The Daily for Saturday 01/22/2022

richwmn

Good morning! ☀️ Also a cold one at our house, but not Canada-cold so I’m okay with that.  My husband has thinner blood than I have, however, so he’s not as forgiving.  *cough*wuss*cough*

I love when cats talk to me.  I actively fight the urge to get one because we travel so often.  I would love a Siberian.  Maybe one day.

Someone else can have my blonde brownie and gnocchi.  

I just purchased polka dot slippers at the dollar store!  For some reason this pic makes them look like I have planks for feet.  I really don’t.  😂

6ABA7294-E815-437F-B053-2CB4C0493B00.thumb.jpeg.166c2b3fb233db069acab74c422582c3.jpeg

The quote is very thought-provoking.  🤔

@mamaofami, I am so very sorry to hear of your trials in gaining a competent and capable aide for your husband.  I hope this next one is everything you hope for.

@ger_77, I am so sad that you had to cancel your cruise; especially because it’s due to your husband’s medical issues.  Wishing for a successful surgery and lots more cruises coming your way soon.

Very heartfelt and warm wishes to all who are dealing with physical and mental health issues, and anyone else who just needs a big hug.  I hope life’s challenges go easy on you today.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report and lists.  Fun collection of days although I thought cats gave orders rather than ask questions!  I think that I’ll pass on the meal suggestion today although I do like pesto.  The drink reminds me of the Kentucky Derby for some reason.  I like the quote.  It’s cold here this morning 15°F so I think I’ll be doing interior chores today.  I haven’t been to today’s port so looking forward to seeing the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today.  @grapau27 how is the healing from your recent Mohs surgery coming along?  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today.

Thank you for asking.

It seems to be healing very well.

I have been putting Bio Oil on the scar.

Graham.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Only 31 degrees!  We will go up to the low to mid 40's and sun this afternoon.  Thank you Lord!  We need to get out for some groceries so maybe later.  Today is laundry day too.  Interesting collection of days.  I have a couple of polka dot dresses, one black and the other navy, both with white polka dots.  I like to wear casual dresses to dinner while cruising at least half the time.  I wish I was cruising soon!  Next scheduled is late June and I'm not sure whether we will be going or not. ☹️  I think I'll pass on the menu suggestion.  No I haven't been to Nagasaki.  The last time we had that port was my birthday!

Prayers said this morning while on the treadmill for our Care list and everyone in my family and friend group in need.  DD told me our DSIL says he thinks people may have been overly optimistic on his Mom's condition because she seems pretty bad to him.  Apparently having a new diagnosis to check out doesn't mean she is suddenly recovered.  They are having problems controlling her high blood pressure which could be the reason for the PRES.  I hope to hear better news in the next few days.  This worries me.

Cheers to everyone on the Celebration list and everyone else enjoying family visits, cruises, better health, etc.  @grapau27looks like you and Pauline are doing what you said you planned on doing, enjoying life to the fullest.  What a positive way to live!  Thanks for the food pics.  @mamaofamiI would call yesterday's aide a disaster.  I wouldn't have her back either.  Hope the new male aide works out well so he and Kati can rotate on and off until you come up with a better plan.  Prayers for you and Sam!  I concur about the Barkeeper's friend Cleanser Terri mentioned.  It's much gentler than regular cleansers.  I use it on my shiny saucepans when they get discolored, for instance DH uses one to heat up pinto beans and they always leave marks inside.  A quick scour with Barkeeper"s Friend and they are shiny and brand new looking instantly.

Happy Birthday wishes today for oldest DGS Tyler on his 24th birthday.  He is the third GC to have a January birthday!  🎂❤️🎉

Thank you Sandi.

Prayers 🙏 for your daughter's mother in law that she is not as poorly as your son in law thinks.

Happy 24th Birthday to your grandson Tyler.

Graham.

CF584717-26A5-44A4-97D1-8B0594A9F898.gif.4dead2d84240e63b1802ba524077b0af.gif

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Just heard from DD who now has what she feels is a mild case of covid, but Lucy is doing better. Thank you all for your prayers.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi I am sad to hear about DSIL's Mom.

