WHY the big goal to become Pinacle ?? ..

19 minutes ago, yogimax said:

The real "problem" for the double points isn't new Pinnacles, it's new Diamonds which may force RCCL to change their C&A program.   Think about it, 8 free drinks per couple per day.  That's 56 free drinks every 7 night cruise.  That's a big financial hit in cost and income lost for RCCL.

But how much are they saving by not having an open happy hour where people could easily put down those 8 drinks per couple and more in the 3 hours.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'm not near pinnacle, but I personally would like the free wifi. I dont like to pay for it, free is nice.

Nothing else I care about, just the wifi all cruise long. Not worth pushing for .. when I get there, if ever, I do. 

Free WiFi is going to be my favorite perk! I am not one of those people who can “put the phone in the safe”

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In the grand scheme of things it is a small cost to keep guests loyal especially in todays world where loyalty is becoming rare.

That’s a fact. It has kept me exclusive to Royal (foolishly or not). I know I would have bounced all over the other lines if not for those stinkin points…. 🤔

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In the grand scheme of things it is a small cost to keep guests loyal especially in todays world where loyalty is becoming rare.

Posted twice. 

Edited by HicksRA

According  to a travel agent we once used,
Michael Bailey  only likes C&A  members when he needs to fill ships
He would prefer  to have no loyalty program  and fill ships with people  who  spend more  above the cruise price on extras.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SummerBeee said:

Free WiFi is going to be my favorite perk! I am not one of those people who can “put the phone in the safe”

Me too. I dont think I've ever used my 5 drink vouchers in one day, but I miss my wifi. I feel cut off from the world when I cruise. Liberty the tv didnt hardly work and I want to know the big news. 

Radiance posted cabins while I was onboard liberty. Prices went up pretty fast. 

• Like 1

We decided upon reaching 340 points to give Celebrity a try and really liked it.  So now, we go back and forth between the two lines, also doing a river cruise in October.  Neither one of us is interested in getting to pinnacle.

Sherri🙂

• Like 6

We just naturally became Pinnacle...and BTW...that is with a double "n".  😉   Wow...how did that happen??  Oh wait...now I remember.  We simply love to cruise quite often, and it happened...that's how.  😄

For perks?  Which we really appreciate as a token of loyalty...it's indeed the unlimited free internet. 

Breakfast in Chops is another nice perk. 

Availability to CK/SL is nice...but not that much of a big draw...can take it or leave it. 

Six drink vouchers...making happy hour...any hour...at any place of our choice.  No worries if six per person per day would not be enough..otherwise...it may be time to check into where the nearest AA meeting is.  😮 

And...RCI insists on giving us a free cruise with each progressive 350 points...OK...I will take that as well.  

So...do I feel appreciated?  You betcha!  🤗

• Like 19

21 minutes ago, sowhat said:

According  to a travel agent we once used,
Michael Bailey  only likes C&A  members when he needs to fill ships
He would prefer  to have no loyalty program  and fill ships with people  who  spend more  above the cruise price on extras.

Does this TA know him personally?  That's like someone saying a steward they once had told them something that they'd have no way of knowing.

Edited by BND
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, sowhat said:

Yes

Well, if he really is a "friend",  should your TA really be repeating what his friend tells him?   I highly doubt that is something MB would want repeated.  What he supposedly said is nothing that any CEO or President hasn't at least thought.  But, they never say it or want it repeated publicly.  It's terrible PR and he would know that.

Edited by BND
  • Like 3

DW and I both racked up more than 1,000,000 air miles and more hotel points than we could ever use during our respective careers - not because we wanted to  but because the businesses we ran required that level of commitment. When we retired we decided to only do what made us happy and not worry anymore what anyone else on this planet thought about it. We achieved Pinnacle not because we had to, but because we wanted to cruise 8-10 times a year. We never wear the badges they gave us, because we cruise solely for us.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, hotsauce126 said:

Some people seem to have a sense of pride about their cruise line loyalty status for whatever reason

Plus they get to their start their cruise critic complaints, er I mean posts with, well I am pinnacle and I should be able...fill in the blank.   

1 hour ago, beardedladies said:

I'm looking forward to being pinnacle later this year so I can at last be in the position for the hat trick of being denied access to the concierge lounge (first diamond, now diamond plus and you know it'll catch up to the pinnacles as soon as I get there 😉 )

Lol; you and me both this year!!

The actual day I turned diamond ( March 2009)  they announced “ no diamonds in the DL”….. can you believe it?!?🤷‍♀️  So I’d like to predict the day of the next downsizing announcement will be in October ….!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

That’s a fact. It has kept me exclusive to Royal (foolishly or not). I know I would have bounced all over the other lines if not for those stinkin points…. 🤔

I just looked at my cruise history list and I would've been pinochle by now but for cruising with other lines, such as Cunard, Viking, HAL, and Celebrity.  But then I would've missed out on some wonderful experiences on those other lines.  I was more than happy to get to 340 points and the single supplement reduction to150%.  I disconnect when I cruise, so the wifi is not a big deal.

BTW, do you get a free deck of cards when you reach pinochle?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Congratulations to those that have reached Pinnacle status with RC .

You have found a product that you like and continue to support it ,

while reaching top status , and are duly rewarded with top tier perks.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

With that argument, why does anyone try to achieve anything? Pinnacle is a mark in time to which you progressively take a rung up a ladder. When you reach the top it is an accomplishment. For those who cruise often it is a pleasant glow rewarded by a free cruise, some extra perks. Satisfaction. 😀

• Thanks 1