The Daily for Wednesday 02/02/2022

richwmn

Good Morning from a sunny and getting warmer day at the beach

Ukulele Day! I will have to tell DS, he plays and really enjoys it. There is a local pub here that has ukulele night and it is a lot of fun. They have outdoor seating for those of us that dont want to go inside. 

I am glad that Tana @smitty34877 has a room with a view. So much nicer than staring at beige walls. Really hope and pray for her recovery.

Have not been to todays port. Looking forward to pictures.

All is quiet here right now after all the controversy yesterday regarding RCL and Spacex. Everyone had an opinion . Hopefully today they will let the investigation take place and move on. 

Going to water aerobics today. First time in 3 weeks! It will feel good to get back in the pool.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Rich and fellow Daily-ites. Thank you for the Daily. 

Tough time getting to sleep last night. I think it's because I put a roast in the crockpot to cook overnight and I'm not that comfortable doing that. I am making a machaca dish for tonight's concert. (Neil Diamond tribute) 

We have a winter storm set over the next few days, Thursday sleet and snow with low of 18. I bought plenty of food and drink at the market,  so we can hunker down for a week if need be.

Hoping to hear from our @kazu to see how Jose is doing. Prayers for them both and Marley too.

Welcome home @summer slope. Have you rested up from your cruise?

Roy I like the longer celebration list. Perhaps we can turn the corner on getting the concerns lowered. 

I have my 3 mahjongg students this afternoon. They all seem happy to learn the game.

Take care, God Bless our Daily family! Stay safe and dry.

• Like 36

General Beauregard has just predicted an early spring.  It's very cloudy here, and colder than they projected, so no wonder the General saw his shadow.  I did hear that Phil saw his shadow because of all the lights from the press.  Apparently we don't send enough press in Georgia to cover the doings of a critter.

Winter will do what winter will do.  I remind my BFF who lives in RI of all the snow storms we had as kids in NJ when we were little.  I remember making snow igloos, and my brother made snow lions, and that was just walking out the front door.  Some storms brought so much snow that we couldn't sled, but  all piled onto the neighbors toboggan for our winter fun.  Of course to him snow as a 7 year old kid is a whole lot different than snow at 70.  And he did live in a house on flat land, and our house was on a hill.  I know you all think I'm crazy when I say I miss snow, but maybe it's just all the wonderful memories that snow brings back to me, that I love the most.

• Like 34

Good morning! Meal suggestion of the day sounds like fodder for a pet rabbit! Drink of the day is a ruination of a good bourbon and we have sailed into Plymouth!

Doctor appointments for the next two days! What else is new! 

We have rain in the forecast but fortunately no ice or sleet. Stay safe my friends.

The Chamber of Commerce needs to retire groundhog Phil as his predictions are getting repetitive and discouraging!😁

Thanks Rich, Roy and all of our readers. Reading back I sound rather negative today but in reality I’m counting My Blessings!

Have a great day!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. I missed yesterday doing last outside work and last things before snow today.  I had to switch to my phone internet so slow that it wouldn't let me reply.   Prayers for everyone on Roy's care list.   Next time NS is on Port Everglades we will be.boarding. 

I hope the snow and ice with winter storm Landon.     A sunrise from yesterday I never had time to post. Never mind it loaded upside down. 🙏🤔

• Like 31

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I enjoy listening to the ukulele being played. Sorry to hear the forecast from Phil for our friends north of us. I think the southern states will warm up as this month goes on.

Not sure about the meal yet. I like the quote.

Windy this morning with rain later today. Thankful it will be rain.

Have a warm Wednesday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 32

Good morning, everyone.  

It is a balmy 40F here in northeast Ohio, but it is the calm before the storm.  Rain is supposed to start at 11:00 am and snow comes tonight and all day tomorrow.  They are saying 7-10 on one forecast and 3-6 on another.  

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Phil just saw his shadow. 6 more weeks of winter 😱

45 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Wiarton Willie predicts an early spring.  Sure hope he's right. 🤞

Buckeye Chuck did not see his shadow, so that is 2-1 for an early spring.  

4 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! Meal suggestion of the day sounds like fodder for a pet rabbit! Drink of the day is a ruination of a good bourbon and we have sailed into Plymouth!

