The Daily for Thursday August 12, 2021

richwmn

Good morning all!

@richwmnRich don't be upset that I let the cat out of the bag about your birthday -- makes up for the time on the VOV 😉  

I would love to see meteors, but as usual our clear skies will turn cloudy tonight.  Love elephants and was so sorry when the Seattle zoo sent ours to other zoos. The meal sounds good but too hot here, and the wine sounds good too.  Have been to Norway but won't visit Stravanger until next summer.  I'm loving all the photos!

@dfishI'm sorry you had to postpone your trip and hope you'll be able to go soon and have a wonderful visit.

In 3 days the Eurodam will make it's first voyage out of Athens, Greece this year.  I'm watching and so excited!  Ours leaves in 6 weeks.

• Like 18

Update on the Michigan trip.  I have a hotel for Friday and Saturday nights.  Power is supposed to come back on Sunday at 6:30 am.  The good news is that a crew has been assigned and it might come on sooner.  My sister and her husband are at another hotel near mine.   They had to find one that was pet friendly on top of being available Saturday night.  I'm still coming back on Monday because I have a lunch date in Toledo then.  

@richwmn  Happy Birthday!

cute-birthday-meme-with-cat.jpg.4d0cda365db46f1e2345c6a54946ef00.jpg

• Like 23

@StLouisCruisers We did the Rodne cruise in Stavanger as well and booked directly with them for quite the savings.  We'll do it again next year as well and hope for better weather than the last time.  Your pictures are better than mine so I won't go searching.  I do remember the goats.  What I also remember is seeing Pulpit Rock and not quite believing all the fuss about it.  You could so easily miss it.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Glad your internet was restored Rich @richwmn  early enough to tell me that destination of the Day is Stavanger , Norway .  We were in Stavanger on the Voyage of the Vikings while on the Eurodam starting late August  2012 from Amsterdam .

Thank you for the beautiful pictures Sandi  @StLouisCruisersthat saved me a lot of work because we also did the beautiful Lysefjord tour so I will just add " my 2 cents “ worth as proof we were there , lol ! 

Rain , rain and more rain and thundershowers for us today in SW Ontario , more time to spend behind the computer and dream about cruising again ..........

DSCF3592.thumb.jpg.8b7699e67a1badaaf22b9a4a0a19e241.jpg

DSCF3605.thumb.jpg.4e65b309938a8244bc59394508107e7f.jpg

DSCF3604.thumb.jpg.d073d1a83311311e2ae7bfcba8ebacb2.jpg

DSCF3606.thumb.jpg.d23e8ecf4336573d0d4fb8df3534ebf5.jpg

DSCF3614.thumb.jpg.b7ee316c1d28a68b21228b844140f18f.jpg

DSCF3619.thumb.jpg.1837a82dae967da314b29697bfbcffff.jpg

DSCF3620.thumb.jpg.a0e5e22bd1d0fa89e561267410d4cf3e.jpg

DSCF3623.thumb.jpg.acc59fbd883d1fe1b33e042d27e154c4.jpg

DSCF3659.thumb.jpg.b38a305c1435dcccc15964bdfc579c62.jpg

Will skip my pictures of lots of rocks and more goats .....

DSCF3664.thumb.jpg.48e9c021d5580a38fe6d84167764cf46.jpg

Have a great day everybody . Take Care and Stay Safe ! 

Back to thinking about the Eurodam in October 2021 from the Med will she go ........ ???? 
Hope more and more people will finally get their shots , it's time ! 

Tony 😘
  • Like 28

Thank you for the Daily and all the pictures and information posted. Best wishes to all the Dailyites!

Great to see the glide in to Ketchikan, we should be there in 2 weeks (as long as the covid test gets done, ours was canceled yesterday and we had to scramble to rebook something).

One visit to Stavanger, on the Zuiderdam, lovely city. Also independently booked the Rodne Fjord cruise to Pulpit Rock (viewing, not climbing!)......the close up picture of the top made my hands sweat! Loved the town and had a wonderful lunch in a little pub. Walked Old Town and went to a fish/canning museum there that was surprisingly interesting. Beautiful town and we look forward to being back there again next May, covid  and travel permitting.

Pulpit Rock from the ship 06-2016.JPG

Top of Pulpit Rock 06-2016.JPG

Stavanger old town 06-2016.JPG

• Like 27

42 minutes ago, dfish said:

Update on the Michigan trip.  I have a hotel for Friday and Saturday nights.  Power is supposed to come back on Sunday at 6:30 am.  The good news is that a crew has been assigned and it might come on sooner.  My sister and her husband are at another hotel near mine.   They had to find one that was pet friendly on top of being available Saturday night.  I'm still coming back on Monday because I have a lunch date in Toledo then.  

@richwmn  Happy Birthday!

cute-birthday-meme-with-cat.jpg.4d0cda365db46f1e2345c6a54946ef00.jpg

Glad you could get a hotel room and can make your trip.  Safe travels and have a great time.

Lenda 

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, CruiseMGM said:

Thank you for the Daily and all the pictures and information posted. Best wishes to all the Dailyites!

Great to see the glide in to Ketchikan, we should be there in 2 weeks (as long as the covid test gets done, ours was canceled yesterday and we had to scramble to rebook something).

One visit to Stavanger, on the Zuiderdam, lovely city. Also independently booked the Rodne Fjord cruise to Pulpit Rock (viewing, not climbing!)......the close up picture of the top made my hands sweat! Loved the town and had a wonderful lunch in a little pub. Walked Old Town and went to a fish/canning museum there that was surprisingly interesting. Beautiful town and we look forward to being back there again next May, covid  and travel permitting.

Pulpit Rock from the ship 06-2016.JPG

Top of Pulpit Rock 06-2016.JPG

Stavanger old town 06-2016.JPG

Great pictures of Stavanger and especially of Pulpit Rock.

• Like 12

Thank you for today's Daily!

Yay for elephants! I saw on the news recently that the wandering Chinese elephants were on their way back to the preserve. However, there's another herd that appears to be leaving because the space is getting too small...

Have a good day!

• Like 16

Good  morning  to  everyone. I  am  late  today as  we  are  scrambling  around to  welcome  our  Tana  to  DD's  side  of  the  house today. The  oxygen  making  machine  has  just  been  delivered  and I  was  making  a  bed  with  the  aid  of  DD's  4  cats. We  are  a  little  concerned about the  ability  to  climb  stairs  now so  we  have  arranged an  ambulance  for  discharge.  I  think  we  are  a  combination  of   very  happy  and  a  little  nervous. Tana's  son  and  their  doggie  will  stay  with  me  but  we  will  all  be  able  to  eat  together. There  were  times  when  we  all  wondered  if  this  day  would  ever  come but  the  good  wishes  and  prayers  of  many  folks  have prevailed. Thank you  all!

We  have  been  to  Stavenger  and  took  the  fjord cruise  as  well. I  am  sure  my  pictures  do  not  do  it  justice! Thanks  to  @StLouisCruisers  and  everyone  else  who  posted  such lovely  pictures.

@kazu, the  tremendous  work  you  put  into  your  garden  is  showing  now. Wow. It  is  just  beautiful.

@dfish, I  am  just  so  glad  that  you  will  be  able  to  see  your  family  in  Michigan. Enjoy!

@ger_77, the  picture  of  your  youngest  grandson  sleeping  brought  a  tear  to  my  eyes! It  sounds  like  a  good  time  was  had  by  all.

IMG_0783.JPG

• Like 27