Ports allowing "unvaccinated"

tx121

We are trying to plan our cruise for summer 2022 but are unsure which ports are allowing "unvaccinated" guests to explore independently/ without a RCL "bubble tour". We have a 4 year old in the group who cannot get the vaccination.  We understand that the person in the room with the child will also become "unvaccinated". 

The 4 yr old wouldn't mind not getting off the ship, but the adult in the same room would.

Besides CocoCay, what are the other Caribbean ports that don't require a bubble tour to get off the ship?

Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, tx121 said:

We are trying to plan our cruise for summer 2022 but are unsure which ports are allowing "unvaccinated" guests to explore independently/ without a RCL "bubble tour". We have a 4 year old in the group who cannot get the vaccination.  We understand that the person in the room with the child will also become "unvaccinated". 

The 4 yr old wouldn't mind not getting off the ship, but the adult in the same room would.

Besides CocoCay, what are the other Caribbean ports that don't require a bubble tour to get off the ship?

Thanks for the info.

I have to ask...how does somebody become unvaccinated?

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

I have to ask...how does somebody become unvaccinated?

"Unvaccinated " means even if you the adult is vaccinated,  if you have a child with you who is Unvaccinated ..you are not allowed to enter vaccinated areas on the ship. If going ashore with the child you are considered Unvaccinated. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

If the child remains on the ship, and everyone else in your group is vaccinated, then your group is considered vaccinated.

You are only in an unvaccinated group when the 4  yr old is with you.

Are you sure this is true from Royal Caribbean?  I don't think Royal gives out vaccine bracelets for just an excursion.  And to the OP, why are you leaving a 4 year old on the ship?  Some adult must have to stay on board as well.

4 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I don't think Royal gives out vaccine bracelets for just an excursion.

Everyone besides the unvax kid already has bracelet indicating they are vax, it's just that when the kid is with them, they are considered unvax, even with the bracelet.

13 hours ago, tx121 said:

Thanks for the info.

Like everything in life, when you are in a group, you must follow the "lowest" person in the group.  So, if a country (not the port) requires you to have a vaccine and you have a child that is below the acceptable age, you may still be find per local laws.  Plus, the laws of different countries change weekly, and so the ship will comply with those changes as announced.  You are talking about 6-9 months from now, so no one can answer your question.  However, you can google each country to get the latest rules/laws

46 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

And to the OP, why are you leaving a 4 year old on the ship? 

There’s cartoons on the tv - that plus a bag of Cheetos and what 4-tear old isn’t happy for a few hours? And before anyone gets upset, yes, lock the door to the balcony. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

And to the OP, why are you leaving a 4 year old on the ship?  

1 hour ago, zekekelso said:

There’s cartoons on the tv - that plus a bag of Cheetos and what 4-tear old isn’t happy for a few hours? And before anyone gets upset, yes, lock the door to the balcony. 

Not sure if you know....there is a place called Adventure Ocean which is the children's center where they do fun age appropriate activities with staff supervision.  

We have used the kids club in the past when there were age restrictions on certain excursions like scuba or jet skis. After the excursion we would pick the kids up and go back out and tour the rest of the day. A lot of the times they would complain about having to leave the camp.  

If not I guess I can ask the stateroom attendant to offer the bag of cheetos during lunch and to make sure to lock the door behind so the 4 yr old doesn't escape 🤣 (Sarcasm of course)

Edited by tx121
  • Like 1

From what we saw on the allure in October, they are also definitely enforcing this. There was a family with young children ahead of us in line trying to get off in Saint Martin, and they wouldn’t let them off because the kids weren’t vaxxed. The family seemed surprised. I’m not sure if they had no idea, or if they thought it wouldn’t be enforced. But they were not allowed off the ship. 

4 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Are you sure this is true from Royal Caribbean?  I don't think Royal gives out vaccine bracelets for just an excursion.  And to the OP, why are you leaving a 4 year old on the ship?  Some adult must have to stay on board as well.

We were on the Liberty last month and were given arm bands to wear denoting vaccinated status.  No arm band, you are considered unvaccinated. 

When we took our then 4 y/o DGD along 10 years ago she wanted to stay on the ship and go to "school" as she called the youth center.  She really liked it and did not want to spend much time aboard with us.  Grandma stayed on the ship with her. 

I'm on the explorer right now.  I was told...unless you book a RCCL excursion (and show proof) adventure Ocean time is limited to certain blocks. Imagine the morning group having to pickup by noon...afternoon drop off pick up by 5pm and so on.  The only way to combine blocks was. RcCL tour.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, drusierdmd said:

I'm on the explorer right now.  I was told...unless you book a RCCL excursion (and show proof) adventure Ocean time is limited to certain blocks. Imagine the morning group having to pickup by noon...afternoon drop off pick up by 5pm and so on.  The only way to combine blocks was. RcCL tour.  

If you don't mind asking...is it any RCL shore excursion tour or is it an exclusive "bubble tour" for unvaccinated guests? Thanks for any info you can find!

1 hour ago, drusierdmd said:

Well this sucks...and hoping that time limit has changed by end of April 2022.

We are on RCCL Navigator of the Seas.  Currently the families with young unvaccinated children eat on a separate floor of the dining room and sit in one of the balconies of the Theatre.  All adults are required to be vaccinated.   We all are wearing a special band to designate us as vaccinated so we can go into vaccinated only areas.  
Families with UV children are required to go on ship excursions to maintain a bubble as much as possible in order to get off.  This has been well announced and in print so it should be no surprise. It’s the companies way of keeping the children safe.   We all want cruising to make a comeback and be a safe way to travel.  The families onboard now that could not get off and we are in a port seem to be enjoying a quieter pool and having fun.