It sounds like you have been on your diet way too long!   While the title of the dish says cold noodles, I don't see why this dish couldn't be served warm or hot.   I'll skip it due to the calorie and carb content.  https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cold-sesame-noodles-with-broccoli-and-kale

cold-sesame-noodles-with-broccoli-and-kale-120716.thumb.jpg.9aaabee2b6783b7fc457c435f3ef25ca.jpg

And another version:  https://www.earthboundfarm.com/recipes/cold-sesame-noodles-with-broccoli-and-kale/

211530555_coldsesamenoodles2.thumb.png.acb6acf78ec23eac8dbf22a3c91c2760.png

And here is an adaptation that includes shrimp.  They didn't use kale in it and it turned out just fine.  https://www.letseatweird.com/letseatweird/2020/4/19/cold-sesame-noodles-with-broccoli-shrimp-and-greens

98089130_coldsesamenoodles4.thumb.jpg.3855966e15def9bb4107a90ade8ef753.jpg

Prayers for all who need them and cheers to those celebrating.   For those in the path of the storm, stay home and stay safe.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 9

Good morning friends!  It was about 43F this morning when I woke.  Did 3 miles on the treadmill and said my prayers for everyone.  DD says her arm was fine yesterday so that's a relief.  They are expecting a  lot of ice in Cincinnati the next couple of days so I wonder if school will be cancelled Thursday and Friday?  We are cloudy today and will have rain the next 2 days.  I won't complain about rain while others are dealing with snow, ice and very cold temperatures.  I think I've outgrown Phil's declarations.  It will be what it will be!  

An odd assortment of days today to celebrate, and I can do without the menu suggestion.  The wine sounds good though and I'm still thinking about the quote.  I was excited to see the Volendam on the move from Corfu.  What is ahead for Volendam, I wonder?  Thanks so much Rich @richwmnfor the Daily report and to Roy @rafinmdthanks also for the lists.  I've prayed for the Care list and am happy to see it shorter.  Cheers to all on the longer Celebration list.  Let's keep that trend going.  Hoping to hear from Jacqui @kazuwhen she gets a chance.  I imagine she'll be busy visiting Jose and caring for Marley.  Nice to hear Tana is in a room with a window now.  But very distressing to hear of more police officers killed in Virginia @Heartgrove.  This is a very sad time in our country.😥  Prayers for them and all law enforcement/firefighters killed in the line of duty.

We have not visited Plymouth, England before.  There is the town of Falmouth near there (relatively speaking) which we visited.  I enjoy all the little ports of call as much as the huge cities.  The last time Plymouth was selected was June 27, 2021 but we would enjoy seeing any photos y'all might have.  

Have a wonderful day, and try to stay warm!

• Like 35

20 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.  

It is a balmy 40F here in northeast Ohio, but it is the calm before the storm.  Rain is supposed to start at 11:00 am and snow comes tonight and all day tomorrow.  They are saying 7-10 on one forecast and 3-6 on another.  

Buckeye Chuck did not see his shadow, so that is 2-1 for an early spring.  

It sounds like you have been on your diet way too long!   While the title of the dish says cold noodles, I don't see why this dish couldn't be served warm or hot.   I'll skip it due to the calorie and carb content.  https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cold-sesame-noodles-with-broccoli-and-kale

cold-sesame-noodles-with-broccoli-and-kale-120716.thumb.jpg.9aaabee2b6783b7fc457c435f3ef25ca.jpg

And another version:  https://www.earthboundfarm.com/recipes/cold-sesame-noodles-with-broccoli-and-kale/

211530555_coldsesamenoodles2.thumb.png.acb6acf78ec23eac8dbf22a3c91c2760.png

And here is an adaptation that includes shrimp.  They didn't use kale in it and it turned out just fine.  https://www.letseatweird.com/letseatweird/2020/4/19/cold-sesame-noodles-with-broccoli-shrimp-and-greens

98089130_coldsesamenoodles4.thumb.jpg.3855966e15def9bb4107a90ade8ef753.jpg

Prayers for all who need them and cheers to those celebrating.   For those in the path of the storm, stay home and stay safe.

Thanks Debbie! I have been on the diet too long since the second day but I’m hanging in there. Got to get the bod ready for upcoming 25 days of cruising and three weeks in Kauai!🤞

• Like 33

Good morning. Thank you for the Daily report.

Cloudy and cool here in SW Ontario. As Wiarton Willie predicted the early spring, we await a mid-winter storm. I made sure that the gas can for the snowthrower was full last night. I don't need to be out driving when the rain changes to snow (or ice) later today. DD has to teach a guitar lesson tonight. I'll suggest she take along her ukulele at the same time. Peanut/lime noodles was already on the menu for tonight, but it will be served hot.

Prayers for those on the Care list, and cheers for those celebrating-even those small things that make life bearable. Be well!

• Like 32

I agree with @StLouis Cruiser, what will be will be regarding the weather. My mom always said “We’re having weather, be thankful “. 
Sadly our block has lost another loved resident. Our next door neighbor passed away last night at 104. 🙏🥲❤️.  Her house has been empty the last five years while she was in a nursing home. We all kept watch on the house mowing the grass, planting flowers, changing the door wreath to match the season, etc.  it will be strange to hear footsteps on the stairs again.  
Take care all and have a good day no matter what the weather. 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Suslor said:

I agree with @StLouis Cruiser, what will be will be regarding the weather. My mom always said “We’re having weather, be thankful “. 
Sadly our block has lost another loved resident. Our next door neighbor passed away last night at 104. 🙏🥲❤️.  Her house has been empty the last five years while she was in a nursing home. We all kept watch on the house mowing the grass, planting flowers, changing the door wreath to match the season, etc.  it will be strange to hear footsteps on the stairs again.  

