Live from Allure - Oct 3, 2021 - Cruising with Covid 🤔

41 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

In Cozumel today and Senor Frogs is open, but not crazy busy 🍹🍻

Unfortunately, that is when it is most dangerous.  We ended up in a similar situation in St. Thomas a couple of years ago.  They targeted us for a few too many drinks. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Well this is a first time in all my years of cruising. Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures.😉

20211007_091953.thumb.jpg.ca41e3fef8749bb75672bc11d5c751b0.jpg

EWWWWW Raisins!! 😛

2 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

When we first began cruising, we used Carnival. Later, on our first Royal cruise, I remember being happy that poolside music didn't seem as blaring. Might have been that I had hearing loss by then. These days, I just take my hearing aids out.☺️ Perfect!

I do exactly that!  Mind if I ask where in TX you are?

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, oatmeal. 

The containers are gold raisins, cinnamon, and brown sugar. 

You always see them along edge of pier. This one is up by the fence to Crown Bay. Just do what you want and get yelled at

The last time that I got yelled at was in Aruba. Actually, I had a whistle blown at me and then I got yelled at.

• Haha 4

@John&LaLa True story. On the evening news tonight they did a little blurb on Andrew Lloyd Webber. He said when the movie for CATS came out it was so bad that it traumatized him and he had to get a therapy dog. All I could think of is if he only knew how many RCI cruisers are in therapy thanks to him.😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

What does Canada Dry and Bare Naked Ladies have in common you might ask?  

The answer is much more Canadian than Sorento's Canadian Pizza, it isn't maple syrup, and it is no Big Bang Theory. 😉 

Drink it up.

Appreciated the Syd and Stanley Cup chalice reference!  🐧🏒🖤💛🖤💛

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So I am assuming that if I wanted to get that close up of a classic mooring line post and line going to the ship that is a no no?

I just pretend I know nothing about the no go zone. 😈 No problem as long as you stay on your side of the no go zone or use a zoom. 📸

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

@John&LaLa True story. On the evening news tonight they did a little blurb on Andrew Lloyd Webber. He said when the movie for CATS came out it was so bad that it traumatized him and he had to get a therapy dog. All I could think of is if he only knew how many RCI cruisers are in therapy thanks to him.😇

image.png.2cf19b6ce4eafa6b1bc4d2c3be0ebbfb.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I just pretend I know nothing about the no go zone. 😈 No problem as long as you stay on your side of the no go zone or use a zoom. 📸

So I guess a shot like this is a NO?

Mooring Line.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Basically they just pushed all the two tops together.  Not sure if they will seperate them.

On Allure they expanded CK into the area where Chefs Table is on Oasis. Kinda what they do on Harmony and Symphony as well

I can try and ask CK managervwhst capacity is now

Thanks John.  

We ate in the expanded area (where Chef's Table is on OA) 3 or 4 nights.  It was very comfortable.  We really like CK!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SherriZ366 said:

Thanks John.  

We ate in the expanded area (where Chef's Table is on OA) 3 or 4 nights.  It was very comfortable.  We really like CK!! 

We are looking for 4 tops as we cruise with another couple so will be happy that there are many.  

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I know. They have a contract. But there are smaller ships that do dock at Havensight. 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

RCI doesn't dock at Havensight. It isn't just their big ships.

:sigh: I remember docking at Havensight on Freedom. Of course, that was back on June 1, 2016. :sigh:

That was the only time we ever got to dock there. Every other time was Crown Bay. We had an awesome time on that cruise. The Crown Bay vs Havensight discussion brought back some wonderful memories. 

08729FBD-93DB-4A2F-927B-26CE36C507DE.jpeg

AF90020D-F386-4E4F-A95C-C5DE5EDBE153.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

What does Canada Dry and Bare Naked Ladies have in common you might ask?  

The answer is much more Canadian than Sorento's Canadian Pizza, it isn't maple syrup, and it is no Big Bang Theory. 😉 

Drink it up.

So many great Canadian references!  Love it.

• Haha 1

John -- Did Elaine Santana move from the Diamond Lounge to the Suite Lounge? I read on the Facebook Concierge thread that the email sent to Suite passengers came from Elaine and Dexter Fraser.  She is a good concierge -- she was our DL Concierge in August.  If Elaine moved to the SL, who is the Diamond Concierge.  Thanks.  

1 minute ago, SherriZ366 said:

John -- Did Elaine Santana move from the Diamond Lounge to the Suite Lounge? I read on the Facebook Concierge thread that the email sent to Suite passengers came from Elaine and Dexter Fraser.  She is a good concierge -- she was our DL Concierge in August.  If Elaine moved to the SL, who is the Diamond Concierge.  Thanks.  

I wonder if Allure is doing like Adventure did this past September? The Suite Lounge Concierge and DL Concierge rotated between the two venues, swapping places? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So many great Canadian references!  Love it.

I love Barenaked Ladies. When we were at Walt Disney World, there was a large Wells Fargo conference going on. They were playing a private concert for the attendees. 

I tried so hard to ingratiate ourselves with the Wells Fargo people...we bank there, my mom worked for BofA, we really love banks. :classic_biggrin:

Nope. We didn't get to see them. :classic_sad:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2