The Daily for Tuesday 01/11/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, Suslor said:

The CC gremlins have been after me for a week😱. Wish they’d fix the problem. Like @ger_77i buy clothes by weight. Too heavy and it doesn’t make the cut no matter how much I like it unless I can figure out how to wear it on land. 75% of my travel shopping is for dinner clothes. My DH and I dress every night for dinner- it’s part of our cruise experience and the opposite of our dinner in front of the TV. We never did before, it was always at the dining room table, but when we got off the Maasdam in March 2020 we were so starved for news about what was happening with the C - word that we were glued to the tv and haven’t broken the habit yet. Hopefully our February cruises will be the warm. 

Prayers for all who need it especially Tana and Jose and cheers for all celebrating negative test, birthdays, new family members and new exercise bikes!

would love to see a picture of Miss Camilla ❤️.

This was taken right before Christmas. She looks like a woman with a lot to tell us!

6600.jpeg

• Like 28

41 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Looking at the photos of Tasmania...did anyone see wombats there?  I can tell from photos that at least @sailingdutchywent to the same animal preserve that we did.  There were baby wombats there that were adorable.  I really wish I had a picture.  As I recall, they were all snuggled in blankets with a caretaker, so we couldn't get very good photos.  If you google baby wombats, you'll see what I mean.  Cuddly!

2 Tasmanian wombat pics

1655764338_541-Wombat.thumb.JPG.865dfc57eb5633e31b690a23c1fefedf.JPG

557116831_553-Wombat.thumb.JPG.9698314cc197c69f496ea014cce18e86.JPG

@smitty34877 Thanks for the picture of Miss Camilla. Love those rosy cheeks!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

@Cruising-along So sorry to hear of the death of two of the women you worked with. Prayers for you and their families.

1 hour ago, highland cruiser said:

So sorry to hear about your friends.  Sending prayers for strength and comfort to you and your friend's families.

59 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

@Cruising-alongCarolyn, that is very sad news about your friends.  And probably very, very jarring to you.  My sincere condolences.  😞

52 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, my condolences on the loss of your co-workers and friends.  What a shock that was.

27 minutes ago, irishjim said:

So  sorry  for  the  loss  your friends,  May  they  both  RIP and  the  lord 

comfort  their  famlies.

Jim.

Thank you all for your concern and comments.  I'm learning that there are several mutual friends who had no idea....we weren't close friends, but when you work along side someone for 10 years, it's jarring to get this news.  

• Like 14

29 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

This was taken right before Christmas. She looks like a woman with a lot to tell us!

6600.jpeg

Terry, this picture is just what we needed to see today.  I keep thinking she can't get any cuter, but I guess I'm wrong.

I found this on Facebook and I think there are times this happens to all of us.

May be an image of text that says 'You know you're in trouble when the little voices in your head start a chat group.'

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I just got some sad news, and I'm in shock, I can't believe it.  Two women I worked with both passed away last week.  😞  One died of liver cancer that apparently wasn't diagnosed until just before Christmas (she was only in her 60's).  She kept it quiet, and nobody knew. She was working up until a few weeks before her passing.   The other had a stroke, she was about 70 and retired.  😞  

I am very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for you and the ladies' families.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@Cruising-alongI’m adding my sincere condolences to those already expressed. What a shock for you to lose not only one, but two colleagues in such a short time.  

@smitty34877thank you for sharing that beautiful photo of Miss Camilla!  She’s a beauty already, one can only imagine how she’ll look later in life!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

What a busy thread this is, takes a while to read all the posts to reach page 6 Good to see several posters multi-quoting, thank you.

Thanks for all the daily reports, lists, recipes, humour and photos.

We have been to Hobart and to Port Arthur, which is a tender port.

@Cruising-alongSending Condolences to you.

@smitty34877 thank you for the update of Tana and for sharing another photo of lovely Camilla.

@jimgev best wishes for healing after the cataract surgery.

DH had his  Pfizer  booster yesterday.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Good evening!  I’ve had a busy day, even though I haven’t left the house.  I spent some time on work for a former company that I do a little consulting for.

The picture of Camilla is so sweet!  She is just beautiful.  So far the pictures I have of Cooper are a little too intimate to share.  He is strong and healthy though, and his parents are over the moon!

@rafinmdthat was such a nice idea to list everyone who posted yesterday, plus some of the other regulars who were AWOL.  We’re a pretty fun group!  Also, I’m thrilled that you feel as if you are gaining strength and recovering from treatment.  

A story on ourselves —-.  Since we are hearing that our collection of cloth masks is not all that effective, I order some N95’s.  They arrived, I read the instructions, and off we went to The Hot Dog Box Store.  When we parked, we each picked up a mask, frowned, and looked at each other.  We couldn’t figure out how to get the darned things on!  No ear loops, but over the head rubber bands.  We are going to have to watch a YouTube video to get the technique.  We reverted to double masking with cloths, and almost no one was masked in the store except us and the employees.  Very disappointing, since on the local health department ZIP code map, we are in a shade of dark red that I didn’t know existed.  🥵

Tasmanian pictures are wonderful!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

Late for me.  Will be very quick, as I am doing last minute stuff to prepare for absence from home for 30+ days.

