Got Covid on Celebrity Summit. Here's the approximate timeline, for anyone interested.

Stockjock

Here are my (apparent) omicron symptoms so far, for anyone interested.

Covid-19 Timeline.

Me: Fully vaccinated & boosted (Pfizer).

Apparent Exposure: Jan. 3, 2022. Celebrity Summit.

First Symptom: Evening of Jan 5, 2022. Slight cough (1 on 10 scale).

Self-Quarantine: Immediately upon 1st symptoms.

Next Symptoms: Jan. 6, 2022. Stuffed up nose. Slightly scratchy throat for 1 day (1 on 10 scale).

Notice of Exposure: Jan 8, 2022 via CA Dept. of Health App (15 or more minutes within 6 feet of someone who tested positive).

Fever: No.

Loss of taste/smell: No.

Loss of Appetite: No.

Headache/Nausea/Diarrhea: No.

Other symptoms: Lethargic. Cold-like symptoms 2 on 10 scale.

Negative tests: Antigen Jan 7, 8, 9.

Positive tests: PCR Jan 9 (result received Jan 13). Antigen test Jan 13.

Companion's Status: My GF has no symptoms and continues to test negative.

Total Days since Exposure: 14 days.

Medications: Cabernet Sauvignon.

Current Status: Feeling pretty good. Still testing positive, although per CDC guidelines, I am probably no longer contageous. CDC recommends 5 day quarantine since exposure. I'm at 14 days since exposure.

fusion-medical-animation-rnr8D3FNUNY-unsplash-700x300.jpg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 10

Thanks for posting.

Sincere best wishes for a speedy recovery, strongly recommend you keep up the medication to prevent symptoms returning!

It does make we wonder how many less conscientious guests on cruises ignore mild symptoms (after all they feel fit enough to eat, drink and be merry) and continue to wander from bar to bar…..

• Like 4

I recall OP was on a short  New Yrs cruise.  Is there certainty abt  apparent date of exposure or could it have been on the trip home?

Good news is that OP followed protocols, had a mild case and gf did not get sick.!

8 minutes ago, hcat said:

I recall OP was on a short  New Yrs cruise.  Is there certainty abt  apparent date of exposure or could it have been on the trip home?

Good news is that OP followed protocols, had a mild case and gf did not get sick.!

I didn't realize it was that easy to pick up covid. I'm on the Edge January 30th  and will be wearing an N95 mask indoors and don't plan on conversion with anyone unless outside. How does that work in the MDR when food orders are taken? Could I pick up from wait staff when being served?

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I didn't realize it was that easy to pick up covid. I'm on the Edge January 30th  and will be wearing an N95 mask indoors and don't plan on conversion with anyone unless outside. How does that work in the MDR when food orders are taken? Could I pick up from wait staff when being served?

Wait staff will be wearing N95s also so fairly unlikely you can get exposed from them - but not impossible.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Covid-19 Timeline.

Next Symptoms: Jan. 6, 2022. Stuffed up nose. Slightly scratchy throat for 1 day (1 on 10 scale).

Notice of Exposure: Jan 8, 2022 via CA Dept. of Health App (15 or more minutes within 6 feet of someone who tested positive).

Current Status: Feeling pretty good. Still testing positive, although per CDC guidelines, I am probably no longer contageous. CDC recommends 5 day quarantine since exposure. I'm at 14 days since exposure.

🤣

Thank you!

Glad you're feeling well and I love your choice of medication!

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Omicron is extremely easy to pick up, even if vaccinated and boostered. My husband and I both caught it in december, though our symptoms were much more substantial than the OPs. My husband still can't walk very far without getting out of breath. I receive all of the covid tests at my job, and vaccinated people are catching it left and right (we probably get 8-10 people testing positive a day out of 1200 employees). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Covid-19 Timeline.

s - do you think a burgundy blend or merlot would work, too???

LOL

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Omicron is extremely easy to pick up, even if vaccinated and boostered. My husband and I both caught it in december, though our symptoms were much more substantial than the OPs. My husband still can't walk very far without getting out of breath. I receive all of the covid tests at my job, and vaccinated people are catching it left and right (we probably get 8-10 people testing positive a day out of 1200 employees). 

Oh my sorry to hear that and hope he's better soon. We are retired and do not mix with anyone apart from a few family who have all had mild cases of covid during Xmas. I'm hoping with N95 masks being outdoors most times and social distancing will be key in staying healthy. I've already cruised a couple months ago it was fine realize things very different now. Fortunately my flights are not full at least right now. 

