The Daily for Sunday 05/29/2022

richwmn

56 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Looking back through my pictures, I found a few from our last cruise that stopped at Raiatea.  The island is not often included in cruises to French Polynesia from US ports.  We have been there when we have taken cruises from Papeete. 

In 2004, we did b2b cruises on Tahitian Princess.  The first included the Cook Islands and the second stopped at a couple of islands east of Tahiti.  Both cruises called at Raiatea.  

On November 29, 2004, the weather in Raiatea was not the best.  We rented a car and drove around the island.  These are a few pictures from our drive.

IMG_3943.thumb.JPG.729094a3d2ed7c43a729e3bd99dc386a.JPG

We stopped at a hotel that had over the water cabins.  Someday, I would like to spend a few days at one.  It would be nice to just walk out of your room and jump in the water to snorkel.

IMG_3944.thumb.JPG.1f433ecc0c8d0b7b334adac40a4bdbf1.JPG

IMG_3946.thumb.JPG.53da0cfd255466d07c3935e60e236a0d.JPG

IMG_3948.thumb.JPG.8d12618f9e034f6cc68eb903b50baaae.JPG

On December 11, 2004, IIRC, we did a snorkeling tour.  These pictures were taken from the boat.

IMG_4048.thumb.JPG.1698770977e37034f393ec8af0168c30.JPG

IMG_4049.thumb.JPG.ad018680fa5b8416438c190d78e17cd6.JPG

IMG_4051.thumb.JPG.8aac00fcefdc4a52fffc3851fd750469.JPG

IMG_4052.thumb.JPG.5da1ec8b88528611b9543027c1ed5706.JPG

Walking around town, we saw quite a few shops decorated for Christmas.  They mainly had aluminum trees, and frankly, the did look a little out of place in that tropical setting.

Lenda

Lovely pictures Lenda.

This is how I pictured in my mind what Polynesia would be like.

This photo was after church and a McDonald's takeaway in Seaham, County Durham, England.

No way as exotic as your photos but it is only 5 miles from home.

Graham.

IMG_20220529_192548.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Sunday Daily, Rich.  Right now peacekeeping is a huge challenge.  I  don't think the 500 will be broadcast on the ship today.  I don't compost and don't really have a lot of the appropriate waste but salute those who do,  I like the Cummings quote and have been to Raiatea a few times.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is  (Kids) Fruit Salad, Lasagna al Forno, and Coconut Layer Cake as served on Adventure of the Seas May 28, 2022,

dishes28.jpg

Today’s care list:

Malinda with stage 4 cancer
Wildfire near durango scots
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
Buddy with continuing problems ad problematic bone scan
From the rotation:
Ukraine
1Angelcat facing expensive medicines
Strength, peace, and healing for kazu
Cruzin Terri with continuing health problems

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Hawaii getaway for Rowsby
Surgery set for dfish 1 June
cunnorl weekend wedding trip to Naples(FL)
Ancient Wander and Dhcovid free and ready for new grandchild
3 Days for Sharon in AZ (Oosterdam June 1 to 13 + 6 days Venice)
Vict0riannhelp with my IPAD problem
rafinmd (Adventure OTS to May 31),Dismomx5 and lazey1 (Koningsdam to 6/4) and StLouisCruisers and kb4683(Island Princess  to 6/29) at sea
Welcome home Overhead Fred
kochleffel best wishes with onward plans (or you still on the Jade)
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Roy, in my post yesterday about things here at The Daily I forgot to thank you for the various lists that you put out everyday, you do a great job.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, richwmn said:

Wine of the Day - Theopolis 2018 Estate Grown Petite Sirah (Yorkvill

Wow.  This is a low-production winery that deserves any shout-out.  Well, done @richwmn

7 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Theopolis 2018 Estate Grown Petite Sirah

This wine offers you a “thrill ride”! It is at the top of my budget range, and though I might try a taste - I probably would not purchase it. Several online distributors with prices starting at $40.00.

Drop by the XBGuys' adobe in Diamond Bar.  Not the 2018 vintage but I do have three bottles of the Theopolis PS--2013, 2015 and 2016.  My wine guru advises that PS is not really ready for drinking before 10 years after harvest.  So, that 2013 will be ready in about a year and a half. Or, if the spirit moves me, I might just pop one on a whim.  These are BIG, MOUTHFILLING wines, that are great with  hearty meals.  Also, PS might possibly be the most beautiful wine in the glass--dark, dark purple.

