The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday June 29th, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Well the tests show Ron has a very infected gall bladder. Surgery at noon. Thankful for our prayer warriors. 

Our prayers 🙏 are on their way to you both.

Best wishes for a successful surgery.

Graham 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all!   I bought DH a professional Nikon D850 last big birthday and the photos are really excellent, although we still use the iPhone as the camera and huge lens are anything but compact.  The speed of the camera is what was needed to catch some of the birds.  
@angelcat sorry to hear about Jaguar, never easy to lose a dear friend.  
@kazu so glad you are finally home!  What a mess!  
@rafinmd great news 

@TiogaCruiser lovely photos.   

2F2430C7-F47F-4A65-BAB6-79279F30625B.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kazu said:

and, wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles…I am home and so is my bag (surprisingly enough).  My sweet neighbour was there waiting for me.  She wasn’t having me take a dirty cab home after the ordeal for the last 40 + hours.

Hooray!  Hooray!  and HOORAY!!!!

Charles

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Jaguar has crossed the rainbow bridge and is now in heaven with his brother Socks and sister Charmer.

I am very sorry to hear that.

Charles

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

@kazuGlad you are home safe and sound.  Now, have a glass of wine.🙂

Just one?  😂 😆 😉 

I feel like it is 10 pm already.  I’ll shudder more at my plants and garden tomorrow.  All I will do for now is water tonight and maybe try to support a peony more or just cut some flowers for me 😉  Unless I get more energetic 😉 which if I was a betting person I’d say will not happen 😉 

• Like 31

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily/Fleet report.

I'm a camera fan, and have about 5 (mostly Nikon) - 3 DSLR and a couple of point and shoot ones; I used to have a darkroom too, until I switched to digital. I'm for hugs, but not mud. Interesting quote.

I like the meal if someone will make it for me. I'll pass on the drink and take the wine.

I haven't been to Andalsnes.

I'm late today, having gone to a doctor's appointment and a pharmacy stop. While the infection seems to have subsided, there was an extra 1.5L of fluid in the leg since last measurements in March. So both legs are wrapped (means only sponge baths). I go back Friday, and they'll rewrap. I can take it off on Sunday and resume using my usual compression stockings.

@kazu I'm glad you finally made it home. Nice neighbors! Now to decompress from that ordeal.

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels.

@dfish I like the new hair color! 

@marshhawk Sorry you're still not feeling well. Could it be some type of urinary tract issue?

@TiogaCruiser Great photos. On my only trip there, the north rim was still closed, so we did the south rim.

@Mr. Boston Safe travels and enjoy your friends and then the cruise.

@Seasick Sailor I pray that Ron's surgery went well and he has an uneventful recovery.

@rafinmd Yay on the negative test.

@1ANGELCAT So sorry to hear of the loss of your fur baby Jaguar. ((Hugs))

Prayers for the Care List and a toast for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

@Seasick Sailorsorry, my mistake - thought it was your DH, but his name is Allen, not Ron, right?   Must not have had enough caffeine in my system yet!

@kazuWoo Hoo on getting you AND your luggage home at the same time - that hasn't been the case for literally thousands of other people these past few weeks.  Do the minimum for today and get a good rest so you can accomplish more tomorrow.

@1ANGELCATI am so sad for you losing Jaguar, but we know there's a special place on the rainbow bridge for our fur babies and he'll be waiting there for you along with his brothers.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

@kazu I'm so glad you are home!  Safe and sound.

My friend Penny came over today, told her to be here at 12:45.  She showed up at 11.  I was still cooking brunch.  I was training her without her or my bosses permission.  My call log will look awful.

Two hour break now to fix dinner, salmon baked in curry  with an avocado and cashew cover and a side of fresh cooked spinach.  My carb choice is the curry sauce and angel food cake with strawberries for dessert. And then back to work until 9.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily/Fleet report.

I'm a camera fan, and have about 5 (mostly Nikon) - 3 DSLR and a couple of point and shoot ones; I used to have a darkroom too, until I switched to digital. I'm for hugs, but not mud. Interesting quote.

I like the meal if someone will make it for me. I'll pass on the drink and take the wine.

I haven't been to Andalsnes.

I'm late today, having gone to a doctor's appointment and a pharmacy stop. While the infection seems to have subsided, there was an extra 1.5L of fluid in the leg since last measurements in March. So both legs are wrapped (means only sponge baths). I go back Friday, and they'll rewrap. I can take it off on Sunday and resume using my usual compression stockings.

@kazu I'm glad you finally made it home. Nice neighbors! Now to decompress from that ordeal.

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels.

@dfish I like the new hair color! 

@marshhawk Sorry you're still not feeling well. Could it be some type of urinary tract issue?

@TiogaCruiser Great photos. On my only trip there, the north rim was still closed, so we did the south rim.

@Mr. Boston Safe travels and enjoy your friends and then the cruise.

@Seasick Sailor I pray that Ron's surgery went well and he has an uneventful recovery.

@rafinmd Yay on the negative test.

@1ANGELCAT So sorry to hear of the loss of your fur baby Jaguar. ((Hugs))

Prayers for the Care List and a toast for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Gosh, Vanessa, that sounds just awful about your legs.  I know that you know your way around health care, but do be careful.  It sounds painful as well as dangerous.

Sending prayers your way.  🙏
Maxine

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

For the next 10 days or so I'm likely to be late in my posts and I may miss some things on the lists.  Please let me know of any glaring errors.

I've  set up my reporting for my coming cruise, both blog and thread on the Cunard forum.

https://morethangetaways.wordpress.com/

Roy

Have a wonderful trip!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

For the next 10 days or so I'm likely to be late in my posts and I may miss some things on the lists.  Please let me know of any glaring errors.

I've  set up my reporting for my coming cruise, both blog and thread on the Cunard forum.

https://morethangetaways.wordpress.com/

Roy

Bon Voyage!   Have a wonderful time.

Terri

• Like 6

Good evening.  The shopping expedition was fairly successful since I found most ot the important items on my list. 

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad you and your luggage made it home.  Hope you get a good night's rest.

@1ANGELCAT  I'm very sorry that Jaguar has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  I hope your memories of the time you had together are a comfort to you.

@TiogaCruiser  Thank you for your pictures from the north rim.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, that's good news the infection is down, but I'm sorry you are still having problems with your legs.

@Mr. Boston  Safe travels.  Hope you have a nice visit with your friends and have a great cruise.

@Seasick Sailor  I'm glad Ron's surgery went well.  Wishing him a speedy recovery.

@rafinmd  Roy,  congratulations on the negative test.

@marshhawk  I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Gosh, Vanessa, that sounds just awful about your legs.  I know that you know your way around health care, but do be careful.  It sounds painful as well as dangerous.

Sending prayers your way.  🙏
Maxine

+1

• Like 5