The Daily for Tuesday October 12, 2021

richwmn

Good afternoon!  It takes a while to get caught up on CC after only half a day away from the site.  I've enjoyed the photos posted of Kirkwall so far.  Yes definitely a rainy day can really cause a less than favorable experience.  I agree that's a perfect reason to book another cruise!  I would love to get to Volos, Greece to visit Meteora again. So foggy I couldn't see it last time!

My hair appointment went well.  Before that we had walked to the gym very early and didn't have a problem with any creatures, even caterpillars hanging from trees!  We'll walk over on Thursday and Saturday too because those days aren't as busy as M-W-F.

Interesting days for us today.  I have way too many cookbooks so launching a few out of the house would make sense.  Will I do that?  Perhaps.  Old Farmer's Day reminds me of my grandpa.  He even wore denim overalls over a plaid shirt every day, just like the you'd imagine farmers from decades past.  The salmon dish today would make DH happy but I'm not a salmon fan, so he eats his salmon on a BHB usually.  

Prayers for those in need on our Care list.  A toast to everyone celebrating, especially those on a cruise now or coming up soon.  I hope @rafinmd's new HVAC equipment is all installed and working well.  That will take a load off your mind.  I'm puzzled as to why the aide was sent not completely vaccinated yet for @mamaofami's Sam.  There's no excuse for that!  I really hope that gets sorted out quickly.  Take care everyone!❤️

• Like 15

Good afternoon, all.

@Crazy For Cats Oh, my gosh, Jake!   I would have frozen on the spot.  So glad you guys were able to get out of there.   I once saw a policeman shoot someone on the side of the road.  The man was on the ground face down and hand cuffed.  I heard the shot and saw the man jump when he was shot.  I have no idea why he was shot or what the outcome of the incident was.  

@mamaofami Unbelievable that the agency would send someone to another person's home that wasn't completely vaccinated.  I also have to wonder about the aide who waited so long to get vaccinated.  As a potential patient I want to know that the people providing my care are vaccinated.  If I need their help I am already in a vulnerable state.  I don't need them giving me something else to complicate things further.  

My procedure went well today.  Boy, they did a good job of finding those nerves.  There was one point where the nerve lit up all the way down my leg.  Other times my leg would start pulsing.  The doctor said that was ok as it wouldn't cause any damage.  It was uncomfortable though.  It will be worth it if I get the same good results as I did on the other side.  I was able to walk around the block this morning without a cane and only had to stop momentarily a couple times.  We'll try again tomorrow.  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon,

I hope everybody is doing well.  We had frost today!  Good thing I took the plants in last night, they said we wouldn't have frost but I had a feeling.  I'm on the tail end (I think) of my booster shot side effects, ugh, I feel like I've been sick for most of the last year.  I can tell I'm starting to feel better because I decided to search cruises and see what was available, how quickly our brains forget the bad memories, I suppose that's a good thing.

I have a work dinner this evening so I can't linger here for too long, I have two hours before I have to get ready.  Have a great day everybody!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Interesting days. I have a large collection of cookbooks, but use the internet these days for recipes. I have donated some. Farmers are important. We all have moments of frustration, hopefully not too often. True quote.

No to the salmon (not a fish person other than a fish sandwich). I like the wine, but pass on the drink..

I haven't been to today's port. Thanks for the pictures.

I'm just back from the eyeglass place; my glasses weren't fitting right and I was having to move my head up and down to see properly. I'll see how these adjustments help.

@Vict0riann Thanks for checking in with the Daily.

@mamaofamiSo sorry to hear of the trouble with the aide. And not masked??? I agree, I thought Matt wanted to lose.

@dfish I'm glad to hear your family has recovered so quickly. It seems lots of kids are turning positive since they can't get vaccinated yet. Glad your procedure went well.

@StLouisCruisers All the stylists in my salon are still masking, which I appreciate.

@rafinmd Great that the furnace installation went smoothly, other than inconvenience.

@Crazy For Cats That's scary when you're near that kind of police activity; you don't know what's going to happen.

@TiogaCruiser It's so hard to get any contractors to show up any more or even return calls. Frustrating!

@atexsix I'm glad your finally starting to feel better.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Scheduled our flu shot for tomorrow.  Hopefully the booster for Moderna will be within the next several weeks.  Also made Tamarind reservations for our January cruise.  Have never been so am excited.  Question to all of you....can a man wear shorts to the Pinnicle for breakfast?

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon, all.

@Crazy For Cats Oh, my gosh, Jake!   I would have frozen on the spot.  So glad you guys were able to get out of there.   I once saw a policeman shoot someone on the side of the road.  The man was on the ground face down and hand cuffed.  I heard the shot and saw the man jump when he was shot.  I have no idea why he was shot or what the outcome of the incident was.  

@mamaofami Unbelievable that the agency would send someone to another person's home that wasn't completely vaccinated.  I also have to wonder about the aide who waited so long to get vaccinated.  As a potential patient I want to know that the people providing my care are vaccinated.  If I need their help I am already in a vulnerable state.  I don't need them giving me something else to complicate things further.  