Theopolis also offers a very interesting white wine made from the Symphony grape which might appeal to more Dailyites.  Symphony is a hybrid of the Muscat of Alexandria and Grenache Gris grapes.  The wine is very approachable--a somewhat floral nose and somewhat fruity, but very refreshing, on the tongue.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@marshhawk  Ann, we watched part of the F1 replay including the rain delay and that horrible wreck.  Now, it's Indy on tv.  For you and all the F! fans on the Daily here are a couple of pictures we took during the week before the Monaco Grand Prix.  Actually, the first one was taken in 2019, and the second one was taken May 20, 2002.

So, who won?

I do most of my motorsports TV viewing via DVR, and I guess I didn't add enough time onto the Monaco event to accommodate the various delays.  My DVR stopped recording with about 2 minutles left in the race.  I see that there is a replay this afternoon.  I may interrupt my viewing of the I500 to catch the end of Monaco.

And lest readers be too concerned, yes, there was a wreck at Monaco that caused the race to be stopped to allow the course workers to clear it.  However, the driver walked away and appeared to be fine.

So, I still have 1100 miles of racing to watch, today.  Life is good.  😁

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@Quartzsite Cruiser I was going to say I don't remember  a crash in F1 this morning, but then I remembered, it was Mick.   Poor Mick, and the Haas team.  I dont even know what ended Magnuson's run this morning.

Ok, my "guy" won this morning, much to the disappointment of DH.  Right team, wrong guy, but it turns out he was rooting for Ferrari.  F1, to anyone who doesn't understand my "addiction"-  beautiful fast cars, and rather adorable looking men. (and yes i'm old enough to be their Granma)  Eye candy.  Fast speeds, gorgeous tracks,  I travel the globe every two weeks to new locations via my Roku box.  And then I got hooked on F3 and F2, cause those drivers gotta start somewhere. 

I really was on the edge of my seat this morning.  What a race!

Now I'm trying to stay awake through Indy....as Grosjean crashed out, I have no one to root for., and I must be getting tired, because I'm not even interested in the 600 tonight.  Just read there was a meteor shower this evening, so hoping for clear skies.  Might sit outside and check it out. 

I even decided I didn't want to cook my curry for tonight.  So I have spent the afternoon watching the race, and working on the grocery list.  I think I need a nap.

@durangoscots  super glad to hear the fire is contained!  That must be a very scary situation.

WARNING_SPOILER

@XBGuyWho won?  Perez!  Red Bull now is winning in the points.  Ferrari's finished second and fourth. Max Verstappen came in third.

th?id=OIF.SeFkiZPn5yanGIId9Gzqrw&pid=Api&P=0&w=158&h=201

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mtn2Sea said:

So sorry you had to miss your cruise.  I’ve seen a few other comments regarding problems making contact with FlightEase when a problem arose.  Our air portion for our upcoming cruise in August was booked through FlightEase.  Could you expand on your experience in going in touch with FlightEase to make changes to your flight schedule.  Also, any advice if this situation arises would be most appreciated!

First the good news. We had our initial flight cancelled in the middle of the night just prior to boarding. FlightEase was quick to obtain a new flight for me without issue. The new ticketing was emailed promptly.

Now for the bad. When we had to cancel our travel agent did the cancellation. She gave me a phone number to call for FlightEase because I had all the information that they would need. The first time I called I had a wait time of “less than four hours “. At around the four hour mark the hold music went to dead air. Nothing. 😭

The next day I tried again. I tried right just before seven (weekend hours) and I got a “wait time of less than one hour“. I had by this time given my travel agent the information that she would need to book me. At the two hour mark of waiting on hold, I emailed her frantic wondering if I was possibly in a system of another world. She informed me that she was on two lines with them both with a “wait time of less than four hours”. At the three hour mark on hold I got an email from my travel agent that she had secured the dates and times for the flight that I need. I never was able to connect.

I believe there is a 24/7 emergency number. Next time I would call that in the middle of the night. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

First the good news. We had our initial flight cancelled in the middle of the night just prior to boarding. FlightEase was quick to obtain a new flight for me without issue. The new ticketing was emailed promptly.

