What do you carry around the ship (e.g. for masks, etc)?

LuCruise

For past cruises, I usually wore a small pouch around my waist to carry a camera, cruise compass and sea pass cards.  However, things are a bit different now, especially with masks.  Guess I'm mostly wondering now that we have masks and when we take masks off, they should be protected.  Normally I'd just put our masks in a ziplock bag (family of four), but since we've switched from cloth masks to N95, our masks look the same and so we would need 4 separate labelled bags.  That can get bulky.  And of course, this is on top of a phone or camera, sea pass cards, etc. Don't really want to start carrying a bag all around.

Just wondering the logistics of where you put your masks when you take it off, and may also have other belongings as well.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have my little flat purse that I use for my cell phone, money, seapass card and masks and tissues.  Works perfect.  So very happy we don't have to wear masks anymore!!!!!  I cannot stand landyards, don't want something hanging around my neck all day.  I throw my purse in the bag if we are at the pool and and good to go. If getting off the ship, I hang it around my shoulder and then throw it in the back pack once on the beach.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

I only carry my seapass card.  My husband usually has the daily planner and some ones for tipping the bartenders extra.  We leave our phones in the safe.

We don't get internet so our phones have always gone in the safe too.  Only reason I'm thinking of carrying my phone for our next cruise is since the app lets you make reservations for things (and it seems to have a great list of drinks in venue section).  So if I carry my phone, then will probably use that for a camera as well.

1 minute ago, BND said:

Unless you are wearing KN95 or N95 strapped very tightly to your face with a good seal, just wearing a mask isn't going to change anything.  They only work with a tight seal.  

We purchased a bunch of N95 masks for the cruise.  Not worried of getting sick itself, but since we're Canadian, we cannot return to Canada if we test positive (or we can, but run the risk of 5K fine per person).  Maybe when we're there we won't end up wearing them (cruise is mid March), but for now, I assume we will and so will need to carry them around when not wearing them.

• Like 5

The N95s with over the head elastics fit well worn on the elbow, you will see that on hospital workers. I wear those on crowded flights but personally I would find those very difficult to wear while cruising with the amount of on and off times. K94 masks fold up and can go in a pocket, or on your wrist. 

Plastic bags are not recommended for storage. Paper lunch bags would be a good choice for in cabin/overnight storage.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LuCruise said:

For past cruises, I usually wore a small pouch around my waist to carry a camera, cruise compass and sea pass cards.  However, things are a bit different now, especially with masks.  Guess I'm mostly wondering now that we have masks and when we take masks off, they should be protected.  Normally I'd just put our masks in a ziplock bag (family of four), but since we've switched from cloth masks to N95, our masks look the same and so we would need 4 separate labelled bags.  That can get bulky.  And of course, this is on top of a phone or camera, sea pass cards, etc. Don't really want to start carrying a bag all around.

Just wondering the logistics of where you put your masks when you take it off, and may also have other belongings as well.  

I use a small cross body backpack from Amazon. It’s small and holds a lot of stuff, including my iPad mini 6.

D51BE4E8-E2E6-4882-B972-9C84D39FF4AE.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brillohead said:

How is that any different than someone carrying a purse?

I like to have everything I may need when I walk around the ship or ports, so I use something simple and convenient

image.jpeg.8621d787de160c42c436ad8e3baaab86.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Ditto. That's where my mask seapass and tip money go. No phone

LOL...yup.  I always get the dumbfounded, open mouth "look" (like I have grown another head) when told to scan a bar code, pull up the app...etc...etc. when I tell them I don't carry my phone around the ship.   😲

I am also not one of those women that insist on carrying a suitcase size purse around the ship.  😄 

image.jpeg.6b9b95bd97981bca44ca099192f3fa97.jpeg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MadamGorgeous said:

I use my husband’s pockets to hold everything including my lipstick. The only thing I carry is the sunglasses that go on my head. If I’m out and about alone, I use a very uncool fanny pack. 

I haven't bought lipstick since we had to start wearing masks.  🤭

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DukeASUGirl said:

As of Feb 25, but just because not required doesn't mean that nobody will wear them, so it's still a valid question for those who will.

And, that could change within a couple of days. 

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...yup.  I always get the dumbfounded, open mouth "look" (like I have grown another head) when told to scan a bar code, pull up the app...etc...etc. when I tell them I don't carry my phone around the ship.   😲

I am also not one of those women that insist on carrying a suitcase size purse around the ship.  😄 

image.jpeg.6b9b95bd97981bca44ca099192f3fa97.jpeg

I love her subtlety, she's like me, I don't want to draw attention to myself 

• Like 1