RC Wonderland Restaraunt

I was thinking about trying Wonderland on my next cruise in July, however I might change my mind if this is a correct bill.

My son and DIL just got off their cruise and enjoyed Wonderland.

They had a drink package but not the dining package.

They were told this restaurant would cost $55 each plus tax.

They just received their credit card and were charged $158.

Are drinks not included in cost?

They did try all the specialty drinks there. 

If that is the true charge I will grab the dining plan for $166 that is being offered for my ship now and get drinks after my meal.

without seeing the exact bill it is hard to tell, but by the time you had tax and gratuities for 2 people it might be close to $158, they should have known what their bill was as soon as they finished their meal, as they would have had to sign off on it.

9 minutes ago, MamadawgFL said:

I haven't, but am very much looking forward to it.  There is a pretty good video review of it on youtube.

Come back and let us know what you think please. We went once and really enjoyed it. Having said that as we were walking out we agreed that we doubt we'll be back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Come back and let us know what you think please. We went once and really enjoyed it. Having said that as we were walking out we agreed that we doubt we'll be back. 

absolutely I will. I am usually a "chef's table" kind of girl, but hubs has banned me from going without him lol.  My 5/22 sailing is me and my daughter (very late grad cruise, thanks Covid)

• Like 1

When they were done their meal they should have received a bill to sign with the breakdown of expenses.      Sounds like they had some drinks that did not get applied to their drink package.    Yes, drinks in wonderland or any specialty restaurant can be paid for with DBP or Diamond vouchers.

If you will be going to chops maybe you can buy the Chop +1 on your cruise planner then you go to chops and wonderland.    

We experienced Wonderland for our first time a week ago.  It is somewhere you definitely want to experience at least once.    We really enjoyed the whole experience and half the time we had no idea what were eating but it tasted great!

• Like 1

Our credit card bill doesn't break down individual costs on a cruise? Did they just now look at their receipt or their folio? Because the receipt would show what was charged. :classic_smile:

We had erroneous charges at Chops once. We didn't realize it until we had left the restaurant. We went back and found our waiter, and he had realized that he had made errors, and quickly corrected it. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

It's a good idea to look at the account in the app once in a while on a cruise - it's usually easy to spot issues.

Every day...sometimes twice or more.  Love the way the app shows the account.  Better than the TV listing...and especially on ships that don't have the ability to pull up the account on cabin TV.  

Wonderland may or may not be worth it depending on how open minded the eaters are because it’s expensive and different. Nearly everyone who eats there only goes once for the unique experience and never goes again.  When the subject of Wonderland comes up among frequent cruisers most chuckle and say, yep tried it once and that’s enough. 

• Like 4

On 4/11/2022 at 3:20 PM, Tee & Chilli said:

I’ve been to Wonderland on Anthem, Harmony and Odyssey. Here’s a few piEFE263B4-2C5A-4EF1-A5E7-D65E90A4BEF8.thumb.jpeg.2525e6ef40f88fc14fbf1f470d33e34e.jpegctures

0D64B2E9-0370-461F-8857-2CE381607F65.thumb.jpeg.b29ebf7ad9cc96aa37d40776d107b687.jpeg 

B306B264-095D-4242-BF28-4B7B784292E3.thumb.jpeg.1186c6fa8f1d25b09b72e5263aa4eea7.jpeg

19090108-AC45-45F1-BC70-A86FB9094633.thumb.jpeg.43f142a271122c4f0adeed6a3ea47f47.jpeg

7FCB82EF-6272-4405-A45E-E732D1B37AD1.thumb.jpeg.2c5733994254823e62a118fa67e086ea.jpeg

421308AB-6A87-4EFF-A3EE-F58F499E22CD.thumb.jpeg.d13ae6d6c417a2d707d70e6b1b1a6050.jpeg

001113DF-F13B-4240-8E04-4B56C33FE504.thumb.jpeg.2d8df30fd59184aa6fe54dafe3d09a95.jpeg

1D3C04AF-5C6B-44F2-B9BF-49B173976557.thumb.jpeg.7084b4b122fe88f4600fe46a2448b797.jpeg

Nothing on those pics screams out Yummm to me 

Deconstructed food isn’t my thing 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, zeroed said:

Wonderland may or may not be worth it depending on how open minded the eaters are because it’s expensive and different. Nearly everyone who eats there only goes once for the unique experience and never goes again.  When the subject of Wonderland comes up among frequent cruisers most chuckle and say, yep tried it once and that’s enough. 

Yep I’ve read enough reviews from people saying they didn’t like it to its was ok but they won’t do it again to help make up my mind to not even try it 

Plus the food pics never look that appetizing 

Ill stick to Chops 

• Like 1

We did Wonderland for the first time last month.  For our family of 4 it was $225 (my youngest was a discounted rate).  We did not like it.  I'm sorry for all the Wonderland lovers lol.  It was a very long boring drawn out experience for us.  Too many appetizers that we didn't really like (first for us we are foodies) and my main course, along with my daughters, were served in the main dining room the next night.  I was a bit peeved.  Now, if you could go and just eat the dessert, that may be worth it in my opinion.  It was the only course we really enjoyed.

4 hours ago, zeroed said:

Our experience also...  We tried it on Odyssey when we had the UDP. I was quite nervous going in but we enjoyed the experience and were glad we tried it. I suspect that we are in the one and done crowd as well though.  Perhaps if something had really grabbed my taste buds I'd be more inclined to go again but there was more a sense of relief that I didn't hate anything rather than a desire to go back because I really loved something.

• Like 1