Live from Allure - Oct 3, 2021 - Cruising with Covid 🤔

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Speaking of next cruise, I think we are going to cancel Harmony TA. To much going on at home. Will be back for Harmony on November 14th, though.😁

We cancelled yesterday. Probably we’re going to cancel anyway but when they modified the itinerary, we had the opportunity to get a refund and have no A2S cancellation charges. Needed to do it by 10/14. 

mac_tlc

• Like 3

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Formal Night. First dress up since Mid March 2020. Not a lot of participation 

20211008_205601.thumb.jpg.ee08f1d49c612b11171b0d0801073308.jpg

Coming down to Entertainment Place

20211008_205508.thumb.jpg.1b4f41db992aac1c78b3b3d5e5b5767c.jpg

I wished I had real camera with me. Could have been more creative.

20211008_205535.thumb.jpg.1e4f37d1f37c0a56932c1d0eab4e175e.jpg

FWIW, it's been fairly cool indoors. Laura said she needs to pack warmer for next cruise.

Speaking of next cruise, I think we are going to cancel Harmony TA. To much going on at home. Will be back for Harmony on November 14th, though.😁

You both look terrifc for formal night, especially Lala-Beautiful🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jagsfan said:

True. I’m going to see if some of Princess’s older ships still dock there. 
Just one more time is all I ask. 

Unfortunately our last RC cruise was March 2019. While walking around in Charlotte Amalie I cold see a Princess and a Carnival ship docked at Havensight. If you haven't already, cruise on over to the Princess forum and ask there. 

Just now, davekathy said:

Unfortunately our last RC cruise was March 2019. While walking around in Charlotte Amalie I cold see a Princess and a Carnival ship docked at Havensight. If you haven't already, cruise on over to the Princess forum and ask there. 

Last time we were in St. Thomas, we simply took one of those cheap shuttles over to Havensight.  🙂 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Last time we were in St. Thomas, we simply took one of those cheap shuttles over to Havensight.  🙂 

After walking around in Charlotte Amalie we walked over to Havensight.  And then we take a shuttle back to Crown Bay. That's another reason we liked docking at Havensight as we always enjoyed the walk to Charlotte Amalie. No way would we (I would but not Kathy) walk from Crown Bay to Charlotte Amalie. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Formal Night. First dress up since Mid March 2020. Not a lot of participation 

You guys look fantastic. I've always like the white tux jacket look. Very Bond-ish.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

After walking around in Charlotte Amalie we walked over to Havensight.  And then we take a shuttle back to Crown Bay. That's another reason we liked docking at Havensight as we always enjoyed the walk to Charlotte Amalie. No way would we (I would but not Kathy) walk from Crown Bay to Charlotte Amalie. 

I walk from CB into town but it is no where near as enjoyable as the walk from Havensight to town.

• Like 3

On 10/5/2021 at 9:31 AM, John&LaLa said:

There it is, but not open yet

20211005_102046.thumb.jpg.50d73619a5290c34d3b5c11edbfa8e89.jpg

Oh, and no bar seating at Champagne Bar, but you can at Schooner.  @molly361

John,

First, thanks for sharing all that you have. I appreciate it. We are on the 10-17 sailing. 

Can you tell me what bar had the Louis XIII? 

• Like 1

Discovered a Snack Shack on South Beach. Not listed on the pamphlet from yesterday.

Great burger 🍔 

Had a steak taco at Skippers. First time.

I enjoyed it, but kinda missed being able to build it myself. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sorry if not as engaged as earlier.

We listed our condo the day before cruise, and have a lot of things going on. I guess that's good, but I'm becoming preoccupied. 

No worries! We will enjoy whatever you are able to pass our way. 🙂 Hope you sell quickly! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

I have walked CB to downtown and back several times.  Wouldn't do it again.  I enjoyed the walk from Havensight.  From Crown Bay?  Not so much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We listed our condo the day before cruise, and have a lot of things going on. I guess that's good, but I'm becoming preoccupied. 

Oh no!!  I know how much you both and Bella will miss being on the beach when you want.  But you still have your friends there to visit with.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

We did that often as well when we used to dock at Havensight.  Was an enjoyable walk into town, but past that on the way to Crown Bay...yuck...all freight docks and industrial.  Have done the walk into town from Crown Bay,  trying to find a sushi place (that went out of business later)...it was not fun.  

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I know of what you speak, John!  Well, almost.  We were waiting to hear from our Lawyer for the Closing date on our house we were selling.  We were on our Mediterranean Cruise back in 2016, so I bought the Wifi package and checked every day while we were away.  We finally found out the date.  It was 3 days after we arrived back in New York.  Talk about stress!!!!

Best of luck with your condo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

This (sale of condo) shocked me since the balcony view is so spectacular. However, living in two different locations, with the commute in between, was, I would imagine,  stressful. Blessings to you both going forward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1