The Daily for Tuesday 04/19/2022

richwmn

15 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Well, the time has come to turn off the laptop, and take it out to the motorhome.  I'll check in and post when I have a chance while we are on the road.  This will be last load to go out tonight.  We've got the cover on the car and the Polaris Ranger secured behind the car.  All the storage buildings are locked.

@SusieKIslandGirl  Good news that there was can cancelation and your can have the hip replacement sooner.  It's not that long until June. 

Lenda

Wishing you a safe and enjoyable road trip!  🚐 ☀️  😊

• Like 11

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

This may be unpopular but if you still have any symptoms  or haven’t tested  test negative twice two days in a row you shouldn’t be out in public.   It’s far too easy to spread. It’s called stealth omicrom for a reason. The Chinese who are testing everyone, have found you can test positive on the rapid tests and negative on the PCR.  I was aware of the reverse, so please stay safe and assume you are contagious if you have any symptoms. 

First thing tomorrow before we go anywhere.  Symptoms are gone.  Doing fine. Thanks.

Terri

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Well, the time has come to turn off the laptop, and take it out to the motorhome.  I'll check in and post when I have a chance while we are on the road.  This will be last load to go out tonight.  We've got the cover on the car and the Polaris Ranger secured behind the car.  All the storage buildings are locked.

Enjoy your trip.

Terri

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@Quartzsite Cruiser  

Drive safely and stop at every Cracker Barrell.  Hope to see you post soon!

Why is it that bad things mostly created by people always seem to happen In April?  Oklahoma, Columbine, and I am sure that there are others. I just cant think of them.

Yesterday after scrambling to get my hours back., splitting time between the two campaigns, and getting reinstated for Hollywood Bowl, we all got an announcement that Hollywood Bowl is done as of this Saturday.  No more Bowl, but if we were interested we could sign up and be trained on the Walt Disney Concert Hall.  I opted for temporary poverty.  This may be a bad decision as California is very strict with Covid regulations, but they are open and performing.  eh, Dayton not so much.  And with this new strain of stealth, who knows what our country will look like a month from now if people don't continue to wear masks to stop if spreading like wildfire.  I am tired of working late hours, so I am trying to stick with a campaign in the east coast.  And with more free hours, I can go back to the senior center's OUTDOOR classes.  Drawing, Qi Gong and walks in the hills. 

I was going through a photo from the senior center last year, this is pre vein surgery.  DH and I at the first get together since Covid began, we all met out side, did some dance in our space, and for some reason the photographer like taking picture of me, and this one got saved as it was sent to my heart and vein doc, for a before and after picture.  I so see that what i thought was blond hair really isn't blond...

image.png.9c0d1fd31adeb2add999dfc9081dfc97.png

photo?spsize=80X80&fallback_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fdh%2Fap%2Fsocial%2Fprofile%2Fprofile_a64.png&alphatar_photo=true&appId=YMailNorrin&badge=false
Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 20

Thank you to @rafinmd Roy, @StLouisCruisers, Sandi,  @JazzyV, Vanessa, @smitty34877 Terry, @AncientWanderer Maxine, @Cruzin Terri Terri, and @marshhawk Ann, for the good wishes for our trip.  When we were much younger, we would make it in two very long days.  Now, we take it easy and usually take four days, stopping early each afternoon.  DH does the driving and is a safe driver.

@marshhawk  Ann, while we like Cracker Barrel, we won't be stopping at any this time.  A 40 foot motorhome takes up a lot of space in a parking lot.  I stock the refrigerator with easy to fix meals to have after we stop for the day.

@Cruzin Terri  I'm glad the information on Potimao was helpful.  Our cruise was the only time I've seen it on an itinerary.  Hope the test tomorrow is negative, and you can enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thank you to @rafinmd Roy, @StLouisCruisers, Sandi,  @JazzyV, Vanessa, @smitty34877 Terry, @AncientWanderer Maxine, @Cruzin Terri Terri, and @marshhawk Ann, for the good wishes for our trip.  When we were much younger, we would make it in two very long days.  Now, we take it easy and usually take four days, stopping early each afternoon.  DH does the driving and is a safe driver.

