Does anyone have an idea when summer '23 cruises (to the Fjords) might be released?

bee-ess

On 8/21/2021 at 11:36 AM, jeanlyon said:

Do you know for certain that there is no choir - one of our main enjoyments, along with going ashore on our own?  

Jean

Bit late to reply but on the Iona Maiden, we passed a room, (can't remember which venue), where there were lots of passengers both maskless and singing!  Sadly we didn't hear the performance or notice it in The Horizon,  though, but there must have been one.

Jules

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Which one are you on Andrew?  We are on her April 22 and October 22

I'm going late August Jean 🤞🏻, so sadly won't be with you. That was the best itinerary for me as it gives me several ports I have not been to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Any rumours yet as it's coming up to the time when someone has seen or knows something. 

Rumour has it that it’ll be exactly the same itineraries as it has been for the last god knows how many years🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As mentioned a few days ago, we were thinking of transferring our Arcadia cruise to the Baltic next August to an Iona cruise.

Although I like Arcadia, there's not much in the way of alternative dining and the cruise goes to multiple countries, which may end up being a problem (I tend to think next year isn't going to be much different to this year).

Today, we made the decision, and transferred to an Iona cruise in March 2023, to the Canaries. As only Spain and Portugal are involved, it'll be less complicated and the main reason for booking is to experience Iona.

We still have a cruise booked for 2022 - A British Isles cruise on Queen Victoria in May.  It should have some chance of sailing as planned, although QV is due to be the last Cunard ship to come out of mothballs. As we booked through a travel agent, we are due to make the final payment in January, which seems ridiculously early in the current situation. Will just have to wait until January and see how it feels then 

22 hours ago, Bazrat said:

The benefit I see about the ever lowering standards of food onboard p&o, is that as we’re reasonably new to cruising, we never tried the really top class food they used to serve back in the halcyon days, we find the food agreeable without being pretentious, and have not had a bad meal on any of the ships we have been on.

We have not noticed any lowering of standards, but have only cruises since 2002, so can't remember the carry on cruising days. Sometimes a meal was not quite perfect, but we can live with that. If it is rubbish, send it back, but I never have done so. In the Glass house on our first staycation I sent the wine back. It was only a single glass, but it wasn't what I ordered. It was a Chianti and I ordered Rioja. Chianti with fillet.........Really, get a grip man.🤣

• Like 1

We have a Med cruise booked for next May that visits 6 different countries over three weeks. 

We booked it a few weeks ago, knowing full well that the itinerary may change, but our view is that Princess will sort it out - we will just sit on our balcony, going wherever we are taken !

Seems like lots of others have the same idea - over the last few weeks prices have gone up and cabin availability has come down. No aft  cabins left at all now.

Having said that, I've booked refundable BA tickets ! I'm not a 100% optimist!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We have a Med cruise booked for next May that visits 6 different countries over three weeks. 

We booked it a few weeks ago, knowing full well that the itinerary may change, but our view is that Princess will sort it out - we will just sit on our balcony, going wherever we are taken !

Seems like lots of others have the same idea - over the last few weeks prices have gone up and cabin availability has come down. No aft  cabins left at all now.

Having said that, I've booked refundable BA tickets ! I'm not a 100% optimist!

I'm very much of the same opinion. We have booked 2 cruises in the last couple of weeks. One for the Canaries in November and one to Spain and Portugal in January. Its not the we are being overly optimistic it just that we've resigned ourselves to the fact that they may not happen. Therefore we wont be massively disappointed if they get cancelled or itineraries changed. If they go ahead then we've bagged a couple of bargains .We've already had 3 cruises cancelled in the last year so another two wont make much difference 😄

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Bobblehat71 said:

I'm very much of the same opinion. We have booked 2 cruises in the last couple of weeks. One for the Canaries in November and one to Spain and Portugal in January. Its not the we are being overly optimistic it just that we've resigned ourselves to the fact that they may not happen. Therefore we wont be massively disappointed if they get cancelled or itineraries changed. If they go ahead then we've bagged a couple of bargains .We've already had 3 cruises cancelled in the last year so another two wont make much difference 😄

