Enough with all the moaning = Celebrity Cruises, you rock!

Miaminice

23 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Normally they'd be off the ship and can then decide what to do. Shows you what world we're living in nowadays that this seems to be accepted as normality by some.

Sure it's nice to have the option but it's hardly a "free cruise" to be locked away in a room with just a window. In that case you could also call a prison stint a "free long term holiday". Personally I don't think the cruise line should be responsible if I get sick on board. I can't hold my local Whole Foods responsible either if I catch Covid while grocery shopping.

Another reason why I'd never ever have myself tested on board under any circumstances.

🙈 Celebrity offer the coverage. Your Whole Goods doesn’t… nice to see  X live up to it. That’s all. 

Reasoning with someone who comes up with such comparisons is obviously futile. So enjoy you evening!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

🙈 Celebrity offer the coverage. Your Whole Goods doesn’t… nice to see  X live up to it. That’s all. 

Reasoning with someone who comes up with such comparisons is obviously futile. So enjoy you evening!

You seem to be a very nice, kind, objective person......but defensive when a different opinion is expressed other than your own.  I think some of these posters are just sharing their anxieties or opinions and not attacking you or being defensive.  I personally think it's great that your friends are ok with the extra time onboard vs a land hotel and sorry that they became ill.  But we'd be unhappy with a cabin without the fresh air of a balcony especially experiencing the virus and sick, so that becomes part of OUR decision to sail in the near term...BTW...we've enjoyed every X cruise we've taken (over 30);  we are not being critical of the cruise line.  We know what the policy is so it's up to us to decide if we sail and therefore can accept the result of a move if we become ill. JMHO.

• Like 4

There are too many Covid/quarantine accounts on cruises for us to be eager to book anything right now. Covid problems, of course, are not caused by Celebrity or any cruise line. In fact I suspect many on board cases are contracted on flights to the cruise, and not onboard. Zero distancing on flights. Celebrity seems to be doing the best it can with this problem, which it is not causing. Most lines are. 

In fact, I have not heard or read of non- Covid horror stories on Celebrity, but I have read these about other lines — including lux lines. On one lux line there were accounts of three hour waits for food n the MDR due to being short staffed and the staff they had was inexperienced. This was a recurring problem.No guests were comped anything. 

1 hour ago, Fly and Sail said:

Normally they'd be off the ship and can then decide what to do. Shows you what world we're living in nowadays that this seems to be accepted as normality by some.

Sure it's nice to have the option but it's hardly a "free cruise" to be locked away in a room with just a window. In that case you could also call a prison stint a "free long term holiday". Personally I don't think the cruise line should be responsible if I get sick on board. I can't hold my local Whole Foods responsible either if I catch Covid while grocery shopping.

Another reason why I'd never ever have myself tested on board under any circumstances.

There's some additional complaints by many who are isolated/stuck in a room (oy, the X cheerleaders will love this):

1)  Internet, at the moment it really slow, sometimes unusable

2)  TV/Movies, regular TV is limited, on demand movies are also limited

3)  Room Service hold, many have reported around a half hour wait on hold before room service will take your food order, then food taking over an hour to arrive and it arrives cold; perhaps this is already fixed or will be fixed once they're over their staff shortages

Best case scenario should be that you get to isolate in your room.  There have been a few reports of this but seems to be rare (perhaps the isolation OVs are full?) but this isn't fleet wide.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

Thanks,  again,  for confirming the obvious. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

7 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Here we go, the complainers take over again. 🙄 As soon as one starts… Sad that some have such negativity in them. I sincerely feel sorry for you!

We had a great cruise - food was great, service was delightfully overwhelming, the ship is beautiful. Enough reasons for us to see things positive. But yeah, I figured that positivity is too old school for some who find a personal ego booster in moaning and complaining. I was waiting for being criticised for seeing the glass more than half full. So sad! Maybe pathetic is even the better word.

I didn't see any negative comments, which means that my Ignored Users list is working as intended!

For those who don't know how to set one up, go to the main menu, click on your account settings, then select Ignored Users. Type in a name, the system will confirm it and ask what do you want to ignore from them. (I choose posts and messages).