@marshhawk  Ann, while we like Cracker Barrel, we won't be stopping at any this time.  A 40 foot motorhome takes up a lot of space in a parking lot.  I stock the refrigerator with easy to fix meals to have after we stop for the day.

@Cruzin Terri  I'm glad the information on Potimao was helpful.  Our cruise was the only time I've seen it on an itinerary.  Hope the test tomorrow is negative, and you can enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Lenda

Have a safe trip!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@SusieKIslandGirl  Good news that there was can cancelation and your can have the hip replacement sooner.  It's not that long until June. 

Lenda

Safe travels, Lenda!

• Like 10

11 hours ago, kochleffel said:

The weather report says that we had 7 inches of snow overnight, but I see only a dusting on the lawn and none on the street.

Areas east of here, however, had much more snow, most of which stuck, and widespread power outages. I think that 100,000 homes are still without electricity, and several counties have declared states of emergency. A friend in the county immediately to the east posted early this morning, using her phone, that power at her place was out, and just now posted that it's still out. She says that she has somewhere to go if her house gets too cold but is OK for now.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Safe travels!  Glad you’re taking your time, enjoy the journey!  I hear you about parking those beasties,  we finally put our RV  on a  permanent lot. 

• Like 6

Very late to the party, we had a busy day today.  As soon as I read where Roy mentioned the weather , I went to check on the cheetah babes at the National Zoo.  When it is cold, they tend to hunker down in their heated den, and here they are all on top of each other, they are getting so big!

907332850_ScreenShot2022-04-19at7_01_25PM.thumb.jpeg.58e4c6cd2eccf0c5ddddb6e5a6b4e651.jpeg

More tomorrow.  Best to everyone!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the contributions to this daily thread, the only Scarborough we have visited is in the UK.

@Quartzsite Cruiser best wishes for safe traveling.

@leafsnationWelcome to the daily threads, hope you will have a wonderful cruise.

@SusieKIslandGirl such good news that you have a date for your Hip Replacement surgery.

@grapau27 thank you for replying to my query yesterday.

@aliaschief sorry to hear of the rising number of covid cases. Will your world cruise be visiting down here?

Trees are loosing their leaves, it;s a cooler day, a few raindrops.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Here is the current ship protocols that we recently experienced. If you test positive you will be offered quarantine on ship or if around turn around a  5:day quarantine in a Hal selected hotel that they will provide for. If your on board and have tested Covid positive you will be put in a  balcony cabin and quarantined. After five days of quarantine if you test negative for two days in a row you will be cleared to rejoin the cruise.

If you become ill during your cruise  and have cold like symptoms you are responsible and should seek the  on board clinic and request testing versus spreading.

Believe me, if you are fully vaccinated and boosted and have common cold symptoms of fever, head cold, being tired, and cough you may likely have Covid. 

Ask the clinic to test and maybe you can  protect you’re fellow cruise passengers.

Hopefully, we all accept some personal responsibilities in this era of cruising.

It used to be I have a cold, flu, upset gut while cruising. Today carrying on  as normal may not be the way to go.

Ask the onboard clinic to test or utilize some of the free test our government has provided.

Covid is still out there. Seven of our relatives have it from attending a wonderful weekend get together. 

We are looking forward to the no mask future but realize our acceptability’s and responsibilities.

One remembers how many private excursions or ship excursions we have taken when one guest with cold type symptoms, should have stayed aboard. Results being many were further victims.

A new area of trying our best to be responsible.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the contributions to this daily thread, the only Scarborough we have visited is in the UK.

@leafsnationWelcome to the daily threads, hope you will have a wonderful cruise.

@SusieKIslandGirl such good news that you have a date for your Hip Replacement surgery.

@aliaschief sorry to hear of the rising number of covid cases. Will your world cruise be visiting down here?

Thanks. No worries, my friends they  all have been fully vaccinated and boosted and just have cold like symptoms. It’s still out there.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, superoma said:

Have a safe trip!