Happy birthday to Tyler.

Sorry to hear your daughter thinks she has Covid and prayers 🙏 it is only a cold.

Good to hear Lucy is doing better Julia.

Graham.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich.

Blonde Brownie’s sound good.  Answering your cat can be fun.  Just don’t try negotiating with one 😉 

CE227745-2334-4FD1-B26B-A6E044828EB2.thumb.jpeg.eb2051388433cf4f36f80b06f782f8cb.jpeg

Excellent quote today.  We were still in frozen tundra weather this morning 😔 When I took Marley out, it was - 31.  I didn’t even dare to look what the ‘feels like’ weather was with the wind chill.  

9D05F0F8-1E27-4E23-9EEF-FE5D7F1503B3.thumb.jpeg.44e57ea319eff08f1c168a592633a5e9.jpeg

3 hours ago, mamaofami said:

She will not be coming back. Today, we have Kati back and tomorrow a new man. I’ve got my fingers crossed that he works because then we can alternate between Kati and him.

Yikes on Helen 😱 Glad you got Kati back and hopefully the new man works out tomorrow 🙏. So sorry you’ve had such a hard time finding help 😔 

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

A happy triple retirement today.  3 bomb detection dogs from the University of Maryland concluded their illustrious careers working security around our many campuses.

I hope those wonderful dogs have a long and happy retirement in a fur-ever home !

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

It is a really memorable day though, as last night the government removed MOST restrictions that have been in place for the last nearly 2 years.

What great news, Colin 👍 Thank God - you’re free at last!

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

If anyone wants to read some positivity today then follow the link.  It seems that our prime minister wants us all to sing!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/freedom-today-a-new-dawn-as-two-year-nightmare-nears-end-41266450.html 

Thanks for the link!

DD told me our DSIL says he thinks people may have been overly optimistic on his Mom's condition because she seems pretty bad to him.  Apparently having a new diagnosis to check out doesn't mean she is suddenly recovered.  They are having problems controlling her high blood pressure which could be the reason for the PRES.  I hope to hear better news in the next few days.  This worries me.

I don’t blame you for being worried.  Praying you hear better news 🙏 

Happy Birthday wishes today for oldest DGS Tyler on his 24th birthday.  He is the third GC to have a January birthday!  🎂❤️🎉

Happy Birthday to Tyler!

4EA65406-9F1B-4786-BA3B-FBFC42071863.jpeg.067885cc00cfe82d44aa093ff2849ecf.jpeg

2 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Just heard from DD who now has what she feels is a mild case of covid, but Lucy is doing better. Thank you all for your prayers.

Oh dear, if your DD has covid, I hope it is a very mild case.  Hope Lucy continues to do better 🙏 

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I have to cancel our Panama Canal cruise that we were to board next Sunday out of San Diego.  I'll be speaking with our TA this afternoon and have it taken off our account.  DH has been having health issues that are going to require both a pacemaker and a couple of stents, so that's taking us off the travel map for a while. 

Oh Gerry, I’m so sorry to hear this 😔. I know how much you were looking forward to escaping your winter weather. 

Sorry to hear about DH’s health issues.  Praying that his surgery for his pacemaker & stents goes well and he recovers quickly and easily 🙏 

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

A big thank you to everyone  once again for your prayers and support  for Tana.She was able to stand for a bit with assistance at her bedside yesterday. She told us she was in a chair for about 10 minutes as well.We were very excited  to hear it.

That is really good news 👍 I hope Tana can continue to gain strength 🙏 

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I am afraid that her son is,of course,having a difficult  time.DD says he has been hard to deal with at times.He makes an effort when we have dinner together and we are grateful for that.We are actively looking for a counselor/psychologist  for him.

That sounds like a good plan to me.  Her son has been going through a difficult time for so long.  It’s bound to take it’s toll 😔 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Saturday everyone !!!!!

C04FB79B-57C4-45A9-8E99-6DD246301D51.thumb.jpeg.0ec74730f817af69898f11584b34036e.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 11

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Blonde Brownie Day?  To me they're not brownies any more; give me chocolate!  I try to answer Sochi's questions, but some days she doesn't like my answers.  Love polka dots - when I was a little girl, my mom made me a fabulous dress, black with coloured polka dots; I remember feeling like a princess whenever I wore it.

