The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday June 29th, 2022

richwmn

16 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Well the tests show Ron has a very infected gall bladder. Surgery at noon. Thankful for our prayer warriors. 

Continued prayers for your DH for a quick and complete recovery!

And for @kazuand her luggage.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Partial Panama Canal, Eurodam, November 9-20,

Will you be posting one of your LIVE reports? I do this partial in January.

I'll just miss you on 11/20. After you debark, I'll board Rotterdam. Nieuw Amsterdam will also be in Port Everglades. Maybe a Tootfest??

• Like 13

Just got results.  Negative.  Pretty much a forgone conclusion as I had a PCR test Monday and would not have expected anything different from an Antigen test 2 days later.

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Will you be posting one of your LIVE reports? I do this partial in January.

I'll just miss you on 11/20. After you debark, I'll board Rotterdam. Nieuw Amsterdam will also be in Port Everglades. Maybe a Tootfest??

And I think @kazu will arrive on Rotterdam.

Roy

• Like 18

Good morning, all! Celebrating hug seems like a good addition to today. The meal sounds good for today. It has cooled down, and DH wants me to make a meatloaf. If I use separate of the ground meat mixture in the early stages, I can use it to make lumpia filling while the meatloaf is baking. They are best fresh, and meatloaf is best the next day, so that will work perfectly!

My friends retirement party yesterday was enjoyable. Although so many like to blame the worker shortage on Covid, about 90% of it is retirement. Looking around the party, it’s shocking to see the proportion of people I worked with 10 years ago who have retired in that time. Those who were new hires then are as high up the seniority ladder now as people with 25 years in used to be. Of course, 15 years ago there were lots of articles warning about the coming labour crunch due to boomers retiring at once, and now it’s here. The officer shortage is particularly bad. I wonder how the cruise lines are coping with that?

Anyway, I am off for an exciting morning of paying property taxes and cleaning out the eaves before fire season hits. The fun just never stops!😉

Congratulations @kazu for finally making it home after that marathon flight attempt. I suppose walking would have taken longer, especially with luggage and all. Now sleeeep!
Happy Wednesday, everyone. Today will be my last floor mat picture. Now that all the BHB’s are back in service, we can see these in person again and the pictures aren’t necessary I suppose.

8DC56A1A-21AD-4A61-BCA5-4BB515A866A4.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

f4e1ec8cb7c4bee969a8d4541cd75bdd.jpg

I like this quote but I’m glad I saw it now when I am home instead of at the zoo (aka Toronto airport).

47 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Well the tests show Ron has a very infected gall bladder. Surgery at noon. Thankful for our prayer warriors. 

Prayers for a successful surgery 🙏🏻 

21 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

And I think @kazu will arrive on Rotterdam.

Roy

In November this year?  We arrive on the Oosterdam.

But I do arrive in Rotterdam next year on the N Statendam - assuming I get the nerve to fly again 😉 

and, wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles…I am home and so is my bag (surprisingly enough).  My sweet neighbour was there waiting for me.  She wasn’t having me take a dirty cab home after the ordeal for the last 40 + hours.

For anyone flying, I recommend biz class - or any class that gets you priority security clearance.  That was one of my saving graces going through twice.  I normally avoid T.O. Like the plague for connections but since my friends and family live there / near there - it was not an option to skip this time.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

FC229703-7FEF-46AB-B7F4-9DB4BCF67244.thumb.jpeg.f8f2b0fe4727ab77e26a65914eeef706.jpeg

8B59990C-82B6-4EB2-BFD6-8CAED097DFA9.thumb.jpeg.578ef06728af33277aae687dc2a532a5.jpeg

Sunset last night 

1DDED52D-2EF3-4421-BEA2-91ECA4EA4AE7.thumb.jpeg.58b08468b0a86fb02af42a413f7a98ee.jpeg

Home on the Range- the bison herd established by Teddy Roosevelt 

8165211C-4EC2-46BC-9336-3DBB58CF99C3.thumb.jpeg.249ae5e08834b70e984aa8b95af93475.jpeg

North Timp Point in the backcountry 

CB7F786A-4975-4DA3-8B54-78C8116A3699.thumb.jpeg.4e995dbd920266320689e11a642eaf77.jpeg

Angel’s Window 

1B7943B3-F905-4A4A-AE0B-4979429AFB46.thumb.jpeg.39b5510813d880d7006701432483e1b4.jpegC9A62DF0-85B0-45D2-8B49-91E57B2CD9CE.thumb.jpeg.828c13506fcfabdc530df9e0c6fcc8a4.jpegF29FDDC5-73FA-40CA-88B7-86C0AA071D6C.thumb.jpeg.c23086b866384c1acc383f41084d365d.jpeg

Valley of Fire

Fantastic  Photos thanks  for  posting them.

