The Daily for Saturday 04/09/2022

richwmn

2 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Good morning everyone,

Just received a phone call from the cardiologist taking care of DH. Blood tests have confirmed that he did have a MI and he will continue on the IV meds until Monday when he is scheduled for an angiogram to check what the precipitating factor was. I will be leaving shortly to visit him.

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes. This is such a supportive community 

Mary

I don't know how I missed your post yesterday, but bless you for getting your DH to the hospital; I had to do that very same thing the first time my DH had one.  I smartened up after that and despite his protests, called 911 the next time.  I'm glad he's getting the care he needs and hope the angiogram will show what else needs to be done.  Please know you and he will both be in my prayers, as you'll need the strength just as much as he will.

Gerry

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Dailyites, and a Happy Saturday!!

The unicorn.  In fable it is only to show itself to a virgin, I know no one who has seen one.

I did love the Irish Rovers Unicorn song, I cried the first time I heard it.  Those silly unicorns, out playing while the rain was falling, and Noah's ark just sailed away...Using the theory of adaptation, the unicorn became the narwhale. 

9cfc2491523cacdbd3cac2222a5e66cf.jpg

When performing I used several names, my nickname, Mouse,  in college it was Kitten, in Atlanta it was Catfish Brown.  DH and his family calls me Annie,  now I'm Momcat.  I think I would change my name to OTHARA, which stands for Over The Hill and Rolling Along.

@ger_77

038c29d1160d506c29d396e77dcf457b.jpg

If I have missed a birthday, an anniversary or any other event that has brought joy and fun  to any of you this week-

fcd9f7c49444f356247bac463261c847.png

@Sea ViewerYou did the right thing.  When DH had his heart attack I was at work, and he called to ask which hospital should he go to, I told him tell the ambulance to take him to the closest one! I left work and drove like a bat out of Hades to get there.  He had to be resuscitated twice on the way there.  I am glad that he at least dialed 911, usually he is injured or having problems and just sits there. I hope your DH is doing better, and God Bless you for taking Charge!

I love it when @StLouisCruisers says Wives are always right. 

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

The unicorn.  In fable it is only to show itself to a virgin, I know no one who has seen one.

I think I would change my name to OTHARA, which stands for Over The Hill and Rolling Along.

Oh my gosh, you absolutely slay me!  I think you and I would get along famously!!!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Good morning friends!  We had another night in the 30's on this roller coaster we're calling spring here in Georgia.  All the trees have been busy filling in with leaves the past couple of weeks so I can't see any street lights off in the distance now.  Thanks for the Daily Rich @richwmn.  And I know it's not easy keeping up with the Care and Celebration lists Roy @rafinmd.  Before I go any further I want to say happy belated 44th anniversary to @erewhon and happy birthday to @luvteaching and happy anniversary to you and your beloved.   Gerry @ger_77happy 45th anniversary to you and DH!  This place is really hopping with celebrations!  But lest we forget those who need our prayers I have offered mine up this morning for the Ukrainian people and military, and everyone who is taking them in and supporting them.  All our CC Daily members in need of prayers and my family and friends.  For Name Yourself Day, I didn't really name myself but I did change the spelling of my nickname Sandi in middle school.  A big salute to our unicorns!  Winston Churchill was an amazing man and as was said the right person at the right time.  DH reads as many books as he can about Churchill and enjoyed the War Rooms in London twice already.  A very nice quote, but I'm not sure I'll be a fan of the Khao Soi.  The unadventurous eater here.

@Sea ViewerI hope your husband is doing okay and the doctors are taking good care of him.  @cat shepardyou are one busy person!  Always something on the agenda.  Thanks for your funny memes today.  And the same to Jacqui @kazugreat/funny/thoughtful memes and an enjoyable read.  Take care during your travels back and forth to the hospital.  

The morning sky as the sun rose today.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVImb_3s-yG6gZoWVLsgENVoVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1649503654

Stanley in the Falklands is a great stop if you can get there.  We've been scheduled three times and are scheduled again in 2023.  Each of our three tries we made it!  2012 Star Princess, 2015 Ruby Princess and 2020 Coral Princess.  Next year is scheduled on Volendam.  That time I'm supposed to go on Patrick Watts' tour to see the King penguins.  On prior visits we've stayed in town and/or ridden out to Gypsy Cove to see the Magellanic penguins.  I have so many photos it will take me forever to check all three cruises, but I'll do my best.  Back later!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I named myself when I turned 18; I hated my first name, so had it legally changed from Geraldine to Gerry (with my parents blessing).  Winston Churchill was a  great leader and an interesting man.  