We had more snow overnight and I didn't even have to open the curtains to know that; you can tell just by the amount of light reflecting into the house to know there's been another snow drop.  Our temperature isn't bad right now (-13C or 8.6F), and I hope it stays in that area, as it's quite comfortable for us.

Well, today I have to do something I've never done before.  I have to cancel our Panama Canal cruise that we were to board next Sunday out of San Diego.  I'll be speaking with our TA this afternoon and have it taken off our account.  DH has been having health issues that are going to require both a pacemaker and a couple of stents, so that's taking us off the travel map for a while.  I'm sad, because we really needed this trip - all I wanted was for someone to take care of us for 2 weeks, cooking our food, serving our drinks, making us feel pampered, etc., but it's going to have to wait.   DH has another appointment on Feb 8th for an echocardiogram, and we'll see after that when he will have the procedures done.  On the bright side, I look great, having had my nails, hair and pedicure done this week!  LOL   I guess I'll work off my unhappiness by going out and shoveling snow - it beats eating worms.

Neither DH nor I are great fans of gnocchi, so I'll take a pass on today's menu suggestion.  I don't feel much like cooking today, so I think I'll check the online menus to see what looks good and will order in dinner for us tonight.  Maybe something expensive.  LOL   And wine.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to Tyler.

@mamaofamiyou could write a book about your horrible experiences with aides; hopefully you'll luck onto a good one, and soon!

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Jose, his medical team, Jacqui, and all our Dailyites who have health issues.  We'll raise our glasses tonight to cheer on all on the happy list.  Stay safe, keep warm, wash your hands, wear your masks, get your boosters, and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your cruise Gerry but if your husband needs 2 stents and a pacemaker fitted it is best to get that done ASAP and I'm sure his health will be a lot better after those procedures.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

I am glad to read that Ireland is getting closer to normal, but  I have a questions about why bars and restaurants closed early each night.  I don't think that  when Covid spread it mattered what time of day it was.  I don't think it cared. So I never figured out why there were early closings.  Now, all of our restaurants are closing early, not because of Covid, but because there are not enough employees to work later.  My favorite BBQ place closes at 8 now on a Friday and Saturday night...hmmm. on the other hand, they were one of the first restaurants in our area which stopped having the staff wear masks.  Now they do.....

Can't speak for Ireland, but here in Ontario bars have to close earlier during COVID because they fear alcohol may lower people's guard and the virus may spread more readily.

• Like 17

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday!    @marshhawk I also had a dotted Swiss prom dress but it was in Junior High School. It was pale blue and the dots were tiny white dots. All the cats we have had were too demanding to ask questions. I’ve never had a blondie, probably because I just don’t eat sweets very much. 

Debbie @dfish — the sun dried tomato gnocchi looks wonderful. I’ll have to remember that next time we have gnocchi. Yesterday I made spinach Gruyère quiche, I couldn’t get it off my mind after Ann @cat shepard asked us what our favorite cheese is. 

Gerry @ger_77 — so sorry you and DH had to cancel your cruise. I’m sure DH will come through the surgery well, he seems like a committed type person and will follow doctor’s orders. I think most musicians are, especially if they are part of a group. 

Graham @grapau27 — are you and Pauline on holiday?  Your food pictures have been lovely. Wherever you are have a great time!

Sandi @StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to Tyler!  We almost named our son Tyler but changed it to his middle name. Prayers for your SIL’s Mother. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Got involved in the pool and hot tubs.

Derby Spritzer: 

Ingredients
2 parts
Jim Beam® Bonded
Club Soda
Mint, Fresh
Pinch of
Sugar, Granulated
Lime Wedges

Instructions
Muddle fresh mint leaves and sugar in a highball glass. Add ice to glass then pour in Jim Beam. Top with Club Soda, to taste. Garnish with a lime wedge squeezed and dropped in.