We too were tempted by a bargain next year on Aurora, phoned TA to enquire about flexible transfers, final payments, going ashore, testing etc. very much got the feeling buyer beware. But was told it would sell out in the next 24 hours, it took 48. It did not seem such a bargain if it morphed into a 14 day seacation although some would just be happy to get away, each to their own

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

We have not noticed any lowering of standards, but have only cruises since 2002, so can't remember the carry on cruising days. Sometimes a meal was not quite perfect, but we can live with that. If it is rubbish, send it back, but I never have done so. In the Glass house on our first staycation I sent the wine back. It was only a single glass, but it wasn't what I ordered. It was a Chianti and I ordered Rioja. Chianti with fillet.........Really, get a grip man.🤣

I once was going to send some beer back but I drank it before the waiter came

• Haha 4

On 8/23/2021 at 11:57 AM, Dermotsgirl said:

Another closely related activity is when Fred goes ahead to the theatre  to reserve seats and Doris stops off to go to the loo or do some shopping or whatever. When Doris reaches the theatre, she can’t see Fred, who proceeds to wave wildly at Doris for about 10 minutes. The whole theatre except Doris can see Fred.  

one of the things I miss most from cruising is the endless opportunities for people watching 

I love it  when everyone else in the theatre starts to wave  back to Fred ensuring that Doris can't  see Fred 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 8/21/2021 at 11:36 AM, jeanlyon said:

Do you know for certain that there is no choir - one of our main enjoyments, along with going ashore on our own?  

My friends are currently onboard Iona and I know they have sung at least once (with masks) but haven't heard from them since. I will ask when they get back as singing is a big part of my cruises too.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Thread drift is one of the great pleasures of this forum, and long may it continue.

Summer 2023. There we are, back on topic. I wonder if the choir will be warbling away by then, or if Doris would have found Fred?.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 8/24/2021 at 10:50 PM, SummmerInKefalonia said:

This was supposed to be a topic for 2023 summer cruises!

Not a chat room 😂

Unfortunately, there isn't any news or anyone with inside info about Summer 23 yet. Without thread drift, this thread would be way down the page by now, so at least it is being kept live...

• Like 4

On 8/25/2021 at 2:44 PM, jeanlyon said:

On the theatre topic, we always sit near the back near the end of the row so that we can escape as we often have.  If it's deafening, I just can't stand it.

I keep a pair of earplugs in my bag and often use them in the theatre.

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2021 at 5:26 PM, Slugsta said:

I keep a pair of earplugs in my bag and often use them in the theatre.

I keep a pair of earplugs but the beloved spotted them than hit me and told me to listen to her 🤪

• Haha 8

On 8/25/2021 at 2:44 PM, jeanlyon said:

On the theatre topic, we always sit near the back near the end of the row so that we can escape as we often have.  If it's deafening, I just can't stand it.

I am with you there Jean I love a west end show and would never leave one (who would the price they charge now) but on board I'm in for a short while if its too loud, too much rubbish I am off. 

I currently have a German Christmas Market cruise booked for December '22 but I am keen to change this to a Fjords cruise for April/May '23. Do any of you regular cruisers know how far in advance the following years summer cruises are launched? I would have thought it might be anytime now-ish? I am also wondering if it will still be possible to switch our deposit from the December '22 cruise to one in spring/summer '23? Time I guess will tell on that one. Any advice would be greatly received. Thank you

18 hours ago, ccpm said:

I am with you there Jean I love a west end show and would never leave one (who would the price they charge now) but on board I'm in for a short while if its too loud, too much rubbish I am off. 

Whilst I can fully understand and appreciate reasons why people don’t stay long in the theatre, just spare a thought for those who would like to see the show, whatever it is, who turn up 10 minutes before the show begins and can’t get in because there are no spare seats. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

Whilst I can fully understand and appreciate reasons why people don’t stay long in the theatre, just spare a thought for those who would like to see the show, whatever it is, who turn up 10 minutes before the show begins and can’t get in because there are no spare seats. 

I can appreciate that but I am always one of the last in so usually in my case everyone has had a good chance at a seat as I'm right on the dot and always take a seat right at the back so as not to disturb anyone if I do leave. If that isn't possible I just don't stay I don't want to upset anyone's enjoyment.