The new Diamond voucher system is such a blessing

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes!   You can use your set sail pass if you haven't been to cabin for sea pass.

They reload just after midnight every night.

And they work on the very last morning too!  I have used them to get some iced lattes to go for the drive home.

If I want to use any of my wife’s excess vouchers do I need her card or will the bartender just charge it to the room?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think the DL will be eliminated. It has already been moved to less desirable locations on new, and some of the amped older, ships and I suspect RCI will leave it at that.

I hope your right but I'm not so sure. All the comments here and any other thread that discusses it are I love it, its so convenient, no need to sit with the drunks in the DL, I can have my cocktail hour anywhere etc

Everyone it seems prefers the change so if it isn't announced by Royal in the next 18 months that it is being changed to something revenue generating like an addition to 'The Key' benefits for example I will be amazed.

29 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

If I want to use any of my wife’s excess vouchers do I need her card or will the bartender just charge it to the room?

I used to my hubby's vouchers without his card, no problem.   I would just ask bartender to apply to his voucher and give cabin number.  They don't care.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes!   You can use your set sail pass if you haven't been to cabin for sea pass.

They reload just after midnight every night.

And they work on the very last morning too!  I have used them to get some iced lattes to go for the drive home.

Oh my, I had no idea the vouchers worked on the last morning!!  Great info for our upcoming trip!!  Thanks!

100% agree with loving the new system.  While I do enjoy drinking during the day by the pool on sea days, I now find myself counting the calories more than enjoying the drinks!  LOL

The 4 drinks was perfect for us and even then we got bottled water for the ports on two occasions.  Island Lady, the Oberon was my favorite as well in the MDR!!

Not sure that we will frequent the Diamond Lounge on our next cruise on the Odyssey due to the lack of a view from this spot.  I miss the days of the DL being the in the front of the Viking Crown Lounge and the forward view.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

They are being very smart about this.  Many (most?) people who have 5 or 6 vouchers will not buy the DBP, but may well buy some extra drinks, for which they will pay full price.  😉

Pretty sure, other than test cruise, I have yet to pay for a drink. But we get 6, and sometimes the wifey shares😇

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, little britain said:

The old smoking room on deck 5 of Voyager being a perfect example of a “too small undesirable location” lounge! 

Grab a coffee and head back to cabin

Is it crowded during the late morning, early afternoon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Easiest way is have her buy a few rounds earlie in day

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I used to my hubby's vouchers without his card, no problem.   I would just ask bartender to apply to his voucher and give cabin number.  They don't care.

I've had a problem or two when we have different cabin numbers

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

So I finally got to try bionic bar when I was on odyssey in February. Beyond the novelty of watching the machine mix the drink I’m not sure what the attraction is.

Yep, and you can watch it for free and get a better drink in a glass somewhere else.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yep, and you can watch it for free and get a better drink in a glass somewhere else.  

Sailed on the Quantum maiden voyage (first ship with Bionic Bar).  It was very entertaining to watch all the mishaps as they continued to iron out the programming bugs.  😄

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

They are being very smart about this.  Many (most?) people who have 5 or 6 vouchers will not buy the DBP, but may well buy some extra drinks, for which they will pay full price.  😉

We at first were a bit disappointed as we really used that time in DL 🙂 . However after several tries we realized that 4 and even better 5 large drinks work just fine. Good for our health too!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Sailed on the Quantum maiden voyage (first ship with Bionic Bar).  It was very entertaining to watch all the mishaps as they continued to iron out the programming bugs.  😄

Yup...sad to see all that liquor being poured on the counter when the Bionic bartender misses the glass.

I wonder if they had a collection bucket underneath there somewhere...that would make for a nice drink. 😁

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

So I finally got to try bionic bar when I was on odyssey in February. Beyond the novelty of watching the machine mix the drink I’m not sure what the attraction is.

Agree.  

I don't see it either.  IMHO...we already have enough robotic entities in our lives.  😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blonde375 said:

Oh my, I had no idea the vouchers worked on the last morning!!  Great info for our upcoming trip!!  Thanks!

100% agree with loving the new system.  While I do enjoy drinking during the day by the pool on sea days, I now find myself counting the calories more than enjoying the drinks!  LOL

The 4 drinks was  perfect for us and even then we got bottled water for the ports on two occasions.  Island Lady, the Oberon was my favorite as well in the MDR!!

Not sure that we will frequent the Diamond Lounge on our next cruise on the Odyssey due to the lack of a view from this spot.  I miss the days of the DL being the in the front of the Viking Crown Lounge and the forward view.

The DL on Odyssey, IMHO, was not a really welcoming area for me as well.   Good for coffee in the morning, but that was it.  

Music Hall next door was always too loud with Bingo game going on, Band set up practice, etc.  Used our vouchers at Giovanni's wine bar...nice comfy over stuffed chairs and good people watching.  Would have done HH in 270, but the bar did not open until after 6 pm (our dinner at 5:30).  

We spent our Happy Hour in the VCL on EX...love sitting at the circle bar with that sweeping view, especially nice at sail away.  🙂  Boarding Mariner on the 7th, which will be our go to HH spot again.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

I'm another that likes the flexibility to use the vouchers anytime, anywhere. We like to have a drink and maybe an hors d' oeuvre before dinner. The Diamond Lounge is still packed during Happy Hour. So, depending on the location of the Diamond Lounge we'll grab some nibblers and maybe a drink and find a place to enjoy them before dinner.

• Like 2

I think that Diamond members will be more inclined to book a suite now because they can enjoy the suite lounge happy hour drinks and use their vouchers for earlier in the day or later in the evening.  Previously, if they had booked a suite, the concierge suite lounge was duplicating what they would have already received in the Diamond lounge.

6 minutes ago, Disney Princess said:

I think that Diamond members will be more inclined to book a suite now because they can enjoy the suite lounge happy hour drinks and use their vouchers for earlier in the day or later in the evening.  Previously, if they had booked a suite, the concierge suite lounge was duplicating what they would have already received in the Diamond lounge.

If booze is that important to someone, it's likely to be a lot cheaper to purchase the DBP over paying for a suite.  

• Like 1

I just think Diamond members will feel that they have more value if they wish to book a suite.  I wasn't implying that they would be overly obsessed with alcohol.  Just that being able to use vouchers whenever they like complements their time in the concierge lounge rather than clashing with the same time in the Diamond lounge.