Well I'm happy to report that yesterday's recording session went well.  I did the narration for the historical documentary DH was producing, and although I was ensconced in this teeny tiny recording booth, my claustrophobia didn't kick in.  I only had to do two takes on a couple of sections, so we got through it quite quickly.  

First of all, let me wish @luvteaching a very Happy Birthday with many more returns of the day.  Then, I wish @luvteachingand her DH a Happy 45th Anniversary; I hope you and your DH are able to spend some quality time together as he recovers from his stroke.

@erewhonI'm not sure how I missed it, but please accept my belated wishes for a Happy Anniversary to the two of you!

Today is our special day; 45 years ago this morning I married the man of my dreams.  We're continuing our tradition of going to a restaurant in one of the large hotels for an anniversary brunch.  When we both worked, we always took the day off and sat at a table by the window, watching as others scurried off to get to their daily jobs, knowing we had the day to ourselves.   With the exception of the 2 anniversaries we were in Tokyo and the past 2 "C" years, we've gone to the same place every morning on April 9th.  After that, the day is ours to enjoy without any commitments.  Here's what we looked like on our wedding day.

Wedding.thumb.jpg.2a30e6873badfd995d977c520c8c543d.jpg

Because it's our anniversary, I'm not cooking, so I have no idea what will be served to me for dinner tonight, but I'm sure it will be good.   And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for the people of Ukraine and for all who are providing aid.  Extra for our Daily family who are having health and family struggles.  We'll raise our glasses high tonight to celebrate our good fortune, and all who are on the happy list.    Stay safe, get your boosters, wash your hands, wear your masks when you need to and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Happy 45th wedding anniversary Gerry.

Lovely wedding photo of you both and nice car.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211124_174046.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

@ger_77, A very Happy Anniversary  to you  both.The picture  is great.Enjoy your celebratory  day together.

@Seaviewer,I am glad your DH is where he needs to be and hope the angio gives you both answers.

I am another wife who called  911 against my DH's wishes and he thankfully  arrived safely to the appropriate  hospital.3 days later he had bypass surgery due to the blockages.

As Sandi says "the wife is always right".Scary times.

Terry

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Good morning everyone,

Just received a phone call from the cardiologist taking care of DH. Blood tests have confirmed that he did have a MI and he will continue on the IV meds until Monday when he is scheduled for an angiogram to check what the precipitating factor was. I will be leaving shortly to visit him.

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes. This is such a supportive community 

Mary

Sending prayers 🙏 and our best wishes to you both.

Hopefully the angiogram with angioplasty and possibly additional stents will fix any problems 🤞

Graham.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

We have only been scheduled to The Falklands once and by the posts so far, were lucky to be able to make it.  Wow, Sandi @StLouisCruisers, 3 for 3 -- good for you!

We were there on 12/28/2013 during an LA to Rio cruise on Golden Princess.

Waiting for a tender

_DSC0702.thumb.jpg.68320785a8978446c61ea4ca982beb5f.jpg

IMG_0151.thumb.jpg.ca9bdb0e871a5595335583de1e50d087.jpg

Whalebone arch and church

IMG_0152.thumb.jpg.17657f21a2e8201dbe219a60ebcb904c.jpg

_DSC0704.thumb.jpg.34225f5207c37b459979bcb6020833fb.jpg

We just walked around town and stopped for fish & chips and Guinness

IMG_0156.thumb.jpg.2217b94042a6573f26f81429c5719e7f.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 7

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Interesting days. Winston Churchill was a great leader.

The quote is so touching, it definitely made me smile. I would try the meal even though I'm not usually a fan of curry.

It is 37 here. We had a freeze warning overnight which ends in about 30 minutes. We have another one tonight/tomorrow morning.

DH tested negative again and is feeling better. As long as he continues to medicate and rest I'm sure he will be close 100% by Monday.

On the other hand I woke up sneezing and with a mildly scratchy throat. I have started some home remedies and will see if it passes or progresses as the day goes on.

@erewhon Happy belated Anniversary!🎊

@Sea Viewer sorry to hear about DH and pray his medical team will quickly figure out what's going on. Drive safely to and from the hospital.

@luvteaching Happy Birthday!🎂

@ger_77 Happy Anniversary! 🥳

@msmayor I am happy to hear you see improvement in your DD and agree that they should go out. Thank you for sharing what your daughter said to you. It brought tears to my eyes and reminded me of a day, about five months ago, when I answered the phone to hear my youngest daughter, (Leo's Mom), say, "How's the best Mom in the world?". Praying for you, DD, DSIL, Lana and all the others who are helping out.