• Like 2

I believe CDC recommends if positive you need to isolate for 5 days post symptoms and if resolved you are free to go out with strict masking for 5 more days   If still symptomatic you need to isolate for the full 10 days.  If fully vaccinated and exposed you are free to go out with mask until test positive where you need to isolate and follow above guidelines. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

My initial thought was that I got covid on the flight home.  However, I later looked at the date of exposure as per the CA Health Dept app.  That exposure occurred on Jan. 3rd.  I left the ship on Jan 4th.  Exposure on Jan. 3rd (on Summit) would be consistent with the rest of the timeline.

4 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

You're gonna make it...not even a tough cold..I had the same over the Holidays.  

How does California track people?  Sounds a little freaky to me.  

I believe most or all states and most countries have a similar app. The way they work is that if they are enabled, they exchange information anonymously with other telephones that are nearby. If later somebody reports that they were Covid positive, a code is entered which will alert everybody that you spent at least 15 minutes around, and were within 6 feet of.

It is not perfect, but I found it to be helpful. Obviously it only works to the extent that people utilize it, but I was very diligent about reporting my case as soon as I found out about it. 

I know some people feel that it is some deep dark conspiracy to track us, and I don’t feel that that is likely the case.

73AAC323-B1F5-4289-9C33-E84B60A405E9.jpeg

9E5A3289-9E62-425D-8642-724B7121EA8C.jpeg

45F02CFB-8A33-4831-86FE-084538DBF2C1.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I believe most or all states and most countries have a similar app. The way they work is that if they are enabled, they exchange information anonymously with other telephones that are nearby. If later somebody reports that they were Covid positive, a code is entered which will alert everybody that you spent at least 15 minutes around, and were within 6 feet of.

It is not perfect, but I found it to be helpful. Obviously it only works to the extent that people utilize it, but I was very diligent about reporting my case as soon as I found out about it. 

I know some people feel that it is some deep dark conspiracy to track us, and I don’t feel that that is likely the case.

73AAC323-B1F5-4289-9C33-E84B60A405E9.jpeg

9E5A3289-9E62-425D-8642-724B7121EA8C.jpeg

45F02CFB-8A33-4831-86FE-084538DBF2C1.jpeg

So to track someone,  that person would also need to have the app turned on and report testing positive? 

If I might ask as I'm sure you have quietly thought about it, exactly when and how do you think you actually caught C19?

Prior to the pandemic when I would on occasion start to feel the symptoms of bronchitis, I would think back around 5-6 days and try to remember how I might have picked it up. Most of the time I can visualize that initial "transfer" moment, and of course, try to learn from that humbling moment.

Any words of wisdom you would like to share?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

About two weeks before our recent cruise, I was notified by New York's app that I was near someone (6 feet/15 minutes). The only place I thought that might have happened was in the NYC subway. I never developed any symptoms and subsequent tests were negative.

The NY app works via Bluetooth. I senses when another smartphone with the app is near you for a period of time. It generates anonymous codes for each phones, and when one phone reports being positive, it alerts the other phone about the possible exposed. It is all done without private information being revealed.

43 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask as I'm sure you have quietly thought about it, exactly when and how do you think you actually caught C19?

Prior to the pandemic when I would on occasion start to feel the symptoms of bronchitis, I would think back around 5-6 days and try to remember how I might have picked it up. Most of the time I can visualize that initial "transfer" moment, and of course, try to learn from that humbling moment.

Any words of wisdom you would like to share?

I'm not sure, but if I had to guess...

My GF loves to dance.  I hate to dance and am not particularly good at it.  But if I don't dance periodically, I might not have a GF, lol.  So she insisted that we dance several times at the Revelations Lounge(?) at the front of the ship, and while we tried to distance, it was often hard to do so.

So if I had to guess, that would be my best guess.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I'm not sure, but if I had to guess...

My GF loves to dance.  I hate to dance and am not particularly good at it.  But if I don't dance periodically, I might not have a GF, lol.  So she insisted that we dance several times at the Revelations Lounge(?) at the front of the ship, and while we tried to distance, it was often hard to do so.

So if I had to guess, that would be my best guess.

Thanks. Their dance floor can get a little tight if there are a lot of people. I'm guessing you danced without a mask on. I'm not judging, just trying to understand.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1