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Safe travels, Lenda!

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Safe travels!  Glad you’re taking your time, enjoy the journey!  I hear you about parking those beasties,  we finally put our RV  on a  permanent lot. 

2 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thank all of you for the wishes for safe travels for us.

27 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser, safe travels to you.  Do you stop in Las Cruces?  Our old home.  Loved the Mexican food we could get there.

Thank you.  We stop in Deming where there is a campground we like.

Lenda

• Like 7

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Here is the current ship protocols that we recently experienced. If you test positive you will be offered quarantine on ship or if around turn around a  5:day quarantine in a Hal selected hotel that they will provide for. If your on board and have tested Covid positive you will be put in a  balcony cabin and quarantined. After five days of quarantine if you test negative for two days in a row you will be cleared to rejoin the cruise.

If you become ill during your cruise  and have cold like symptoms you are responsible and should seek the  on board clinic and request testing versus spreading.

Believe me, if you are fully vaccinated and boosted and have common cold symptoms of fever, head cold, being tired, and cough you may likely have Covid. 

Ask the clinic to test and maybe you can  protect you’re fellow cruise passengers.

Hopefully, we all accept some personal responsibilities in this era of cruising.

It used to be I have a cold, flu, upset gut while cruising. Today carrying on  as normal may not be the way to go.

Ask the onboard clinic to test or utilize some of the free test our government has provided.

Covid is still out there. Seven of our relatives have it from attending a wonderful weekend get together. 

We are looking forward to the no mask future but realize our acceptability’s and responsibilities.

One remembers how many private excursions or ship excursions we have taken when one guest with cold type symptoms, should have stayed aboard. Results being many were further victims.

Thank you for the reminder.  Just to put your mind at ease.  I have self tested this morning and am negative.  I would never think of going anywhere or being with others if that were not the case.

I know your DW’s family is in a difficult situation right now and I hope that resolves soon.

Terri

• Like 7

11 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

It sounds like we're in the minority weatherwise. It's been a sunny, calm day after a bit of morning drizzle. The dandelions are enjoying the sun too!  And I'm doing the happy dance-sort of. After waiting for several months for a date for hip replacement surgery I received a phone call yesterday asking me if I still wanted a June date that showed up on the cancellation list. Yes-really didn't want to wait until July or August. Was sad when our May Volendam cruise was cancelled but probably the best for me even though I was ready to limp through Norway.

Excellent news!  Glad your date had been moved up.  You’ll not be limping through Norway next year 🙂 

11 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Safe travels.  Hope you have a good trip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Very late to the party, we had a busy day today.  As soon as I read where Roy mentioned the weather , I went to check on the cheetah babes at the National Zoo.  When it is cold, they tend to hunker down in their heated den, and here they are all on top of each other, they are getting so big!

907332850_ScreenShot2022-04-19at7_01_25PM.thumb.jpeg.58e4c6cd2eccf0c5ddddb6e5a6b4e651.jpeg

More tomorrow.  Best to everyone!

Thanks for the adorable picture!

How many cheetah babies are there in the picture?

Tough to count when they are so cuddled up...😊

• Like 2

14 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Appreciate your wisdom and insight.  Wouldn’t it be lovely if something good came of all this,  cruise crud eradicated, perhaps.   Before Covid, I caught influenza onboard prior to a back to back Alaska land and cruise,  needless to say spending nine nights in Anchorage wasn’t my plan.  So being responsible would help limit many unwanted illnesses.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

Thanks for the adorable picture!

How many cheetah babies are there in the picture?

Tough to count when they are so cuddled up...😊

There are five of them.  I'm not sure if they are called cubs or kittens!  They were born October 12 so they are just 6 months old.  They have been so much fun to watch as they grew up, but of course, in their natural habitat, they wouldn't have all the snow and cold of the DC area.  The web cams are in two of their dens, so that's the only time we see them live, here:  

https://nationalzoo.si.edu/webcams/cheetah-cub-cam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1