Hawiian Shirts

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I actually like those. They are different. I like the bowling shirt look ones. Where did you find those?

I have a bunch of Tommy Bahama shirts. They are great but wrinkle very easy. Trying to find something comfortable, non wrinkled, that can be worn out not tucked in.

Found these at a website called Milamode. They’re based in China, are a conglomerate of clothing stylists, and from ordering to delivery takes about 6 weeks. 

The biggest problem was that every single shirt of the same “size”, wasn’t. It might be labeled as Large or XL, but they’d all be different. I’ve even got a 5X shirt that fits just about right, and only I’m average sized at 5’10”, 194 lbs, with a 36” waist. Crazy! 

There’s a handy measurement chart on each and every shirt’s web page (since they’re manufactured by different vendors), so know what your exact chest, shoulder, and length are, and order a couple for starters. If they don’t fit, or you're unhappy, you have to pay postage to return them to CHINA. And that’s more than the cost of the shirt three-fold. 

I spent a lot of money on alterations, mainly shortening the length on shirts, or taking them in width-wise, that were otherwise fine everywhere else. 

Good luck. Like I said, I’ve got 65 shirts accrued over the last year. And I do love all of them. The “aggravation” of size by trial-and-error was definitely worth it. 😎

• Like 2

6 hours ago, matt1 said:

I don’t have any Hawaiian-styled shirts, or any regular shirts for that matter, all of my shirts fit into the category of “not normal” wear. LOL 

I’ll still be taking them on the ship…bringing 14 of them for a 7-night cruise so I can change out for the evening into something more “formal-ish”…

542D939D-B156-491C-9201-57E3ECBE68CA.jpeg

73901888-1C7B-4313-8D31-29219FEAFDF1.jpeg

C4E47BEB-3C2A-49AF-ADCE-B62C495DFC7E.jpeg

D89708B4-0823-422B-9819-50CE003C0A74.jpeg

Nice shirts, but all I can think of is, who has to iron all those?  They look very neatly pressed.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I actually like those. They are different. I like the bowling shirt look ones. Where did you find those?

I have a bunch of Tommy Bahama shirts. They are great but wrinkle very easy. Trying to find something comfortable, non wrinkled, that can be worn out not tucked in.

I have a bunch of TB silk shirts and not much issue with wrinkles, but I now wear TB Linen shirts, which are ok with some wrinkles.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, derorim said:

Nice shirts, but all I can think of is, who has to iron all those?  They look very neatly pressed.

I normally only wash and iron about 10 shirts every two weeks (weekends are strictly T-shirts), and it takes about a month and a half to cycle through all of them. Since my desk job is incredibly sedentary, with zero sweating in an air-conditioned environment, I can get away with using some wrinkle release or Febreeze on the clothes before having to wash them again. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Love my Hawaiian shirts...but if you really, really want to be cool...then wear this:

image.png.fe04e2f09da22b1f4e94e98539fe324c.png

:classic_biggrin:

I love this outfit! And I would wear it if they made it for women. I really like matching shirts and tops. I have something similar from Hilo Hatties. 

17 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Not a fan of the novelty button down shirts- My DH had a few 20 years ago- now garbage. 

Sorry you tossed your husband, was it because of the shirts?  By the way, I'm wearing one today at work.  I'm not a fan of boring, single color button down shirts. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, matt1 said:

Found these at a website called Milamode. They’re based in China, are a conglomerate of clothing stylists, and from ordering to delivery takes about 6 weeks. 

The biggest problem was that every single shirt of the same “size”, wasn’t. It might be labeled as Large or XL, but they’d all be different. I’ve even got a 5X shirt that fits just about right, and only I’m average sized at 5’10”, 194 lbs, with a 36” waist. Crazy! 

There’s a handy measurement chart on each and every shirt’s web page (since they’re manufactured by different vendors), so know what your exact chest, shoulder, and length are, and order a couple for starters. If they don’t fit, or you're unhappy, you have to pay postage to return them to CHINA. And that’s more than the cost of the shirt three-fold. 

I spent a lot of money on alterations, mainly shortening the length on shirts, or taking them in width-wise, that were otherwise fine everywhere else. 

Good luck. Like I said, I’ve got 65 shirts accrued over the last year. And I do love all of them. The “aggravation” of size by trial-and-error was definitely worth it. 😎

My wife has the same issue every time she orders something from Amazon. I tell her to stick with the American brands. A Chinese large is a kids size. 

17 hours ago, matt1 said:

I wore pullover Polo shirts for the LONGEST time, until one day at Walmart, several times at the local mall, and once while eating out, I saw someone else wearing the exact…same…. shirts that I had on. And they looked worse in it than I did. LOL It was on that day when I decided that wouldn’t ever happen again. Ever. My shirts brighten a lot of people’s day, and working in a hospital environment, that’s definitely important. 😁 Plus, I love my shirts, and I don’t own any plaid or camouflage. And in West Virginia, that’s something to say. 🤣 

You could always go for something like this:

image.thumb.png.3943d06eebc602438c455df569a2322a.png

• Like 1

Just now, barbeyg said:

You could always go for something like this:

image.thumb.png.3943d06eebc602438c455df569a2322a.png

😳 Um, thanks but no thanks LOL 😉 not a fan of the Mountaineers (or Steelers, either).

However, I do love living here in West Virginia. Such a beautiful state, and as the song says, “Almost Heaven”. 😁

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pcur said:

When he passed away I donated them to the food bank free "closet" in Elk Grove, CA, where it's very hot in the summer/fall.  Some guy got a great wardrobe.

P, when was this?  So sorry to hear this  

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

P, when was this?  So sorry to hear this  

Mom:  He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on 1/29/21 and passed on 3/25/21.  My two sons moved in with me and help me take care of him so we could keep him at home.

Broke our hearts, but we are all doing much better now.  

Cruise balcony.jpg

16 minutes ago, pcur said:

Mom:  He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on 1/29/21 and passed on 3/25/21.  My two sons moved in with me and help me take care of him so we could keep him at home.

Broke our hearts, but we are all doing much better now.  

Cruise balcony.jpg

I am so so so sorry to hear about all of this.  My heart reaches out to you.

May his memory be a blessing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I am so so so sorry to hear about all of this.  My heart reaches out to you.

May his memory be a blessing.

Thanks, MM. 

Notice the "catcher mitt" hands in his photo above I took on a cruise ship balcony?  Well, our 3 year old grandson inherited those hands.  Teeny, tiny little catcher mitt hands the day he was born.  Life goes on, and so do the catcher mitt hands.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Aloha Shirts.

There used to be a wonderful catalog company based in Hawaii, since disappeared, that had hundreds of designs in cotton, silk, and rayon - bone buttons, shell buttons, wooden buttons.   I miss them, their domain has been taken over by some athletic wear. 😞

On 10/5/2021 at 10:32 PM, enidcruiser said:

Do we need our Hawiian shirts for one night at dinner?

We're going on the Liberty.

You should wear a Hawaiian shirt every night for dinner. Either a Hawaiian shirt or Polo shirt is what the contemporary cruiser wears to dinner. 

• Like 1