Now for the bad. When we had to cancel our travel agent did the cancellation. She gave me a phone number to call for FlightEase because I had all the information that they would need. The first time I called I had a wait time of “less than four hours “. At around the four hour mark the hold music went to dead air. Nothing. 😭

The next day I tried again. I tried right just before seven (weekend hours) and I got a “wait time of less than one hour“. I had by this time given my travel agent the information that she would need to book me. At the two hour mark of waiting on hold, I emailed her frantic wondering if I was possibly in a system of another world. She informed me that she was on two lines with them both with a “wait time of less than four hours”. At the three hour mark on hold I got an email from my travel agent that she had secured the dates and times for the flight that I need. I never was able to connect.

I believe there is a 24/7 emergency number. Next time I would call that in the middle of the night. 

Thanks for the info.  What a nightmare!

• Like 15

Good afternoon from the Island Princess!  Hi, @StLouisCruisersSandi, if you’re still following!

My Indy 500 story….

Born and raised about 45 miles from Indy and worked for a division of GM who supplied the external starters for the cars.  Every May our division had a garage in Gasoline Alley and employees could volunteer to help “man” the garage for a day (not race day).  Of course, these volunteers were just there to relieve the real technicians of the mundane chores.  The 2 times I got to go, my assignment (being female and a secretary) meant working the desk and phones.  It was really exciting to be in the midst of all the action behind the scenes.  Running messages to people in the garages and lots of drivers, team owners, etc. popping in to talk to the real workers.  Fun times 🏁🏁

Kay

Edited by kb4683
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

It turns out, I did not post any pictures on February 19, 2022, when Raiatea was the port of the day.  All my pictures were too similar to what @StLouisCruisers Sandi, and others posted that day.  Instead, the pictures below are Sandi's pictures, and I'll let her explanation, speak for itself.  Her post is in Italics.

On April 12, 2017 the Maasdam stopped in Uturoa, Raiatea, French Polynesia.  This is what it looked like from the top deck of the ship that morning.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpo3ARYqqwNoXcVBVSroda?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024029

This cheery group played and sang for us as we departed the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIBxeTywbcYhdl3I_HR1d6b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024042

We went to that little cafe right next to the ship for something to drink and to try their wife but unfortunately it was not working very well. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL83GjD3uzcfyGdyS6mOnEw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024070

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLu8PnKxR-g7t_F3laRkYR7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024084

It looked like you get do some type of excursion by taking a boat ride from here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKndW6tng0MrYucZrE0jytt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024077

Across the street was this tent with a crowd gathered so we went to see what was going on.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVINubUdoNds5CWj2ler2BD3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024093

More music and dancing!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTu4wyKEGiYr5eWpi5Pm_m?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024101

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8Xz166dXH2AlOC5Kc6IqI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024112

Everyone was having a good time00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKHczpSN4lLoNY2uTx7kTxD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024115

After listening for a while we went into the adjoining building where the marketplace was.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQex4duYT74FMmKcgPyM2g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024120

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLzNBeT5e3hABQeX2qL2V12?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024128

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-YVc-YCkg7jl3iWYoNQxp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024130

As we left the building we noticed our ship master, Captain van Dreumel had arrived for a Welcome to Raiatea ceremony.  He was dressed appropriately for this island tradition.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIKeTcQWf0LoR6Qv-z1h921?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024140

Where the dancing had gone on before, now everyone was seated and paying attention to the proceedings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKDyCdBLTvupyxl4gckVxDD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024143

It looked like the Captain received a plaque.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJjonTnTLzyW9uIbLupx65O?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024153

After the ceremony we walked a few blocks around town just taking it all in.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpLFS8KatrapjWzYkAs8Xf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024161

It's always fun to check out a grocery store!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJz7OGl3ep-gFijs4k7LsSy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024165

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKfIiCwffYVU49_OjJZ4UXC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024173

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKyH-AHfNw2yb95Ul-SGbqn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024168

Shopping "kiosks" near the ship00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKm2pGUGLKpjN5NB9M3eoE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024179

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIL7mgTQI4AWNymg7d46Phz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024178

Lovely fabrics were for sale here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIL7mgTQI4AWNymg7d46Phz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024178

Nearing mid day it was getting too darn hot so we decided to board the ship.  No wifi was found that morning, sad to say.  But even worse, we saw an ambulance near the gangway taking a sick passenger away.  This is not something you would like to experience so far away from home.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIqJGThXwgos2OKMLtUx4vX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024182

I do hope they weren't too ill and made it back to the ship before we sailed.  

Great  photos  thank  you.

Jim.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I am putting this out for anyone who is interested.  I hope I am not breaking any rules.

