The Daily for Thursday 02/03/2022

richwmn

I too am a bird feeder.  However DH says feeding the birds is like putting out bait for the cat.  Only the female feral hunts birds.  The other feral cat hunts, crunchies.  I can find bird food, still cant find any choices in cat food.  We can find pate, and then last week there were "shreds" on the shelves, which 4 out of 5 cats will eat.  The fifth one says he cant eat anything that disgusting, and lies on his bed, starving....

Well i did post a lengthy post late last night so now that i have an hour before i have to go out into the world today (then rush back to walk the dog) i'm going to see if anything besides the ship has been changed on my next cruise-(carnival).

I loved the music of Buddy Holly and a lot of people tell me I remind them of a golden retriever-to me that is a compliment.

• Like 28

Good morning, Friends.  36 days till embarkation on the Sky Princess.  This morning we received an email stating we must be boostered, have a negative test within 2 days of embarkation, and be tested again at embarkation.  The pressure is on.

@cat shepard, if Dawn doesn’t work, try Lestoil at full strength.  That stuff breaks oil up like nobody’s business.

@ottahand7, I am loving your bird pictures.

@smitty34877, lovely news about your Tana.

@kazu, so very happy to hear of your visit with Jose and continued prayers for Marley.

@everyone in the path of the storm, stay safe and post pictures!

Golden Retrievers are lovely.  

This is why I feed the birds:

713FEB52-8C71-4697-9147-094712E3A09F.thumb.jpeg.5c643b3b2ba4fd59a8436c0c7f667755.jpeg

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning! So far the rain has gone around us but close enough to halt morning walks. Currently in 60’s and forecasted to be in low 70’s. So could say this will be our warmest day of the year.

One Doctor’s visit down and one to go for awhile! I have never even heard of today’s port of call, was stationed in Clovis, New Mexico where Buddy Holly recorded many of his early songs. Have had green tomato salsa many times and like it. If I could have a dog a Golden Retriever would be high on list. With our present travel plans we have no plans for more pets. We miss our kitties.

Our World Cruise is selling out fast. Yesterday they opened bookings for different segments  but earlier they had booked 100 cabins for the entire voyage!  It will be nice to be on a ship that has only 700 guest max.

Thanks Rich and Roy and may all of you stay safe if in these winter storms.

• Like 31

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the care lists.

I remember the day the music died. I was a big fan of Buddy Holly and still love listening to his music today.

I've had the priveledge of owning several Goldens. They are wonderful dogs.They are gentle with very "soft mouths". One day our dog found a ripe peach that had fallen from a tree. She thought it was a ball and carried it around in her mouth for hours. When I saw it later, I wasjed off all the dirt on it and saw that it wasn't even bruised.

Looking forward to a beautiful day here.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 33

Good morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report.  And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

Our neighbors next to us just brought home a Golden Retriever puppy for her 92-year old father. Her 93-year old mother is unfortunately in a memory unit nearby. She said her father was feeling down in the dumps lately and remembered how her mother would have Goldens. Her father just lit up when she brought home "Riley", a seven week old male pup. "Gracie", their nine year-old Coon Dog rescue is not putting up a fuss thank goodness!

Just old enough to remember the day the music died. And Don Mclean's words are still riveted inside my head. All 8:42 !

@ottahand7 Love your photos! We had a Ruby-throated hummingbird in Maryland that would visit. They are very territorial so only the one family would feed at our house. The male would stay on a branch and even chase the female plus offspring away.

- Jack

• Like 28

Good morning everyone. Just a quick check in. Sam went by ambulance to the hospital early last night with chest pains. No heart attack and no stroke but he has an overload of fluid which he’s been treated for this past week so they are keeping him and treating that. I’m exhausted and will check in later. I don’t think this is serious at this time.

Carol

• Like 14
  • Thanks 24

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  to all.Thanks for the daily,Rich.Thanks to Roy and the F and B department.Also thanks to Graham for the explanations!

I would love to be on a cruise.We feed the birds here and enjoy watching them.I love Golden Retrievers as well.I think I will pass on the meal.

We spoke to our Tana  via the magic of the computer when we had family dinner last night. She tolerated a PT session in the morning  and  an OT session in the afternoon.She remains on  oxygen  and requires rest periods after each task.However,this is such a big improvement and we are all so grateful.

Thank you everyone  here who prayed and hoped along with us.

Today rain is expected all day but ice is a possibility tomorrow. Yuck.

@kazu,I am so glad you had a long visit with Jose.I hope you get good news about Marley’s  blood work.

Terry

Pleased to hear Tana is improving.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Just a quick check in. Sam went by ambulance to the hospital early last night with chest pains. No heart attack and no stroke but he has an overload of fluid which he’s been treated for this past week so they are keeping him and treating that. I’m exhausted and will check in later. I don’t think this is serious at this time.