My procedure went well today.  Boy, they did a good job of finding those nerves.  There was one point where the nerve lit up all the way down my leg.  Other times my leg would start pulsing.  The doctor said that was ok as it wouldn't cause any damage.  It was uncomfortable though.  It will be worth it if I get the same good results as I did on the other side.  I was able to walk around the block this morning without a cane and only had to stop momentarily a couple times.  We'll try again tomorrow.  

Debbie, witnessing the officer shooting someone on the ground would be hard to forget.  I wonder if the weapon was a taser rather than a pistol?  That would make him jump too.  At least I hope it was a taser instead of a gun.  😲

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon, all.

I wouldn’t want to see a shooting happen in front of me.  That would take some time to process.  My concern was if the gun went off accidentally we could have been in danger.

• Like 9

@rafinmd  Roy, glad the installation is finished and is working.

@dfish  Debbie, hope today's procedure works as well as the first one, but sorry it was uncomfortable.

@atexsix  Bruno, glad you are feeling better and looking for more cruises.

@StLouisCruisers  Unfortunately, the stylists here are not wearing masks, so I've cut my hair lately.  I will get a hair cut once I'm in Quartzsite even though she probably won't be masked, but at least, it's a one woman shop.

@TiogaCruiser  Sorry your having so much trouble getting someone to do the work.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon, all.

Debbie, I'm glad the procedure went well and hope the results are at least as good as the other side.

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

Good afternoon,

I hope everybody is doing well.  We had frost today!  Good thing I took the plants in last night, they said we wouldn't have frost but I had a feeling.  I'm on the tail end (I think) of my booster shot side effects, ugh, I feel like I've been sick for most of the last year.  I can tell I'm starting to feel better because I decided to search cruises and see what was available, how quickly our brains forget the bad memories, I suppose that's a good thing.

I have a work dinner this evening so I can't linger here for too long, I have two hours before I have to get ready.  Have a great day everybody!

Bruce, good to hear from you and glad you are feeling better.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Debbie, witnessing the officer shooting someone on the ground would be hard to forget.  I wonder if the weapon was a taser rather than a pistol?  That would make him jump too.  At least I hope it was a taser instead of a gun.  😲

I didn't think of a taser.   Let's hope that is what it was.  Although, the man was down and not moving before the incident.   Something I'll never know.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Scheduled our flu shot for tomorrow.  Hopefully the booster for Moderna will be within the next several weeks.  Also made Tamarind reservations for our January cruise.  Have never been so am excited.  Question to all of you....can a man wear shorts to the Pinnicle for breakfast?

Yes, he absolutely can.  It’s just smart casual for breakfast.  You can wear the same thing you would to the MDR or Lido for breakfast - no worries 😉 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dfish said:

So glad to hear it Debbie 👍. I hope it does you the world of good 🙏🏻 

Your improvement sounds really promising.  

• Like 12

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I would love to get to Volos, Greece to visit Meteora again. So foggy I couldn't see it last time!

To tide you over, we overnighted from Athens, part of the reason I booked that cruise😀

08A812C9-438C-4702-8DA7-FB359EE68340.jpeg

7BB62A6B-5422-4D7C-AE8A-8732B3032C5F.jpeg

EF60F94D-242A-4E39-A6CB-E38E4DC9569F.jpeg

7BA79DEE-2AAC-4BF6-9214-C07E6CC1A358.jpeg

7D2511D2-A982-4F17-8CD1-C2399CBAE64D.jpeg

04313702-0840-4653-A93B-E50BB38EACDB.jpeg

73B28764-4F6A-4350-9892-3FE7C761EAD8.jpeg

04509905-9ADD-44FE-9392-77A2943F96D2.jpeg

581A41B1-0EC1-4E89-8A66-C19BE45BCE40.jpeg

A9F477ED-E9F1-490B-BFDC-EA42AC559435.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Manzanillo, Mexico which is the largest shipping sea port in Mexico. It’s also know as the sailfish capitol of the world.

We had a Hal tour to Comela. Got to see the countryside nothing to exciting other than the Basilica and Plaza.

Saw some ancient ruins of another culture during Aztec times and in the distance a dormant and forward cone was an active volcano. Though it hasn’t erupted in many moons.

So we are back at sea averaging about 16.5 knots for our 1,700 nautical leg to Panama Canal. Don’t get your calculator out just close to what Captain said.

So 4 sea days to Canal which all adds up to six days aboard to Aruba.

It’s Pinnacle Grill tonight. Hopefully some pics from today will follow.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Our roll call meet and greet was this morning. Seth came and talked to us just as @lindaler promised. 

6D47763C-E05B-475C-9291-57D071F87F88.thumb.jpeg.9ca151e58451db94e474713c5ee96164.jpeg

I think Linda said 25 people showed up. Seth was the highlight for sure. 

I was able to get a picture of Jane, Linda and myself. 