Jim.

• Like 12

Good morning, Daily family!   Sorry about Jaguar, @1ANGELCAT.  

And happy at the same time that Jacqui is home with her bag!  (I thought you had taken just a carry-on?  Did you eventually have to check it?)  

We are flying premium economy,  but have checked and the airports have Nexus lines which hopefully will help.  We are dreading Montreal, I think it is just about as bad as Toronto.  Just have to hope that we and our bags make it to Gander.  We are still trying to figure out a back up from London to Copenhagen.  Flight Ease can't help.  The plan at the moment is to go to a travel agent when we are in England.  From Halifax to London we are flying WestJet (fingers crossed), no lounge, but we might walk over to the airport hotel.  DD says it is nice.

I haven't decided whether to do a Live From on the Viking Passage.  I think the internet can be quite iffy in those northern waters!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hoping the surgery goes well, I also had a very infected gall bladder removed in November of 2020, had lot of pain almost like a kidney stone. Surgery went well and eveything has been great since the removal. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Jaguar has crossed the rainbow bridge and is now in heaven with his brother Socks and sister Charmer.

I'm so sorry.  Rest in Peace, Jaquar.

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Prayers for an uncomplicated surgery and a quick recovery.  If it is laparoscopic like mine, he should heal quickly.  I was back to normal in a week.

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

There are shops in the terminal.  Probably about half of the previous years.

Thanks, Jake.  I hope they fill up by October.

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Just got results.  Negative.  Pretty much a forgone conclusion as I had a PCR test Monday and would not have expected anything different from an Antigen test 2 days later.

Roy

Yay!   

53 minutes ago, kazu said:

and, wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles…I am home and so is my bag (surprisingly enough).  My sweet neighbour was there waiting for me.  She wasn’t having me take a dirty cab home after the ordeal for the last 40 + hours.

For anyone flying, I recommend biz class - or any class that gets you priority security clearance.  That was one of my saving graces going through twice.  I normally avoid T.O. Like the plague for connections but since my friends and family live there / near there - it was not an option to skip this time.

I'm happy to hear that you and your bag are safely home.  Wonderful neighbors are a blessing.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

42 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Jaguar has crossed the rainbow bridge and is now in heaven with his brother Socks and sister Charmer.

1CB1D0D6-5A5D-4D13-AE9A-A9E8861AE857.jpeg

Hugs. It is never easy to lose a beloved fur family member. May your wonderful memories of Jaguar bring you some comfort. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

1CB1D0D6-5A5D-4D13-AE9A-A9E8861AE857.jpeg

Poor Jaguar and poor you 😢 You did what was right for Jaguar - it takes a special strength and is very painful 💔 Jaguar will always be with you ♥️ 

3CCB0ABB-5AEB-482C-A4E2-ABE89654718A.thumb.jpeg.34d84ec706b4d9f46a887c3c0f7d1b5b.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

And happy at the same time that Jacqui is home with her bag!  (I thought you had taken just a carry-on?  Did you eventually have to check it?)  

I had a couple of carry on’s - one very small and one true carry on size but on the way up, I expanded it and had to check it as it had lobster, jam and jellies in it.  Not allowed in carry on (jams are considered liquids and lobster that is shelled is considered caustic) I forgot that the stuff I packed them in to prevent breakage and keep the lobster cold would take up room and need to come home.  LOL.  

They were worth it though as the lobster arrived safe and the jams were fine - nothing broken 👍 

When they changed my plane last night to the puddle hopper and told me that there would be no sky jet to place a bag on, I decided to check the one that had nothing valuable in it.

It actually turned out to be a good choice.  Long walk to the shuttle bus stop and much easier with one less bag to manage and one less bag to manage when you are in the lounge.  I have no partner now to watch the bags while I go to grab something for us. 

Nexus should get you priority security in most airports, Ann - it was definitely there in Pearson.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3