Called Celebrity this morning and my wait time was…….

Lady Arwen

Zero minutes!  I called at 8:56 am EST and after listening to the recorded message and the prompt “press 1 to speak to an agent” it rang once and an agent picked up immediately.  I was so surprised, I almost didn’t answer because I assumed it was another recorded message!  Everything was handled quickly and efficiently in five minutes.  So, if you need to call, try first thing in the morning.  I was expecting to be on hold for an hour, or more.  Sometimes it pays to be the early bird!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Zero minutes!  I called at 8:56 am EST and after listening to the recorded message and the prompt “press 1 to speak to an agent” it rang once and an agent picked up immediately.  I was so surprised, I almost didn’t answer because I assumed it was another recorded message!  Everything was handled quickly and efficiently in five minutes.  So, if you need to call, try first thing in the morning.  I was expecting to be on hold for an hour, or more.  Sometimes it pays to be the early bird!

Lady Arwen it was your lucky day!

• Like 1

Fantastic! Should be interesting to see if a thread that reports good service gets 49 posts as did the (legit) complaint post about how long they were on hold.....I've Never had an issue with getting taken care of: I call/email/text my TA and in a short time, she responds and takes care of whatever!

den

• Thanks 2

Time of day is definitely key … I called in at about 5pm today (central time) and was on hold ~40 minutes before I got to a human.  Once I did it was prompt and very helpful, but the hold/wait time was a let down.

Edited by cruzer0007

Finally got through and they have no information and show no changes, although they did suggest calling back tomorrow.  FWIW, the call I received came from 305-539-6000, which is apparently Royal Caribbean International Corporate Headquarters.

Awesome you had no wait. What time did you call? I called Thursday around 2pm ET and waited 45 minutes to speak to someone about changing our cabin location. I suggested to Celebrity that they may want to consider letting us change or upgrade our cabin through the website (when originally booked there) as it would have saved me a huge amount of time and freed up the rep to take the next caller.

32 minutes ago, Sammigar said:

Awesome you had no wait. What time did you call? I called Thursday around 2pm ET and waited 45 minutes to speak to someone about changing our cabin location. I suggested to Celebrity that they may want to consider letting us change or upgrade our cabin through the website (when originally booked there) as it would have saved me a huge amount of time and freed up the rep to take the next caller.

I called the Captains Club this morning around 9:15 AM MST and my wait time was less than 5 minutes and questioned answered. 

On 10/21/2021 at 7:28 PM, Stockjock said:

3 calls today.  First disconnected.  Second time, agent had bad connection & couldn't hear me.  Still on hold for the 3rd time as I write this.  Total hold time, 3.5 hours, so far.

I could have written that!  We, on the west coast are really at a disadvantage.

• Like 2

In our experience, calling to book a new cruise is a much shorter wait than calling to modify an existing cruise.  Recently I called to upgrade a room, but selected the wrong option (for book a new cruise)-- got someone almost immediately but then when I explained what I wanted to do I was transferred to a different line where I held for 30m.

I've recently had some waits that were only a few minutes or virtually nil.  However, yesterday, I had a wait of about 30 minutes to speak to a person and another roughly 30 minutes to be transferred to a supervisor.

On 10/23/2021 at 7:36 PM, mkam2821 said:

If you're booked through a ta wait time MUCH longer than If you're either booked through celebrity or looking to book 45 minutes vs 2

Not sure I track this. If you have a question about your cruise booked through a TA why are you calling Celebrity? 

call/email/text your TA. 

den

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2021 at 2:41 PM, Denny01 said:

Not sure I track this. If you have a question about your cruise booked through a TA why are you calling Celebrity? 

call/email/text your TA. 

den

Celebrity has a department with those booked through a TA, perhaps you want to purchase dinner or shore excursions over the phone or have a questions specifically about Celebrity. They will no more than a TA and I was calling about the Amex offer (charge $500 get back $159 credit) as I was getting different answers from Amex and Celebrity as well as my TA. Finally had Amex chat escalate it so that I got my answer IN WRITING!!

• Thanks 1

I find it very dispiriting dealing with Celebrity. It has made me consider trying other lines. 

Waited a short time to book a B2B Alaska & Pacific in 2023 on Saturday. English guy quoted me the price I calculated with my 10% military discount and we discussed by OBC as i had a deposit which I booked onboard Silhouette in September. Low and behold they were not included - the OBC or the 10% discount. 

Called today as day off and waited 45 minutes to be be cut off 5 minutes into chat with an off-shore Celebrity Rep. Second off-shore rep really could not understand me, or why I was perturbed about not getting the discount and OBC. She could not recalculate. She told me that the original guy would call me back and refused my enquiry to speak to a supervisor. Yeh! I have had many a Celebrity rep plan to phone me back..... Typically if he does call I will be out with the dog/driving/at work. Really annoying.

I think part of Xs problem is allowing people to recalculate prices numerous times. Thus many extra calls. 

Been on hold 1 hour and 24 min so far.  And the most frustrating part - they are asking me to call (called us and left a voice mail since we weren't home) and confirm vaccination, even though 1) our vaccination information is viewable in the App for the cruise in question, and 2) we just sailed in September so Celebrity should have our information on file!  This is ridiculous.