You will see that they have commented in a thread or have started a thread, but you won't see what they posted unless you actively choose to.

Screenshot_20220619-200924~2.png

Screenshot_20220619-200849~3.png

Screenshot_20220619-201840~2.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

You seem to be a very nice, kind, objective person......but defensive when a different opinion is expressed other than your own. 

First: Thank you!

Second: on the contrary, all who know me also know that I value an exchange of different opinions. IF and WHEN conducted based on facts and common sense. 

And yes, I fully admit that I have a low tolerance for statements like “free cruise my a….” calling isolating “imprisonment” and all this entitlement.

We all know the policies. If one takes a cruise one takes the risk of being infected. There is no social distancing on board, masks are only worn by a minority of passengers. If one gets infected he or she will be isolated in a stateroom which is available on the decks reserved for isolation. That can be a balcony an Oceanview or even an inside. That’s what we accept when going on a cruise.

Food taking too long, food not being hot… please!!! Nobody would bring me food if I had to isolate at home.

Which btw I have to do now. Came down with a cold and tested positive today. 
I took the risk, it happened - no complaints from my side 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

My wife we and I are on The Silhouette Ireland and Iceland cruise out of Southampton. So far, Celebrity has been amazing. The service, the friendliness, the amenities and the food have all been great (except Le Petit Chef, I didn't like the food there). I am looking forward to our next sailing in 2024.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Which btw I have to do now. Came down with a cold and tested positive today. 
I took the risk, it happened - no complaints from my side 🤷🏻‍♂️

We wish you a speedy recovery. 

• Like 2

Maiminice,

So nice to see a posting from you again.  We’re another couple whose Japan cruise was cancelled again. I had gotten so much information for you previous reviews.  Booked Hawaii this coming spring, putting Japan on hold for awhile.

I agree with your comments.  We all know the risks and protocols when we go on a cruise.  If one can’t live with the protocols then perhaps they should not be cruising right now.   We were very fortunate that our Apex cruise this past Feb had no Covid cases.  But we went back and forth about going or delaying.  

Are you doing a review of this cruise?

thanks, Vicky

• Like 1

When you read cruise-critic it seems everyone who is cruising Celebrity is getting Covid. On CC, the pandemic is raging.

When you read Facebook Celebrity group posts no one talks about Covid. It’s like it doesn’t exist. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Are you doing a review of this cruise?

thanks, Vicky

I did post on FB while we went along. I have to admit that I didn´t do it on CC - mainly because uploading pictures here while on board is really no fun.
Maybe I will take the time to do it now, post cruise. After all I will be stuck at home this week :-)

Miaminice,  Thank you for the positiveness making the best of a less than desirable situation.  

I was surprised on our February Apex cruise how much more elevated the food and service was than my previous Celebrity cruise pre-covid. 

Frankly I feel Celebrity stepped up by upgrading y'all when they didn't have to.  Then giving your friends the option to quarantine in a hotel or stay onboard for the next cruise certainly shows a strong improved customer service attitude.

I hope those crew attitudes continue. It would make me consider cruising Celebrity more frequently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Miaminice,  Thank you for the positiveness making the best of a less than desirable situation.  

I was surprised on our February Apex cruise how much more elevated the food and service was than my previous Celebrity cruise pre-covid. 

Frankly I feel Celebrity stepped up by upgrading y'all when they didn't have to.  Then giving your friends the option to quarantine in a hotel or stay onboard for the next cruise certainly shows a strong improved customer service attitude.

I hope those crew attitudes continue. It would make me consider cruising Celebrity more frequently.

Note to the OP:  glad you had a great cruise and hope you recover quickly.  But people have the right to have a differing opinion, perspective and viewpoint than yours, mine and ours.  Does not make them moaners because by your analogy you’d be one too for moaning about their reasoning.  We don’t have to post here, but when we do we gotta suck it up that not everyone will agree with us and they will let us know about it.  I’m glad we have the right to do so.  Have a nice afternoon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think the point about moaning that the OP was making is that there are people who seem determined to respond negatively to all positive posts. Pointing that out does not mean the OP is saying the negatives don't have a right to their opinions, rather that it seems some people seem to not afford that same right to positive people. And some attack anyone who dares express understanding of why X might have done something. "Celebrity cheerleaders" is a leading example.