Have a great day and remember you are loved. 💝

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

On Feb. 25, 2012 on Star Princess we anchored and tendered to shore.  During the day the skies would go from extremely cloudy to bright sunshine.  You just never know!  You arrive at the dock and visitor center and see something like this 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKb3Mv9e5cs4_QP_pj7CPI2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641431

You could just walk up to the Gypsy Cove shuttles run by locals with 4x4s or small buses/vans.  The price was right and at least you got to see some penguins that day!  It's about a 20 minute ride and there's no admission fee when you get there.  They have marked paths and you aren't allowed to roam because there are areas that could have been mined during the "conflict" with Argentina in 1982.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKSMcnAuOgzb9qXjEYiuobf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641481

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5pebVRIJnh3e11Wa98Ps6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641538

You'll see some penguins below you on the beach, some in the brush and some right up near you at the path.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIb0JhbEBibtHzjnMWkXFCX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1649511325

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVujNbmSFfnB8iYB6yQvqc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641518

There's a rocky area at the top you can roam around on called Ordnance Point.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnUC2W4RJXgmon1XrFfawt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641621

Some artillery left behind and a couple of ships anchored outside the harbor.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsj8RMC20QKCvzV11ORXbI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641648

Some fellows who came up to see us near the path.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJK_zqka-jmTVb1OOGTPp8q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641684

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLX3mClt8C7vLKL5jD8d5DI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641551

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIEzp4e9qqmu_CSOC4Tdz9c?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641566

You can stay as long as you want.  Just walk down to the parking spot and catch another van back to town.  The town itself is quaint and uncrowded (except for several ship's worth of passengers added for the day), but never so crowded as to be annoying.  On the ride back to town you'll see this ship the Lady Elizabeth which foundered in the harbor and blew onto this shallow spot over a hundred years ago.  I'll look for some spots around town to post next.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Good morning everyone. The sun is shining and it promises to be a good day.

Yesterday the plumber came to fix my garbage disposal which was making a terrible noise. He found several screws from when our cabinet fell off the wall and a plastic dental device the last aide threw out. The home care agency has promised to subtract the amount of the plumber and the dental device from our final bill.
Prayers for all on our care list which seems to grow bigger every day.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@ger_77, A very Happy Anniversary  to you  both.The picture  is great.Enjoy your celebratory  day together.

@Seaviewer,I am glad your DH is where he needs to be and hope the angio gives you both answers.

I am another wife who called  911 against my DH's wishes and he thankfully  arrived safely to the appropriate  hospital.3 days later he had bypass surgery due to the blockages.

As Sandi says "the wife is always right".Scary times.

Terry

Fortunately Pauline was home when I came in feeling unwell on December 18th 2020.

I was very pale with a strange pain in my upper chest so she insisted we went to my doctor's which is attached to the city hospital.

Doctor sent me straight to A&E (ER) where blood test showed enzymes confirming a mild heart attack and was rushed straight to coronary care.

2 days later after a stent was put in my circumflex artery during angioplasty I was allowed home.

You women certainly know best 

Graham.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I named myself when I turned 18; I hated my first name, so had it legally changed from Geraldine to Gerry (with my parents blessing).  Winston Churchill was a  great leader and an interesting man.  

Well I'm happy to report that yesterday's recording session went well.  I did the narration for the historical documentary DH was producing, and although I was ensconced in this teeny tiny recording booth, my claustrophobia didn't kick in.  I only had to do two takes on a couple of sections, so we got through it quite quickly.  

First of all, let me wish @luvteaching a very Happy Birthday with many more returns of the day.  Then, I wish @luvteachingand her DH a Happy 45th Anniversary; I hope you and your DH are able to spend some quality time together as he recovers from his stroke.

@erewhonI'm not sure how I missed it, but please accept my belated wishes for a Happy Anniversary to the two of you!

Today is our special day; 45 years ago this morning I married the man of my dreams.  We're continuing our tradition of going to a restaurant in one of the large hotels for an anniversary brunch.  When we both worked, we always took the day off and sat at a table by the window, watching as others scurried off to get to their daily jobs, knowing we had the day to ourselves.   With the exception of the 2 anniversaries we were in Tokyo and the past 2 "C" years, we've gone to the same place every morning on April 9th.  After that, the day is ours to enjoy without any commitments.  Here's what we looked like on our wedding day.