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 11.41.49 AM.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Blonde Brownie Day?  To me they're not brownies any more; give me chocolate!  I try to answer Sochi's questions, but some days she doesn't like my answers.  Love polka dots - when I was a little girl, my mom made me a fabulous dress, black with coloured polka dots; I remember feeling like a princess whenever I wore it.

We had more snow overnight and I didn't even have to open the curtains to know that; you can tell just by the amount of light reflecting into the house to know there's been another snow drop.  Our temperature isn't bad right now (-13C or 8.6F), and I hope it stays in that area, as it's quite comfortable for us.

Well, today I have to do something I've never done before.  I have to cancel our Panama Canal cruise that we were to board next Sunday out of San Diego.  I'll be speaking with our TA this afternoon and have it taken off our account.  DH has been having health issues that are going to require both a pacemaker and a couple of stents, so that's taking us off the travel map for a while.  I'm sad, because we really needed this trip - all I wanted was for someone to take care of us for 2 weeks, cooking our food, serving our drinks, making us feel pampered, etc., but it's going to have to wait.   DH has another appointment on Feb 8th for an echocardiogram, and we'll see after that when he will have the procedures done.  On the bright side, I look great, having had my nails, hair and pedicure done this week!  LOL   I guess I'll work off my unhappiness by going out and shoveling snow - it beats eating worms.

Neither DH nor I are great fans of gnocchi, so I'll take a pass on today's menu suggestion.  I don't feel much like cooking today, so I think I'll check the online menus to see what looks good and will order in dinner for us tonight.  Maybe something expensive.  LOL   And wine.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to Tyler.

@mamaofamiyou could write a book about your horrible experiences with aides; hopefully you'll luck onto a good one, and soon!

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Jose, his medical team, Jacqui, and all our Dailyites who have health issues.  We'll raise our glasses tonight to cheer on all on the happy list.  Stay safe, keep warm, wash your hands, wear your masks, get your boosters, and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

I am so sad to hear this news, Gerry. I'll be praying for DH's health issues and that you find a spectacular cruise to replace the one you had to cancel.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday!    @marshhawk I also had a dotted Swiss prom dress but it was in Junior High School. It was pale blue and the dots were tiny white dots. All the cats we have had were too demanding to ask questions. I’ve never had a blondie, probably because I just don’t eat sweets very much. 

Debbie @dfish — the sun dried tomato gnocchi looks wonderful. I’ll have to remember that next time we have gnocchi. Yesterday I made spinach Gruyère quiche, I couldn’t get it off my mind after Ann @cat shepard asked us what our favorite cheese is. 

Gerry @ger_77 — so sorry you and DH had to cancel your cruise. I’m sure DH will come through the surgery well, he seems like a committed type person and will follow doctor’s orders. I think most musicians are, especially if they are part of a group. 

Graham @grapau27 — are you and Pauline on holiday?  Your food pictures have been lovely. Wherever you are have a great time!

Sandi @StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to Tyler!  We almost named our son Tyler but changed it to his middle name. Prayers for your SIL’s Mother. 

Have a great day everyone!

Thank you Sharon we had a couple of nights away in a hotel and just got back home.

Graham.

• Like 15

I exchanged texts with my DSIL yesterday and she is feeling better after having the IV Antibodies. I think it also helped that it was caught before getting to her lungs. With her history and COPD she sure didn’t need that. 

I had a hair appointment yesterday and, gosh, covid has gone through her family like wildfire. Thank goodness she and her DH have avoided it because he is scheduled for a cornea transplant next week. The salon had been mask free for a while but yesterday masks were required. I was happy to comply. 

• Like 26

Good morning all!

There's something bright in the sky, could that be the sun??? Our forecast is 7 days of sunshine, I'll take it!  Heavy frost this morning and fog, but we're headed for the low 50's F today.  Then the "s" word is mentioned for the end of next week - I hope it's more of a frozen mix and not snow.

I'll pass on the blonde brownies (give me chocolate or give me nothing) the meal and drink.  Cats usually answer my questions, not the other way around 😄 I like polka dots, have never been to the port of the day.

@StLouisCruisersprayers for your DSIL's Mother.  Happy 24th birthday Tyler!