Everyone probably needs to be a bit more tolerant.

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 4

Agree with the OP 100%   I work hard to afford my vacations and am there to enjoy/relax, have a GREAT time.   Cut out my whining/complaining brother in law from any vacation I go on after a NCL cruise where he was non stop complaining about anything (imo non of his complaints were valid)  I was on Apex in March 2022 for my first X cruise.  It was an awesome experience, so much so, I have 2 more X cruises booked.  The crew did an outstanding job, despite being short staffed, all the little things that may have been different because of the short staff, did nothing to affect my vacation.

• Like 5

We have been on quite a number of Celebrity cruises.  Big fan. 

Let me tell you why.

We were on the last viable pre-Covid cruise on the Eclipse in March 2020.  2 weeks out of Buenos Aries around the horn.  We were also on the next cruise up to San Diego.  We get to Brazil just as their first Covid case breaks out.  Cruise is to end in Santiago Chile on March 15.  Worldwide cruising shuts down March 14.  We were to be booted off the ship.  Problem was Chile would not let us get off or even dock.  Long story short - Celebrity got us back to San Diego on our scheduled date of March 30.  We got a free cruise and top shelf open bar and free wifi and they paid for a new flight home when we cancelled it to fly out of Santiago.

They didn't have to refund our cruise, liquor us up and entertain us.  But they did.

So big fan.  Have 4 more cruises booked with them.

Cruising is a big peril now.  Just returned from a Viking River cruise.  Everyday testing.  If you were positive you got dumped at the next port.  Depending on your insurance - sometimes they assisted, sometimes they didn't.  We got lucky.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2022 at 7:25 AM, mfs2k said:

When you read cruise-critic it seems everyone who is cruising Celebrity is getting Covid. On CC, the pandemic is raging.

When you read Facebook Celebrity group posts no one talks about Covid. It’s like it doesn’t exist. 

Nice thought, but covid does exist.  Responses are a happy medium in between FB and CC.  And not everybody who cruises comes down with covid, nor is everyone complaining about it.here on CC.

Edited by Oceangoer2

34 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Nice thought, but covid does exist.  Responses are a happy medium in between FB and CC.  And not everybody who cruises comes down with covid, nor is everyone complaining about it.here on CC.

Totally missed the point. 

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

What’s the point? I don’t use FB so not sure of how it is organized for discussions and topics which I assume dffers from CC.

den

I think the point is that there's so much covid handwringing on this particular CC board compared to anywhere else. The "live from isolation" threads were particularly depressing. It's gotten a little better lately though. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 8:21 AM, Arubamoose said:

We have been on quite a number of Celebrity cruises.  Big fan. 

Let me tell you why.

We were on the last viable pre-Covid cruise on the Eclipse in March 2020.  2 weeks out of Buenos Aries around the horn.  We were also on the next cruise up to San Diego.  We get to Brazil just as their first Covid case breaks out.  Cruise is to end in Santiago Chile on March 15.  Worldwide cruising shuts down March 14.  We were to be booted off the ship.  Problem was Chile would not let us get off or even dock.  Long story short - Celebrity got us back to San Diego on our scheduled date of March 30.  We got a free cruise and top shelf open bar and free wifi and they paid for a new flight home when we cancelled it to fly out of Santiago.

They didn't have to refund our cruise, liquor us up and entertain us.  But they did.

We were also on this cruise and really appreciated the way we were looked after when Chile refused entry to us.

We were also on the next Eclipse cruise 2 years later, with Captain Leo.  This cruise was not as polished as previous Celebrity cruises, but we put that down to new hires serving on their first cruise and staff shortage.  We were made to feel like celebrities when our waiter in Blu recognised us from the previous cruise.

Miaminice, I hope you got a light dose and will recover quickly so you have energy to post your pictures.  TIA.

• Like 1