I will mention just a few. a few who have shared today  @rafinmd. thanks for all of your kind remembrances for such a special group.  Glad you are starting to feel stronger.  Keep up graining strength and such a beautiful attitude.  @smitty34877, Miss Camilla is gorgeous and we have all fallen in love with her.  She is the bright shining future.  I am so saddened to read your post today about Tana.  Bless you and your family for holding her and her son so close.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, I meant to ask you yesterday why are your snowbirds only there in large groups in January?  Most snowbirds stay for longer.  When we lived in Florida, we had our Canadian friends for almost 6 months.  

I will post when I can in the next few days until I get to Hawaii on Sunday.  Don't know why my DSis has planned from tomorrow till Saturday.

Take care everyone!  Later!

Mary Kay

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Late for me.  Will be very quick, as I am doing last minute stuff to prepare for absence from home for 30+ days.

I will mention just a few. a few who have shared today  @rafinmd. thanks for all of your kind remembrances for such a special group.  Glad you are starting to feel stronger.  Keep up graining strength and such a beautiful attitude.  @smitty34877, Miss Camilla is gorgeous and we have all fallen in love with her.  She is the bright shining future.  I am so saddened to read your post today about Tana.  Bless you and your family for holding her and her son so close.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, I meant to ask you yesterday why are your snowbirds only there in large groups in January?  Most snowbirds stay for longer.  When we lived in Florida, we had our Canadian friends for almost 6 months.  

I will post when I can in the next few days until I get to Hawaii on Sunday.  Don't know why my DSis has planned from tomorrow till Saturday.

Mary Kay

Safe travels, Mary Kay!

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Mary Kay

There various reasons why the snowbirds are here in bigger numbers in January.  There are always some that come in the fall.  Some wait until after Thanksgiving when they have Christmas with their families before heading south, while others stay until after Christmas to head south. 

Our numbers always get bigger in January because of the big a shows in January.  The original is the Pow Wow, a gem and mineral show that started it all many, many years ago.  There is also Tyson Wells Sell-a-Rama, a big vendor show.  Finally, there is the big tent, aka Sports, Vacation and Sports Show, aka RV Show plus several other vendor areas in town.   A lot of snowbirds who winter in Yuma, Phoenix and other places come in for two or three weeks to go to the shows and to shop.  Then there are people from Arizona and California who come in on the weekends.

All the locals and all the others who are here for several months, breathe a big sign of relief when February 1 rolls around.  By Marcj, crowds are mostly gone, and Quartzsite is once again a small, sleepy town. 

Mary Kay, have a safe trip and  cruise.

Lenda 

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Wow, I left this morning, and a novel has appeared.  Fixed myself a cup of tea, and realized I hadn't had a drop from page two until now.  I did however hear the dryer go off, so i went and checked it, and the clothes are no where near dry.  Think it's time for a new dryer.  Are they supposed to last more than 20 years?

@dobiemom Have a great cruise from NOLA, my favorite town to munch my way through. I have done precruise visit, and I have done post cruise visit.  Both had a down side.  The pre cruise visit, we had taken a Megabus, on I think the coldest day of the year,  and none of us could sleep. (there were 6 of us)  So we get to NOLA early in  the morning, and check into the Staybridge, and DH and I walked off to the WWII museum.  One couple decided to take the trolley through the Garden District.  And the third couple of ladies, said the heck with it, and went to bed so they could go out in the evening.

DH and I were so tired, that we sat down for one of the performances about D Day and we both fell asleep in the dark, until the bombing began, and since this is realistic, the water was splashing on us and woke us up in a hurry.  The couple on the trolley?  Fell asleep, and were woken by the trolley conductor at the end of the line.  Our lady friends slept all day, and then had a wild time that night.

Post cruise, we decided mid afternoon on a winters day, to do a bus tour of the city.  The driver spent so much time going over Katrina and his grandmothers neighborhood, that by the time we got to the cemetary, it was closing and we got thrown out, and the rest of the tour was spend in the dark  And we saw nothing.  When I realized we were in walking distance from our hotel, we asked the bus driver to stop, and we walked back to the hotel.

Have a great time, in a great city before and after your cruise!

@Cruising-along I am so sorry to hear about your friends.  Not being diagnosed in a timely manner is basically courtesy of Covid. 

@rafinmdYou do such a fantastic job keeping up with all of us, and I thank you for being GREAT! 

Thank you all that posted pictures today, they are fantastic!  My boyfriend in college used to refer to me as a wombat.  I don't think he knew they were so cute!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

6600.jpeg

Thanks @smitty34877  I appreciate your posting the picture.  Her eyes look like she knows exactly what she’s going to say the minute she can talk. What a party we’ll have on the Daily when she turns one ❤️😘. Susan

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

6600.jpeg

Such a beauty!  I really needed this today, she's adorable!  

3 hours ago, JAM37 said:

I am very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for you and the ladies' families.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@Cruising-alongI’m adding my sincere condolences to those already expressed. What a shock for you to lose not only one, but two colleagues in such a short time. 

Thank you, I appreciate it.  Still in shock I think..

3 hours ago, erewhon said:

@Cruising-alongSending Condolences to you.

Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@Cruising-along I am so sorry to hear about your friends.  Not being diagnosed in a timely manner is basically courtesy of Covid.

Thank you -- I think you very well may be right about that. 😞  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thanks Debbie, my condolences to you too.  And 42 is way too young.  So sad.

I just found out my friend (another Debbie) was 55, so younger than I had thought.

Sorry to hear about your friends.

Sending you, their family and friends our deepest condolences.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1