@JAM37I hope your DD just has a cold and it isn't Covid -- great news that Lucy is feeling better. 🙂 

@ger_77I'm sorry you had to cancel your cruise.  I'm sure your DH will come through the surgery as good as new and you can plan more cruises. 🙂  

@smitty34877that is encouraging news about Tana.  I agree that counseling for her son would be a good idea, it has to be so hard for him.

@aliaschiefI was very surprised to hear that your base Commissary hasn't been requiring masks all along.  Our base commander has had that mandate since Covid started and we're very glad about that!!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I figured we needed something different.  We've had a couple meals that were variations of pasta and pesto recently.  The pesto is either basil or kale or could be spinach.   Sun dried tomato goes in a different direction.

@ger_77 I echo Sharon's comment.  While I went to Alaska in September, I don't think I would cruise right now anyways.  Drat that with no escape from the frozen tundra.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Ok, i just have to share this...I thought i heard the mail man, so i  put my boots on, and went out to get the mail.  I was stopped by the feral cats in need of petting, and then I heard the mail man again. Turned out he was driving angrily on the street behind us. So I waited in the plastic Adirondack chair until he passed.  But before he got to our house, I heard him on his phone, yelling at I guess, his girlfriend.

"why do you want to fight about that.  I'm not going to fight with you about Doreen.....If you want to fight with me, why don't you just bring up the past.....and we can fight about that??"

If i had had the energy, I would have run down, grabbed the phone from him, and told her, "He isnt the right one for you, move on".  Alas, I did not have the energy and poor dear, it's just another lesson she needs to learn in life.

@grapau27  Again, thanks for the food porn.  It inspired me to get up, scramble an egg and cook some sausage.  I am now ready to face the day.  I do need to get back to England, I could really love those breakfasts that you have been showing.  When I moved south, I found biscuits and gravy.  It's just another food, that I love that my dietician says I cant eat.  but beans? yup, eggs. yup, meat, yup, and taters? nope.   and are those mushrooms on the side too? 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from sunny and windy Quartzsite.  We had a chance for rain last night and this morning, but it was only a chance.

We don't have a cat, but when we did have cats, we would talk to them and hopefully answered their questions.  I don't have anything with polka dots now, but I loved the two polka dot dresses had.  Maybe I can find another dress or a shirt.  As far as blonde brownies, count me out.  Like @ger_77 Gerry, to me brownies have to be chocolate.  All others are pale (pun intended) imitations.

Interesting quote today, but I'm not sure I totally agree with it.

We'll pass on the meal as neither of us is fond of gnocchi, and we'll also pass on the drink and the wine.

We have been to Nagasaki twice -- 2002 on the APEC cruise on Volendam and 2005 on the War in the Pacific Theater cruise on Pacific Princess.  It is an easy town to walk in and to use the tram to get around.

@rafinmd  Roy two good reports, eyes not changing and PSA numbers going down.  I hope the retiring dogs find wonderful homes.

@mamaofami  Carol, after your stories of bad aides, I keep thinking they can't get worse, but then another comes along.  I will second the idea of finding a private aide.  Our neighbor hired his aide away from the agency and it worked out very well.

@Cruzin Terri  I hope you feel better soon.

@cat shepard  Ann, I got cold just looking at your winter in Canada memes.  😄 

@Heartgrove  Sorry Sam is having so much trouble with the snow.

@VMax1700  Thanks for letting us know most restrictions in Ireland have been lifted.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, sorry that your DSIL's mother is not doing that well.  Hope they find an answer to her problem soon.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Tyler.

@JAM37  Sorry your DD feels she is getting sick, but good news that DGD is doing better.

@ger_77  Gerry, it is sad whenever a cruise has to be canceled.  Hope your DH gets his pacemaker and stents soon.  They have made a world of difference for many of our friends.  I'm glad we cruised when we did, as I'm not sure I would want to right now.

@smitty34877  Terry, the news about Tana is very good.  I hope the progress continues.  Being a teenager is hard enough without having a mother who is so sick.  I hope you find someone to help her son and who he feels comfortable talking to.