What a lovely thing your neighbors did while she was away. 

• Like 23

Good morning all!

Big change in the weather from yesterday!  From 60 degrees and sunny to this mornings freezing rain ☹️. Should transition to snow this afternoon, but the totals are just guesstimates,  They are showing close to 24 hours of snowfall!

Of the days, Ukulele Day is interesting. Used to travel with an older friend who always carried a rather small suitcase. Almost like magic, out of that suitcase would come an endless collection of lovely outfits AND her ukulele. (RIP,  Katie Hug.) 

Love Mark Twain quotes; we claim Samuel Clemens as our own and a visit to Hannibal MO is always fun, including Mark Twain Cave.

I will skip the meal and the drink today, but a glass of Prosecco would be nice. Haven’t been to today’s destination. 

Lifting up all on our prayer and concerns list 🙏 and a toast to the lucky ones on our celebrations list 🍷

Take care all,

St Louis Sal

• Like 31

Good morning from sunny but windy Quartzsite.

This is what I posted on June 27, 2021, when Plymouth was the port of  the day.

We have been to Plymouth tiwice on BHBs.  In 2004 on the Noordam and in 2017 on the Prinsendam.   In 2002, the Navy was holding excercises in the bay, and Captain John Scott was in touch  with some of the ships.  As a former member of the Royal Navy, he told the passengers what some of the ships in the exercise were.

These are a combination of pictures from out two visits.

Charles Chruch ruins, of the 18th century church, has been left as a monument to those who lost their lives during the air raids of the Second World War in Plymouth. The church was bombed in 1941.  We were told it is the only church that does not used the word saint in the name, as it was named after one of the kings.

IMG_3387.thumb.JPG.a4f8d9a730fafab33552e3b552398826.JPG

IMG_3392.thumb.JPG.51055bb24d563d53673b2b3ad549c26b.JPG

IMG_3388.thumb.JPG.c57fc04d8f6225812e2e933a288d3f4a.JPG

The steps and area where the pligrims boarded the Mayflower after her unexpected stop there for repairs.

IMG_3396.thumb.JPG.40cee6e12895305c7f43d6f3066811d3.JPG

DSC06829.thumb.JPG.b27dd1c27edd88d2b091981826843fa9.JPG

DSC06833.thumb.JPG.df20906fe4f8e7eddbd1c486a7d5f8aa.JPG

IMG_3401.thumb.JPG.980a572218ad4f4199ba65708b7f2f63.JPG

A picture of the area, looking down from aa upper floor of a museum across the street

DSC06839.thumb.JPG.1ea076036c801bd80fb2a87ff6e79b8f.JPG

In 2017, the shuttle dropped us off at the Guild Hall.

DSC06821.thumb.JPG.9d0759b2022558edfa090d766e1c208b.JPG

DSC06823.thumb.JPG.c3573551b5c0d447f0d03c001f71de93.JPG

Various places around town that we saw from the little tourist "train"

DSC06831.thumb.JPG.7f33c354dc1297f138778de2b85abef5.JPG

IMG_3393.thumb.JPG.81656ba11550c08e84e32020d61a6f8b.JPG

IMG_3391.thumb.JPG.5c1a4b5e0cde85c436335bcf3dd92e2c.JPG

IMG_3395.thumb.JPG.a5066d21127c7d6d188819b240033a57.JPG

IMG_3390.thumb.JPG.a3badea8572643d5a39ae69d050b798c.JPG

And finlally, the Elegant Explorer at anchor.

DSC06847.thumb.JPG.db38dd4668082d4ab600698dc8bc269d.JPG

Lenda

• Like 32
  • Thanks 10

53 minutes ago, Suslor said:

It's always good when you have neighbors to help out.  What the neighborhood did for this woman was not only a help to her but a good thing for the neighborhood as well.  An overgrown lawn and no signes of life there can rapidly change the quality of life around you all.  Thanks to you and your neighbors for doing so much for her, and may she rest in peace.🙏

• Like 30

3 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good Morning all, 02-02 2022, if you're going to the race track today, bet on #2 in every race. I'm off to play golf in a few minutes, a few 2's on the course would be nice.

Yes, but if you go to the racetrack today, remember to bet on #2 to place, as you know they are going to come in 2nd.

• Like 8
  • Haha 14

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I'm thinking a nap will be on our agendas today.

Another reason for taking a nap is to snuggle down into a nice warm comforter or afghan in front of the fireplace, as it's darn cold out again. 

There are always good reasons for a nap.

• Like 18
  • Haha 2