Breakfast in Blu vs Elite breakfast in Tuscan?

fstuff1

I'm going in Aquaclass for the 1st time in April transatlantic on the Apex.

I read that Blu also offers breakfast.

I usually eat breakfast in Tuscan because Elite.

What's the differences between the 2 breakfasts?

14 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

Blu offers a full line of breakfasts including lots of cooked entrees while the Elite breakfast is just a few nice cold platters. 

1 minute ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Tuscan  is just continental breakfast offering cold plates.  Blu offers cooked options

How different is the Blu breakfast from the main dining room breakfast?

Why limit yourself. We have a hot breakfast at Luminae or Blu then go to the Elite event that ends at 10am. For more food, drinks and the view if your on the S Class ships. 

I'm not sure where the E Class ships hold the morning CC event. I hope it is not at that dark hole with no windows they call The Club. Thats where we have the evening CC event.

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

Blu has some healthier options such as oatmeal with many toppings and smoothies.  They also usually have quicker service.  For us, Blu is the only reason we book Aqua class.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, YesICruise said:

I think Blu suits early risers, but late risers may not make it to Blu without feeling really rushed. On those lazy mornings the Elite breakfast is available for a bit longer. 

Greetings

Just note that on Apex the Elite breakfast was a very limited menu.  Don't expect a full breakfast selection.

Good Sailing

Tom

We also book Aqua for Blu. It's a smaller restaurant than the MDR and I think the service is a little more personal. Maybe a little healthier, with eggs you get mushrooms, asparagus & a couple of potatoes. The sliced fruit plate is really nice with melons, pineapple & berries. When we get home from a Celebrity cruise my husband asks every morning "where's my fruit plate from Blu?" 🤣

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

Blu has some healthier options such as oatmeal with many toppings and smoothies.  They also usually have quicker service.  For us, Blu is the only reason we book Aqua class.

Oddly hot oatmeal isn't listed on the menu for breakfast at Blu. I requested it and got it but it's not on the printed menu. This was the case on the Edge and the Summit since the restart. yet it's on the Luminae breakfast menu on the Apex. 

17 minutes ago, tunaman2011 said:

Greetings

Just note that on Apex the Elite breakfast was a very limited menu.  Don't expect a full breakfast selection.

Good Sailing

Tom

No hot choices at all, not even oatmeal.

Breakfast in Blu is about the same as breakfast in the MDR excepted it doesn’t have as many options as the MDR.   Supposedly the entrees are healthier but eggs are eggs, bacon is bacon, bagels are bagels and etc

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

20 minutes ago, verizon said:

Elite breakfast you may order Mimosa, Bloody Mary for free and also special coffee that you get from Al Bacio. 

Greetings

Yes, they have those things but with most passengers having the bev package the free stuff is not much of a perk anymore.  I guess the one good thing is that they start the Elite breakfast before the bars open and you can get your bloody or mimosa first thing in the morning if so desired.

Good Sailing

Tom

Edited by tunaman2011

We often sleep in and enjoy that the Elite light continental is perfect because it is open later than Blu or Luminae. 

Other's have also indicated that both Blu and Luminae offer a full breakfast while the Elite offers a continental style breakfast.   Both enjoyable. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tunaman2011 said:

Greetings

Yes, they have those things but with most passengers having the bev package the free stuff is not much of a perk anymore.  I guess the one good thing is that they start the Elite breakfast before the bars open and you can get your bloody or mimosa first thing in the morning if so desired.

Good Sailing

Tom

I've never done the Elite breakfast so will give it a try next week on the Edge January 30. I did the simply sail so would live to have a mimosa. Do they also serve Bellinis? 

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I've never done the Elite breakfast so will give it a try next week on the Edge January 30. I did the simply sail so would live to have a mimosa. Do they also serve Bellinis? 

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Nice to see that you would live for it instead of to die for.

They do offer Bellinis and also their sparkling wine, and I think mimosas.   

The first cruise that we were elite I had a Bloody Mary.  It was really watered down when I got it as they were made in pitchers.   We also had the drink pack so I never bothered having any thing else.   We also mostly sail in AQ so we use Blu. 

There were times that we were in a verandah and had breakfast in the MDR, Spa cafe, or room service.  

There are a lot of choices no matter what category you sail in.  

Other than the drinks and feeling exclusive there are a lot of better options.  

The buffet is great and has the same stuff.  We have gone there and took it back to our cabin to sit in the balcony

Something for everyone and a lot of variety and choices 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

11 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

A bit fancier, much less busy.  I like the quiet in the morning as much as I like better service and slight upgraded food.  I think they also offer smoothies in Blu, I think.

Let‘s be honest - if the “Elite” breakfast wouldn’t call on the vanities of people and a breakfast like that would be served elsewhere, people would complain about the lack of choice. 😉

Tried it once - not impressed 🤷🏻

MDR is better and BLU much much better.

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

Let‘s be honest - if the “Elite” breakfast wouldn’t call on the vanities of people and a breakfast like that would be served elsewhere, people would complain about the lack of choice. 😉

Tried it once - not impressed 🤷🏻

MDR is better and BLU much much better.

On S class it is a really nice way to start the day…lie in a bit longer, doesn’t close until 10 so no rush….Bellini or two, light breakfast leaving space for lunch and that wonderful wake view…

• Like 1