on their vaccines – a full initial vaccination series plus a booster shot when eligible – avoid travel to destinations classified as Level 3.

Furthermore, travelers who are considered at higher personal vulnerability due to a weakened immune system or other health risks should avoid travel to Level 3 regions.

Anguilla is part of the British Virgin Islands east of Puerto Rico, and is a less common call on Eastern Caribbean itineraries as well as exotic cruises exploring lesser-known destinations. Seabourn, Windstar Cruises, and Silversea Cruises occasionally offer calls in Anguilla.

Jamaica is one of the most popular ports of call in the Caribbean, with all major cruise lines offering visits to either Ocho Rios or Montego Bay, with smaller ports on other parts of the island often servicing smaller cruise lines as well.

Turks & Caicos is another very popular Caribbean port of call, and Grand Turk is a cruise passenger favorite. All major cruise lines visit Grand Turk, which is ideal for snorkeling, diving, and other water sports, and the island has already received more than 170,000 cruise guests in 2022.

At this time, no cruise lines have altered itineraries or changed port visit plans due to this change in CDC travel warning level.

Such changes may be possible should conditions worsen or if the ports opt to implement more rigorous health protocols that may make cruise visits less practical, such as requiring additional COVID-19 tests for cruise travelers.

About CDC Warning Levels

Level 3 is now the highest standard warning of COVID-19 risk on the CDC’s travel health notices. To be classified as Level 3, a region must have at least 100 confirmed cases of COVID-19 per 100,000 population in the past 28 days.

Other metrics, such as recent changes in case trajectory and test-to-case ratios, are also considered when assigning warning levels.

There is a Level 4 designation that is more severe than Level 3, but it is classified as “Special Circumstances” and is reserved for extreme changes in cases, new variants of concern, local healthcare infrastructure collapse, and other mitigating factors. There are currently no areas anywhere in the world designated as Level 4.

In addition to Anguilla, Jamaica, and Turks & Caicos, other popular Caribbean cruise destinations that are currently listed as Level 3 warnings include Belize, The Bahamas, Barbados, Grand Cayman, and more.

Other popular cruise destinations worldwide listed as Level 3 include Italy, Greece, Singapore, Canada, Norway, Spain, Hong Kong, and the United Kingdom.

Many destinations listed as Level 3 have been under that warning advisory for several weeks, and cruise visits have continued with appropriate precautions and protocols.

CDC Elevates Travel Warnings for Popular Cruise Destinations (cruisehive.com)

Biker, who wonders how many other articles don't mention the context of the last paragraph.

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The CDC is still wasting their time with those?

Somebody looking to get that last bullet point for their annual review (internal review of course….sure be nice if it was an external review).

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3