Does anyone enjoy a short nap

csoud68

During the day when cruising? I get up at 6 and don't go to sleep til 11pm..

The only way I can do that is to take a nap...usually from 2-3:30...I get up energized and ready to go...and I sleep so good on the ship..

Yes, I'm getting older..lol

• Like 7

We will nap in the sun on Serenity, or as the above poster mentioned, storms are a great time to nod off too.

Our naps are rarely planned, but sometime you just need it.  I remember getting back from an exhausting day of snorkeling, and deciding to order room service at 3 PM.  Food came fast, and we decided to eat in bed and watch a show to recharge.

Then it was 9 pm...

Absolutely - I became addicted while in the Navy - knock off ship’s work at 1130 - finish lunch by 1200, nap till turn to at 1300.  Then many years of civilian workdays made it impossible to feed my habit , but now back to that civilized routine.

Not just while aboard ship, but a key part of being able to enjoy a full day anywhere.

Edited by navybankerteacher
  • Like 4

Prior to children I was always a late riser but they had different ideas when they came along. So 5am was a normal wake time. I became used to it so even from when they were in their late teens I continued to wake early, thinking between 4.30-6am. Now I am older I have found an afternoon nap helps me to get to 10pm -12MN.

My husband and I do this even when we travel to Europe or America. We find that 1 hour kip after travelling almost 24 hours on a plane helps us keep going.

Edited by frantic36

I rarely am able to sleep when the sun is up.  But, I do like to rest.  There's something about actually laying down and letting the ship gently rock you that is very restful.  Should I fall asleep it's only for a little while.  Anything more I wake up groggy and grumpy.

Some of the best naps are after some time in the sun and whatnot. I do feel like if I am napping, I am not properly taking advantage of the limited time I have on the cruise. Especially if in the cabin. I've taken some quick naps in the adults-only area before, and feel more satisfied with that.

I too am an early riser. Quite often on a cruise, I will hang out in the solarium and enjoy a soak in the hottub and when I lay on a lounger with a towel over  me I'm off into lala land pretty quick. Very relaxing. 

Cheers.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2022 at 9:50 PM, csoud68 said:

During the day when cruising? I get up at 6 and don't go to sleep til 11pm..

The only way I can do that is to take a nap...usually from 2-3:30...I get up energized and ready to go...and I sleep so good on the ship..

Yes, I'm getting older..lol

I get up at 6 on cruises and go to sleep about 2AM .I never nap.I am likely a lot older than you.😀

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 3:21 PM, cruisegal40 said:

I can't seem to nap anywhere.  Airplanes, cruise..... I envy you all that you do.

that stinks..i have it dark as can be and i love the carnival beds..im outtie asap