8434B12D-C649-47E7-841D-D0E46DDA91D0.thumb.jpeg.ec1afffcf69a2d4d07d8622d0a1ac052.jpeg

Love this pic of the family!

• Like 8

OK, finally able to load photos of our day in Kirkwall.

I mentioned this morning that we did their T11 ho-ho bus from the Kirkwall Travel Centre.  It only runs once per day, following is the schedule.

image.png.9402b4e95ed8103ccaf72e5341b31b13.png

Some scenery along the way

IMG_0150.thumb.jpg.669c571fa18eb09dcaa351914f9b0a13.jpg

IMG_0147.thumb.jpg.b3765eb4dfb298d0ed088b27668ae226.jpg

IMG_0147.thumb.jpg.b3765eb4dfb298d0ed088b27668ae226.jpgIMG_0146.thumb.jpg.979dccef87edb183bb62f6f4fd0d7535.jpg

A swan on her nest with her mate close by in the water

IMG_0141.thumb.jpg.eb8373592a41b1aaaf180210824cbb06.jpg

Skara Brae

DSC01837.thumb.jpg.5176e0f12a731301f86f7da7f8bce6e0.jpg

DSC01853.thumb.jpg.2d6a7095cf3677589dbf7c9643d0f475.jpg

Ring of Brogdar

DSC01880.thumb.jpg.474ec448857743eaa891c56a715622d1.jpgDSC01880.thumb.jpg.474ec448857743eaa891c56a715622d1.jpg

Sorry, guys, don't know why it is duplicating photos; but it took so long to finally get them uploaded, not about to delete them and start over 🤷‍♂️

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Our roll call meet and greet was this morning. Seth came and talked to us just as @lindaler promised. 

6D47763C-E05B-475C-9291-57D071F87F88.thumb.jpeg.9ca151e58451db94e474713c5ee96164.jpeg

I think Linda said 25 people showed up. Seth was the highlight for sure. 

I was able to get a picture of Jane, Linda and myself. 

8434B12D-C649-47E7-841D-D0E46DDA91D0.thumb.jpeg.ec1afffcf69a2d4d07d8622d0a1ac052.jpeg

Nice photo.

Hope you all have a fantastic cruise. 

Graham.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, bennybear said:

To tide you over, we overnighted from Athens, part of the reason I booked that cruise😀

08A812C9-438C-4702-8DA7-FB359EE68340.jpeg

7BB62A6B-5422-4D7C-AE8A-8732B3032C5F.jpeg

EF60F94D-242A-4E39-A6CB-E38E4DC9569F.jpeg

7BA79DEE-2AAC-4BF6-9214-C07E6CC1A358.jpeg

7D2511D2-A982-4F17-8CD1-C2399CBAE64D.jpeg

04313702-0840-4653-A93B-E50BB38EACDB.jpeg

73B28764-4F6A-4350-9892-3FE7C761EAD8.jpeg

04509905-9ADD-44FE-9392-77A2943F96D2.jpeg

581A41B1-0EC1-4E89-8A66-C19BE45BCE40.jpeg

A9F477ED-E9F1-490B-BFDC-EA42AC559435.jpeg

Thank you!  How in the world was that monastery built up there?  I keep looking for cruises there but none of the cruise lines I would want to sail on are going there.  Or at least they didn't when I last checked.  Something to check on again.

• Like 8

An update on the unvaccinated aide. He is a very nice guy who was afraid to get vaccinated until the last possible day he could work without it. In his wisdom he asked Sam to accompany him for his second shot which made us laugh. How is Sam supposed to get them help or home an hour away. The agency has apologized profusely for not checking this whole thing out but they say we were in such a turmoil when we fired the last person they didn’t think to check it out when he said he was vaccinated. So today they sent their nurse to do a covid test on him and will do so every week till 2 weeks after he’s vaccinated. Of course it’s too late for us to do anything to prevent us from getting sick from him. He did quarrentine for 2 weeks before coming here. He exposed us and my daughter and her husband so we’re just hoping for the best. Unbelievable, but on the bright side, he’s a very nice soft spoken guy and Sam really likes him, so as upset as we are about his only having had one shot, and not telling the agency we’re now just crossing our fingers. This has been hell for us for 4 months. I was going to change agencies but the owner of the other one told me my long care insurance company owed them $48,000;and lost all their paperwork. That made me stay with what we had. These aides make $12 an hour so how bright can they really be ? It’s very difficult to get help now in this business as well as in others. People don’t want to work. I am paying three times what he makes and the agency pays their office staff and keeps the rest.

Edited by mamaofami
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just returned on Oct. 7 from the Eurodam.  It was a wonderful cruise.  Met some awesome people including Rich who is posting on Facebook.  

Still getting back into the swing of things here and then leaving on Thursday for Denver, CO to celebrate out grandson's 7th bday. So will be off and on again until we return on Sunday....that is if our Southwest flights go!!  

Blessings to you all and looking forward to catching up with all the news. 🚢🙂

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2