We have a WHEELCHAIR IN A BAG that we no longer need.  We used to use it for my BIL when he would travel with us, even on a plane.  It is almost new.

it folds up into a bag and is about the size of a golf bag and we have sent it through on a plane and have used it on a cruise.   

We are willing to GIVE IT AWAY to anyone who can use it.  

it is in perfect condition.

If any of you have a need for something like this and are interested, please contact me by clicking on my email link below my name.  We can work out the logistics of getting it to you.

Again.  i am not looking to sell it.  I am offering it free of charge.

i live in South Carolina, near Hilton Head, right by the Georgia border.  If someone nearby wants it, it would be an easy drive to get it to you.  If not we could figure out how to send it.

Again, I hope I am not breaking any rules.

Terri

How  thoughtful I  am  sure someone  could  use  it.

God  bless you, Jim.

• Like 13

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

I've considered composting, but haven't done any; I need to read up on it. A salute to UN peacekeepers. I used to watch the Indy 500, but not for many years.

I agree with the quote.

I like the meal and wine (although a few more $$ than I usually spend). I'll pass on the drink.

I haven't been to Raiatea. Thanks for the pictures.

It's partly sunny here and warming up (78F now). But humid. I watered plants and pulled a few weeds earlier, and was sweating a lot. 

@grapau27 Thanks for Father David's sermon today. 

@StLouisCruisers Nice to hear from you from your cruise! 

@Mr. Boston I hope you feel better by this afternoon.

@Lady Hudson Good to hear that DSIL is doing better in rehab, but sad that visitors are limited due to increases in Covid.

@seagarsmoker Happy Birthday to your DW! 

@Cruzin Terri Sorry to hear that your aches and pains are back; are you due to see your doctor anytime soon?

@Dismomx5 Sad to hear of DH's positive Covid test, quarantine, and cancellation of cruising for you. I hope DH's case is mild. 

@durangoscots Great news on the fire being contained! 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for posting Sandi's pictures and yours.

@NextOne (((HUGS))) on this first anniversary of your DH's passing. What you and DS did together sounds like a nice way to honor him.

@kazu You remain in my prayers.

Prayers for the Care List, Ukraine and all suffering the loss of loved one. A toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe and wear your mask if needed.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

An update on internet.  We stopped after lunch at the Internet Cafe and one of the young men there looked at my phone settings and toggled a button there.  Suddenly internet was back on the IPhone!  Since I don't remember changing anything after Friday I have no idea what the problem was, but internet service is back on the phone even while I stay safe with Airplane mode on.  It's a joy to be able to check in here occasionally during the day to make sure you are all doing okay.

I can't promise anything after leaving Halifax and heading to Reykjavik though!  Five more sea days.

Toodles as Linda Minnikin used to say!

• Like 24

16 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

An update on internet.  We stopped after lunch at the Internet Cafe and one of the young men there looked at my phone settings and toggled a button there.  Suddenly internet was back on the IPhone!  Since I don't remember changing anything after Friday I have no idea what the problem was, but internet service is back on the phone even while I stay safe with Airplane mode on.  It's a joy to be able to check in here occasionally during the day to make sure you are all doing okay.

I can't promise anything after leaving Halifax and heading to Reykjavik though!  Five more sea days.

Toodles as Linda Minnikin used to say!

Lovely to hear from you Sandi.

Wishing you both an amazing time and cruise.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NextOne said:

Hi friends! This past week marked the first anniversary of DH's death, so DS & I marked the event by going to one of DH's favorite restaurants for lunch yesterday & ordering his favorite meal -- cream of crab soup, hush puppies, crab cake, cucumber salad, and onion rings. On the way home, we stopped at his favorite ice cream stand for soft serve. Along the way, we shared stories of a life well-lived. It gave us some needed closure to a rough year.

DH & I were in Raiatea on the Eurodam's first visit there in 2019. Our pictures were almost identical to those posted by @Quartzsite Cruiser, so I won't post any. Luckily, I don't think there was an ambulance there on our visit!

Prayers for so many of our dear ones that need them, and cheers for all who are celebrating! Stay well and safe!

Edi

A very sad memory but you certainly made the best of it.  Wishing you continued healing.