@Sharon in AZ  Good news that your salon is requiring masks.  The last time I was in the one here  just before Christmas, I was the only one with a mask.  I know the owner is vaccinated, but she didn't think she would get the booster.  With all the people in town now, I'm trying to wait until the crowds thin out and she isn't so busy, but I may have to break down and cut my hair.  😱

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Ok, i just have to share this...I thought i heard the mail man, so i  put my boots on, and went out to get the mail.  I was stopped by the feral cats in need of petting, and then I heard the mail man again. Turned out he was driving angrily on the street behind us. So I waited in the plastic Adirondack chair until he passed.  But before he got to our house, I heard him on his phone, yelling at I guess, his girlfriend.

"why do you want to fight about that.  I'm not going to fight with you about Doreen.....If you want to fight with me, why don't you just bring up the past.....and we can fight about that??"

If i had had the energy, I would have run down, grabbed the phone from him, and told her, "He isnt the right one for you, move on".  Alas, I did not have the energy and poor dear, it's just another lesson she needs to learn in life.

@grapau27  Again, thanks for the food porn.  It inspired me to get up, scramble an egg and cook some sausage.  I am now ready to face the day.  I do need to get back to England, I could really love those breakfasts that you have been showing.  When I moved south, I found biscuits and gravy.  It's just another food, that I love that my dietician says I cant eat.  but beans? yup, eggs. yup, meat, yup, and taters? nope.   and are those mushrooms on the side too? 

Thank you.

Yes they were small button mushrooms.

Graham.

• Like 10

Good morning and thanks all!   love Swiss dots!   Hope to visit Nagasaki sometime soon.  Prayers for all in need. 
@cat shepard that wine sounds good,  now I have to look that one up  You have been spoiling us with the names 😉
@ger_77 I’m sorry to hear you’ve to cancel. I know how disappointing that is,  I’m sure you’ll enjoy the next one even more.  Praying all goes well for your DH.   
@mamaofami hope things settle soon for a good aide. 
@VMax1700sounds like Ireland has been handling this well with lower hospital numbers.  Ours are highest ever of the pandemic. 

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

ok, back to the polka dots...An advantage of working at an arts center for years, allowed me to see differnetn exhibits at the High Museum of art.  One exhibit was from Yayoi Kusama, an elderly Japanese woman who created some spectacular art, she had a thing with dots, and mirrors-

Yayoi Kusama Studio Infinity Mirrored Room – Filled with the Brilliance of Life 201

Absolutely stunning! 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

😎Good Morning from Oahu. We decided to hop on over to Hawaii...✈ about 5 + hours ( photo of 3 happy people waiting at airport).

😉Yesterday, I saw the Ruby Princess in port and on the 23rd the Koningsdam will arrive here. 🛳 

Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration Lists. 🙏Prayers to all in need.🙏

Katie

20220120_124928.jpg

• Like 25

Good morning, all! None of the days really apply to me, but I enjoy the quote and like the meal. I have pork marinading for Char Sui, so that’s dinner tonight. We haven’t been to today’s port.

@kazu so relieved there’s finally some better news for you, both with Jose and Marley.

@mamaofami I’m glad you have Kati back today. I hope the new aide tomorrow is a good one. It’s time you had a break!

@JAM37 sorry to hear about Covid in the family. I hope it’s mild and soon gone.

@StLouisCruisers I'm sorry to hear DSIL’s mother is not doing as well as hoped.  @Mr. Bostonof course cats have questions: ‘Why haven’t you fed me yet?’, ‘Are you always this slow, or is today a personal best?’, ‘Don't you have more important things to do at 4 AM than sleep?’, ‘Why haven’t you opened the door yet, when I’ve clearly looked at you twice?’. The list goes on.😉

It’s gotten cold again, but we can see the mountains for the first time in a few weeks. We even have sun! There’s a few things in the garden to attend to before the rain sets in again.

Happy Saturday, and so good to see a BHB in the Gatun locks. It would look better though from the deck and not on a webcam!
9D1071EE-4F63-4C5A-A724-0B1985A76AC9.thumb.jpeg.d8ebab5d1183730b91d2d8bd7d5642b9.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1