WHY the big goal to become Pinacle ?? ..

17 hours ago, BND said:

Well, if he really is a "friend",  should your TA really be repeating what his friend tells him?   I highly doubt that is something MB would want repeated.  What he supposedly said is nothing that any CEO or President hasn't at least thought.  But, they never say it or want it repeated publicly.  It's terrible PR and he would know that.

Michael Bailey replied to me on Facebook once... does that count?

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

You mean his bot or team did, right?  😇

Oh no I'm sure it was him 😉 I've invited him to my house for Thanksgiving.  I'm sure he'll be RSVP ing soon. 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Pinnacle just happens. It's the journey, and not the destination. 

When it happens... - cool - enjoy the perks. But cruising "to get to pinnacle" probably isn't a thing until you are a handful of points away. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol you keep cancelling cruises we both are on. I'd be glad to give them to you. 

I know sorry.  I promise not to cancel Harmony Dec 23.  Maybe I can squeeze in another some time soon 🙂 

Edited by Tree_skier

20 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm not near pinnacle, but I personally would like the free wifi. I dont like to pay for it, free is nice.

Nothing else I care about, just the wifi all cruise long. Not worth pushing for .. when I get there, if ever, I do. 

Free Wifi really gets you nothing since half the time the Wifi doesn't work correctly...All free Wifi does is save you from visiting guest relations desk and asking for credit when your Wifi wasn't working. Time  and Aggravation Saver.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Free Wifi really gets you nothing since half the time the Wifi doesn't work correctly...All free Wifi does is save you from visiting guest relations desk and asking for credit when your Wifi wasn't working.

In fairness Voom usually works, it just isn't what people expect anymore.  If a time traveling cruiser teleported from 2015 to the worst ship in the fleet for internet today, that time traveler would likely think Voom is great while half the people who bought it for the same cruise would be complaining. 

We changed while Voom did not.   I'm sure in a another few years Royal will do something about it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

3 weeks on solo grandeur got me 98 and b2b on voyager got me 78. It quickly adds up! 

I keep telling DH that he will reap the rewards of my selfless hard work in November.

Our cruises (all double points) since the restart have netted us 288 points so far, and we have 120 points worth of cruises still booked in 2022. That's a free milestone cruise just for what we will sail this year. BTW, we used the last milestone free cruise to knock off $4,000+ on a 7-night Eastern Caribbean on Wonder for next year.🤑

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Free Wifi really gets you nothing since half the time the Wifi doesn't work correctly...All free Wifi does is save you from visiting guest relations desk and asking for credit when your Wifi wasn't working. Time  and Aggravation Saver.

You get to decide what YOU like not what I like. It still is my favorite perk. Not much of a drinker. But I like having wifi. .. yes even bad in and out wifi is better than none. No wifi is what i didnt like about cruising. Hard to justify just because I dont like the feeling of being cut off. . .especially when the tv news didnt work the whole week. Some look forward to the feeling of being disconnected, I dont.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You get to decide what YOU like not what I like. It still is my favorite perk. Not much of a drinker. But I like having wifi. .. yes even bad in and out wifi is better than none. No wifi is what i didnt like about cruising. Hard to justify just because I dont like the feeling of being cut off. . .especially when the tv news didnt work the whole week. Some look forward to the feeling of being disconnected, I dont.

You have to consider the source. If you posted that the ocean was wet, he would argue that it is only an illusion and that ships actually roll across a hard wavy surface.😇

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Port fees and taxes, typically about $115 for a seven night cruise to the caribbean. 

Plus the cost of parking at the port.  

I meant 'what' you already spent to get to Pinacle .. 

45 minutes ago, SpekiTrout said:

I meant 'what' you already spent to get to Pinacle .. 

Oh, you meant the cost to see Alaska, Australia, Bahamas, Canada, Caribbean, Central America, New England, Europe, Greenland, Mexico, Hawaii, New Zealand, Panama Canal and South America?  Not bad really considering the places I've seen and memories I've made.  

But I suppose I could have stayed home and seen all these destination from Youtube videos.  If only Youtube was available when I started cruising.  Think of the money I could have stayed by staying home and watching the internet.  I might have earned YouTube Gold status by now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, little britain said:

3 weeks on solo grandeur got me 98 and b2b on voyager got me 78. It quickly adds up! 

I keep telling DH that he will reap the rewards of my selfless hard work in November.

Unfortunately, I had 3 solo cruises from Sydney cancelled for a couple of years. They have now been moved to 2023, out of the double points promo window. That’s 148 points. In my hopeful, but realistic mind, I’m still hoping they honor that promo in 2023. They were all cancelled by Royal and were all L&S. I will still get 74, but 148 would have been nice.

3 hours ago, Toddcan said:

When it happens... - cool - enjoy the perks. But cruising "to get to pinnacle" probably isn't a thing until you are a handful of points away. 

That's kind of what I thought as well. 

But maybe the OP knows a whole group of people that are not  paying their bills, letting the kids go hungry and selling the family heirlooms in order to fund their chase to Pinnacle? 😇😉😄

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, moposh said:

I have 40 points so I have a long way to go.  I never received my Platinum lapel pin, which I should have gotten on my last cruise.  

Simply pay a visit to the LA on board during your next cruise.  They have huge plastic baggies of the pins in their desk drawer.  🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toddcan said:

Nah...it still just happens.  Would have had to stop cruising with RCI to not happen. 😉 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Ditto to that!  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

You have to consider the source. If you posted that the ocean was wet, he would argue that it is only an illusion and that ships actually roll across a hard wavy surface.😇

That is for sure.  😉  😄  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Oh, you meant the cost to see Alaska, Australia, Bahamas, Canada, Caribbean, Central America, New England, Europe, Greenland, Mexico, Hawaii, New Zealand, Panama Canal and South America?  Not bad really considering the places I've seen and memories I've made.  

But I suppose I could have stayed home and seen all these destination from Youtube videos.  If only Youtube was available when I started cruising.  Think of the money I could have stayed by staying home and watching the internet.  I might have earned YouTube Gold status by now.

OMG...you owe me a keyboard...I just spit my wine out in laughter!!  😄 😄 

Yes...just terrible...awful...to have all those travel memories stacked up and then just end up  becoming Pinnie (which simply happens when you are enjoying life!).  😉 

• Like 1