Roy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon , and happy Memorial Day weekend to our American neighbours.  The Swiftsure sailing race took place yesterday and today there is an Ironman race here, both the first since 2019.  Things are trying to get back to normal. (But not altogether - in the past all the American cousins would be up here for the weekend and we would be doing lots of entertaining!)   Wonderful sermon today from Father David, Graham, as a very amateur seamstress, it hit home for me.  I always needed a pattern!   DD has occasionally made us an enchilada pie, but I think I prefer my own enchilada, as then I can have mine without jalapeños!   @Dismomx5, so sorry your cruise didn't work out - hope the family members who did go enjoyed themselves.   

We always composted in our garden in Oak Bay, three bins and Pat was forever turning and aerating them.  One winter a rat decided to make his/her home in one and unfortunately the pile fell in on him and we found his little body the next Spring.  Other than the rat, we never added any cooked or animal matter!  In this townhouse complex we have a bi-weekly private compost pickup, so we can put cooked and animal matter in it, and it is composted at an indoor facility.  We also have pickups for hard plastics and paper.  At a nearby school, once a month there is a recycling drop-off place for styrofoam and soft plastics.  And there is a place to take electronics and small appliances to be recycled.  So we have minuscule bins to be picked up for the landfill.

I think I posted my pictures from Raiatea the last time it was the port of the day, my pictures are much like the others.  I remember it was hot and rainy.  And there were a lot of mynah birds, I had a pet mynah as a child, so I love them.

P1020647.thumb.JPG.826f10cc86c9293e73ca38b2b506fb6b.JPG

We must be in a countdown, watching Westie slowly making her way up the coast, heading for Seattle to go back into service.  How exciting it must be for HAL to finally have all the ships back in action! - I guess that's why there is a Celebration Sale on now...

I have been having problems with CC lately, actually  I don't know if it is my computer or CC, but also we are going down to Bellingham for a few days to celebrate Pat's birthday (Tuesday) so I may not be around for a bit.  But you will all be in my thoughts!

• Like 23

Good afternoon, all. I’ve definitely missed morning. We have a composted on Salt Spring. It’s tucked away in the woods so if the raccoons do get it, it’s away from the house. Nothing goes in it but raw veggie trimmings and compostable coffee filters, so they don’t bother it. In Chilliwack I put the raw veggie peels and trimmings in the Vitamix at the end of the day with lots of water and pour it at the roots of a rose bush or banana plant. It soaks into the ground with no visible residue and doesn’t attract bugs or rodents. It definitely nourishes the plants, though!

@Dismomx5 I’m sorry your DH tested positive and your lovely cruise came crashing down. Especially with the hassle involved in cancelling your flights!

@NextOne the first anniversary of your DH passing must be so painful. It’s good that your DS was there and you could go through that together. ((Hugs))

@durangoscots thank goodness the fire is contained and you are safe!

@AncientWanderer so glad  that your DH is testing negative now!

@Overhead Fred Im glad your cottage was spared in that terrible storm - especially as you and Mitzi were in it at the time!

Before our company arrived yesterday, I printed a couple of scarves. I’m experimenting with tannins from red Japanese maple, and pleased with how it works with the prints! I rinsed and finished them this morning. The darker one is a beautiful silver gray in person.

8D5B3C68-A2B2-4BE5-8177-823007749874.thumb.jpeg.1b72aa67c3fb0885f3d95ac2280995d6.jpeg

Happy Sunday, everyone, especially those lucky enough to spend Memorial,Day weekend on a BHB!
CBD43FFD-C1A7-4F9F-9EE5-ED1DB868B8F0.thumb.jpeg.c50da47a8eaf6d6b80b6feacb6200749.jpeg

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Dismomx5 said:

Good morning! Thank you for the Daily, the lists, meal and wine suggestions. It’s a cloudy and cool day here in Vancouver. Another layabout day, when I should be cruising.

DH and I flew to Vancouver to join the Koningsdam with family on Thursday. First thing we did was get the COVID test done. I tested -ve and hubby tested +ve. We had pretty much been hermits for the 10 days leading up to the cruise, but for a family birthday party (all part of our bubble). It seems as though one of the munchkins was asymptomatic. 5 days of quarantine here at the hotel, and then we will go home. Not the way things were planned and the process of getting in touch with FlightEase was painful. There HAS to be a better way!

On the positive side, my sisters/brothers-in-law are experiencing why I love HAL for the first time. I’m looking forward to their impressions. 

Be well everyone. Prayers for those who need them, whether they know it or not. Cheers to those celebrating. Blessings to all. 

• Like 1