Wedding.thumb.jpg.2a30e6873badfd995d977c520c8c543d.jpg

Because it's our anniversary, I'm not cooking, so I have no idea what will be served to me for dinner tonight, but I'm sure it will be good.   And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for the people of Ukraine and for all who are providing aid.  Extra for our Daily family who are having health and family struggles.  We'll raise our glasses high tonight to celebrate our good fortune, and all who are on the happy list.    Stay safe, get your boosters, wash your hands, wear your masks when you need to and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Happy Anniversary Gerry.  Hope you two enjoy your dinner.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a cool and windy day at the beach

@ger_77 A very Happy Anniversary to you both. Love the picture

@erewhon  A very Happy Anniversat=ry to both of you also. May you have many more.

@luvteaching A very Happy Birthday to you and Happy Anniversary to you and your DH.  Hope you enjoy this day.

Lots of celebrations which is wonderful.  Be back later, going to play golf.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Oh good I see @kb4683made it into Stanley too!  The more the merrier!

You can see a wide variety of buildings there.  We walked up a street going uphill, that you see as soon as you get off the tender.  On that road was this bar and amusing sign out front.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIDSUCoSpgxqVxENikhNDNQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641755

A good spot to leave your husband if he's getting on your nerves and under your feet, so you can get some shopping done.  Love it!

Right across from the visitor center are these attached homes reminiscent of England.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmV0oWDTGAsk7sEZqgfetr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641720

The hill we walked up and saw the tavern.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZKLRqu-ccnJw6TgP3lCvj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641743

The police headquarters00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLm0f8_kIJLSAzraqqompWM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641817

We saw a lot of British flags and reminders of who they were.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKhFvL4mLb_3XJ00bUClpOi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641845

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4d9TQHwTPzG5J9yeS1M3C?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641845

A war memorial00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJu52-81wDprhswePewkJM-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1649512499

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLnkxJO21NvdwQ0IN6JViif?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641862

Restricted entrance to the Government House00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjo3zI4ytd4ZergYLKY6JL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641870

Some horses and a pony living inside those fences.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJmiNwBMJTfSLzRroNcaZic?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641886

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI40FrX4VSM5xILx14BRFaW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641905

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLM-rzcnYsZpxMsPWTn5CDA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641896

And from 2020 Coral Princess, on our walk at Gypsy Cove the penguins were building little nest right along the pathway tourists traveled on.  They had stationed someone there to make sure no one attempted to interfere with or touch the penguins in the nest.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQcUVMsJDjyXf8AdOhe9RI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579806510

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJl75eQsGC7N52M-y-ZXxTk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579806481

And a penguin on the beach doing his happy dance.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKmnsCqrZQAbzQUVbDUXZUP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579816872

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKMdW4y_HLXDixABdtcdYNc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579817189

Lots of fun for penguin lovers!

I see I didn't succeed in posting the photo of Lady Elizabeth in the first post.  Here she is from 2012.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLLxoLb6kfvlhwpxJ50oq5Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641716

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 11

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmdfor sharing the Care and Celebration Lists. Yes, we've been to the Falklands ~~🚢Crown Princess March 2011.😊

❤️Happy Anniversary wishes to both @ger_77and @erewhon.🥂

🎂Additionally, best wishes on your birthday to @luvteaching.🎂

🙏Prayers for all in need and to the people of Ukraine.

Katie

20220409_073328.jpg

20220409_072356.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@Sea ViewerYou did the right thing.  When DH had his heart attack I was at work, and he called to ask which hospital should he go to, I told him tell the ambulance to take him to the closest one! I left work and drove like a bat out of Hades to get there.  He had to be resuscitated twice on the way there.  I am glad that he at least dialed 911, usually he is injured or having problems and just sits there. I hope your DH is doing better, and God Bless you for taking Charge!

@Sea ViewerUs guys can be pretty stubborn. I had a ladder collapse under me when I was painting the house and leaned too far out. My head found the only piece of concrete in the back yard and began bleeding heavily. I put pressure on it and just walked into the house to get it cleaned up. My DW wanted to phone 911, or at the very least, someone at the local volunteer fire department where I am the chaplain. I talked her out of that, but she insisted I at least get in the car and go to the fire hall and get my head looked at. Again, I refused to be driven there since it is only a few blocks away from our house. She walked me over to the fire station and one of the EMT's took a look at my head and said I was going to need stitches. Then he added, "And listen to your wife!" 

A neighbor drove both of us to the hospital. As shaken up as DW was, there was no way I was going to let her get behind the wheel and drive the highway of death, and she wasn't about to let me get behind the wheel. It only took ten stitches 🙂 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 7