Carol

Prayers 🙏 for Sam to be okay.

Take care Carol.

Graham.

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Carol

Carol, it must have been frightening last night with Sam's chest pains and calling an ambulance.  I'm glad to hear he will be alright after treatment.  Hoping he's back home soon and that you can get some rest beforehand.🙏

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning and thanks for the update.

@richwmn, NS just sailed yesterday, why PEV on 2/5?

It’s a rainy day here and supposed to end as freezing rain tomorrow. 
    Blessings and prayers to all on our lists ❤️🙏

I thought I updated that. NSDM is headed for Phillipsburg ST Maartin

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6

30 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Carol

Prayers that he is home soon.  I'm glad it doesn't appear serious.

• Like 19

Good morning all!

Another rainy day here in the PNW, but at least it isn't snow, and not terribly cold like a lot of you around the US and Canada are getting.  

Right now I'm not real sure when our next cruise will be -- maybe today will answer that question.  We've been busy "trimming" our future cruise list in order to be able to do the Australia Grand Cruise.  So far we've canceled 4 -- but also have to rebook a European Celebrity cruise and that may mean a quick Pacific Coastal some time this year.  Other than that, our next one won't be until October with CC friends on the Quebec City-FLL cruise and then 2 weeks in the Caribbean added on to that.

I was only around 8 but had older sisters so I remember the sad day the music died.  What a sad, sad waste of talent and young lives.

We aren't dog people, but I do like Golden Retrievers.  There haven't been any in our family though.

I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine, have never been to Japan.

@smitty34877encouraging news about Tana, continued prayers.

@mamaofamithat had to be scary when Sam was taken to the hospital, but I'm glad to hear you don't think it's serious.  

@kazuI'm so glad you had a nice, long visit with Jose yesterday.  Prayers for Marley and his tests.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

I thought I posted this earlier.

Peanut Butter Cup Martini:

Ingredients
1/4 part peanut butter, creamy
1 part creme de cocoa liquor
1/2 part vodka
1/4 part milk
Reese cup to garnish (optional)
Instructions
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
Add in the peanut butter, creme de cocoa, vodka, and milk.
Shake until all is combined.
Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a peanut butter cup if desired

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 10.47.42 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 9

2 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Love your bird pictures.  We feed hummers too but only get one at the feeder at a time, how do you manage to keep them all happy at once?

I have several Hummingbird feeders.  A couple of them are "owned" by one bird each  and the rest come around another.  The more I stand there with my camera the underlings get bold and come in and feed while the bullies stay away.    

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning All,

We have a lovely day with blue skies shaping up. We have not had full sun for several days. 

Our golden just came parading through with his football in his mouth and his head high the way goldens carry a prized object. DH said it’s because HE KNOWS it’s his day. He’s smart, lovable, cute, not always kind🥴, (he’s unpredictable with some dogs), likes to sit in my lap (he weighs 10 lbs less than I do), still gets bitey when playing rough, and loves to be the center of attention. It doesn’t matter if it’s positive attention, or negative. 😜And we love him dearly. My favorite nickname for him is Squiggles.

@mamaofami Sorry to hear Sam is back in the hospital. Hope he improves soon.

57 minutes ago, superoma said:

@cat shepardif you can find TSP at a hardware store or Walmart, this works well on driveway stains. It is trisodium phosphate sold as a dry powder but I read where it is banned in several states. I usually use it to prep walls for painting. Good luck with the oil stains.

Powdered clothes soap, sprinkled on the stain and left for a couple days, works also. 
Have a great day everyone!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, LocoLoco1 said:

Brownie, our GoldenRetriever as a kid wouldn’t let Dad spank us. Good Boy!

We had a shepherd mix mutt when we were kids and he would go after our folks when they tried to spank us.   Good doggie!   

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I too am a bird feeder.  However DH says feeding the birds is like putting out bait for the cat.  Only the female feral hunts birds.  The other feral cat hunts, crunchies.  I can find bird food, still cant find any choices in cat food.  We can find pate, and then last week there were "shreds" on the shelves, which 4 out of 5 cats will eat.  The fifth one says he cant eat anything that disgusting, and lies on his bed, starving....

Voles were tearing up my new Hostas and I called the Hosta guy and he said get a "healthy female cat" to control the voles.   We had inside cats so chose to protect the birds.  The beautiful cat that was dumped at my house first showed up eating bird seed.   Her new family loves her.   What kills my little birds and Doves is a Cooper's Hawk.  He flies the birds into the window and then swoops in and picks up the stunned bird.  😢

coopers hawk 121017.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1