Would you cruise if masks required indoors?

oskidunker

Would you do a cruise if masks are required?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise if masks required inside the ship?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/21/2022 at 08:00 AM

We have aSept cruise from Southampton with sons family. No one is sure they would go if masks are required. Long way away so we have time but am leaning towards not going. I understand why masks are required?

Edited by oskidunker
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, kjmvacation said:

If masks were not required indoors at a time like this, we would seriously reconsider the safety and sanity of cruising at this time. 

Good point.  Obviously, there is resistance to a mask requirement.  However, there certainly also are people who might choose not to cruise on a line that does not require masking and other precautions.  For example, it's apparent that there are some people who also object to a vaccination requirement, pre-cruise testing requirement, ship excursion only  requirements, and social distancing being imposed by cruise lines or port nations as well as those who would not cruise on a line that doesn't take such precautions.  At a minimum, perhaps the question ought to be revised to include a response "I would not sail without a mask requirement" 

Edited by Bluewake
  • Like 5

We sailed in Late October on the Allure and had to wear masks almost everywhere indoors.  We are fully vaccinated so there were some limited areas where we didn't need to wear them.  However, even if that hadn't been the case we still would have enjoyed ourselves.  

My DW is asthmatic thus masks or no masks makes little difference as it is often difficult for her to wear one.  Right now not a good time to cruise for now as masks are not the real issue for most.  All manner of uncertainty from cancelled flights to having no idea as to the rules on board or what happens with ports.  We have always loved just wandering about the cities or organizing tours.

I may not have a choice on an upcoming March Apex cruise…it’s been lifted and shifted and had FCC’s applied..even Celebrity can’t tell me the value of it..so if I cancel due to masks, no telling what I’ll end up with. Hopefully, cooler heads prevail by then. 

• Like 1

I hate the mask - probably because I have been picking them up at my job for 2 years.  If I really thought they helped, I wouldn't mind.  That being said, because of few people traveling right now, we are going on the Apex in a couple of days and you know what - I gotta wear a mask.  Not thrilled - but, will abide by the rules to sail.  We are outside most of the time, so in the end, very little impact.  However, if it is this way in September for our Alaskan cruise, you can count me out.

• Like 3

We did it in September on a Royal ship and it was ok. We would take them off when we got outside. We would take them off when we sat down in a bar. It was different in that at that time, if you were in a vaccinated venue, you didn’t have to wear them inside.

We cruised twice in December with Princess and masks were required while indoors except when eating and drinking, it wasn't all that bad and we learned to live with it. We are not sailing again until June on the Equinox, hopefully things will be back to normal by then.

Edited by MISTER 67

No.  Went on a Disney cruise in November that required it.  Wearing the mask for 7-8 hours a day while paying for a vacation was not pleasant for me.  If lines start mandating it, ill just pass on cruising and do land trips in the south instead.  

We arent booking cruises in advance anymore either - any cruise we go on will be booked within 4 weeks of sailing until we get back to normal.

Edited by Stealthdog
  • Like 3

If I cancel my upcoming cruise in Feb..it will because of mask requirements indoors. We have never had mandatory masking and I only were them at healthcare facilities and for the short time I am in a grocery store. Even at restaurants you wear them until you are seated..which makes no sense..but if it makes people feel comfortable..so be it... but paying thousands to go someplace.. I do not want to wear masks..I can go to the beach in Florida and not have to do that...... So I am watching the masking requirements.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

We cruised twice in December with Princess and masks were required while indoors except when eating and drinking, it wasn't all that bad and we learned to live with it. We are not sailing again until June on the Equinox, hopefully things will be back to normal by then.

We were on the Sky Princess on 4 Dec, masks were required we had no issues. Enjoyed our cruise. I’ll be on the Apex in April for my birthday and I can’t wait 😜 😷

We were on a B2B2B in this past September/October where masks were required inside. It did not bother us - I wear one when out an about in Colorado whether they are required or not. We are planning on cruising for a month starting February 14th and will follow the requirements in place at that time.

No. I support masking and I believe it prevents pandemic spread, so I'm not an anti masker. They have been required by law here in all public spaces for over a year. I just don't want to wear them on a cruise, so I'd prefer not to cruise until I can go without. I don't want cruises to reduce their safety protocols.

That being said, I want my cruise to be relaxing. I don't want to worry about a pandemic. So I'd prefer to wait until I am comfortable cruising without a mask, regardless of how long that takes.

I like to sit at the bar and chat with strangers and interact with people. I don't want to have a care in the world.

Edited by SusieV
  • Like 9