Straws

I'm boarding Ovation this week and was wondering what kind of straws are currently being used on board.  I despise those paper straws but was sure that I had read somewhere here on CC that they had changed to some sort biodegradable plastic straw that didn't disintegrate in your mouth before you could finish your drink.  

Should I bring straws or will I be fine.

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm boarding Ovation this week and was wondering what kind of straws are currently being used on board.  I despise those paper straws but was sure that I had read somewhere here on CC that they had changed to some sort biodegradable plastic straw that didn't disintegrate in your mouth before you could finish your drink.  

Paper on Ovation July 8 to 15. Yes...they are terrible. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

You can buy 100 of them for $1 at your local grocery store, so if you have room in your suitcase, I would bring some, especially if you drink those drinks that require a straw.  

Straws to drink with?. I remember them from when I was a child. No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

You can buy 100 of them for $1 at your local grocery store, so if you have room in your suitcase, I would bring some, especially if you drink those drinks that require a straw.  

And you have to carry straws around with you in case you buy a drink that needs a straw??? No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can't you just drink out of the glass. Can't believe we have a question on this board about straws? Use what they give you, if it doesn't work drink out of the glass. Problem solved.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Can't you just drink out of the glass. Can't believe we have a question on this board about straws?

Frozen drinks most likely. 

Plus you don't want to mess up your lipstick😉

Screenshot_20220823-075428_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3913899ccc35c8b45ad4e9e1d9d3ea5c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Screenshot_20220823-075428_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3913899ccc35c8b45ad4e9e1d9d3ea5c.jpg

Sounds like a Third World Problem. Ask for OBC if you get paper straws. 🤣

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like a Third World Problem. Ask for OBC if you get paper straws. 🤣

Have you cruised since paper straws were introduced. 

Prior to Royal using them, my only experience with them was Ted's Montana Grill. Not a fan.

FWIW, there have been numerous threads on the subject. @Tree_skier has a valid point as many ships have updated to the new cellulose straws. Good to be prepared

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Have you cruised since paper straws were introduced. 

Prior to Royal using them, my only experience with them was Ted's Montana Grill. Not a fan.

FWIW, there have been numerous threads on the subject. @Tree_skier has a valid point as many ships have updated to the new cellulose straws. Good to be prepared

Do I really need to cruise recently, to have used a paper straw before.

My cruise buds give a cruise bag of goodies every cruise, several back I bought everybody metal straws with carabiner that clips onto my sea pass springy wrist thingy or tuck into the Ta Ta bank.  I hardly know it's there but it sure comes in handy.  Lipstick is the main motivator for me.  I hate those paper things.

71P8jA3-TXL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Paper on Ovation July 8 to 15. Yes...they are terrible. 

For some us old enough to remember, are they like Paper Straws that we'd get in Kindergarten? Three sucks on them in our Milk Cartons and Soaked/Flattened  

• Like 3

Just bring your own.  That's what we do.  I always carry a little crossbody bag around the ship anyway, just thrown a few in there.  The last couple of cruises I went on I had to literally ask for a straw every time.  And then they want to give you one of those skinny stirring straws.  Just bring your own.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Drink faster. 🧉

Problem solved. 😁

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Thanks, I have lots ready to go but just wanted to know if I should bring them.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, frozen drinks for sure...

That shade is too pink for me.  I prefer a darker, more ruby shade.

• Haha 5