Beer in Mini Fridge

You can buy a bucket of beer and save a few $ as opposed to buying them individually. If you get the drink package you can get all you want at anytime. If you're in a suite on Oasis class you can have all you want from 11am to 11pm in CK. 

Edited by livingonthebeach

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The fridges are Mariner are not actual refrigerators (unless they've changed them), they're more like a glorified cooler. Your beers will be cooler than if you just left them on the counter, but they will not be cold.

Same on the Symphony--are the mini-fridges actually coolers fleet-wide?

I could be totally wrong but I seem to remember reading that some folks bring a cooler on board and had the steward fill it with ice daily (of course, beer inside).  A cooler with ice is a lot than better those wnnabe coolers that are now being used onboard.  

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 2

We still laugh at a cabin refrigerator on Cunard's Queen Victoria which actually kept things COLD.  The only one I've encountered on a cruise ship.  Since everyone except Americans seems to be happy with 'cool' we were really impressed with Q Vickie. 

We were on Mariner in June.  Nothing in the 'cooler' (NOT a fridge!!!) and they do NOT stock them.  Waste of space actually.  Our room steward told us to put our ice bucket in there at night so it would last longer.  The ice melted half way thru the night.

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

You can buy a bucket of beer and save a few $ as opposed to buying them individually. If you get the drink package you can get all you want at anytime. If you're in a suite on Oasis class you can have all you want from 11am to 11pm in CK. 

i am thinking that you could only get them in orders of one per time, then wait the waiting period.

5 minutes ago, soapbxking said:

i am thinking that you could only get them in orders of one per time, then wait the waiting period.

Correct - for the drink package but you can visit different bars at different times. CK is more flexible. The beer bucket has 5 I believe. I'm more of a wine drinker so beer drinkers, feel free to chime in if I'm mistaken. 

If you have the drink package and are Diamond or above, you can go to any bar and request 4,5,6 beers unopened.  I always ask my stateroom attendant for a champagne bucket filled with ice and put my beers in there to chill really cold.

26 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Correct - for the drink package but you can visit different bars at different times. CK is more flexible. The beer bucket has 5 I believe. I'm more of a wine drinker so beer drinkers, feel free to chime in if I'm mistaken. 

if you have the drink package can you order the beer bucket??  and no i am def not Diamond for any responses 🙂

2 minutes ago, soapbxking said:

if you have the drink package can you order the beer bucket??  and no i am def not Diamond for any responses 🙂

I don't think so. What I wrote was that the beer bucket contains 5 beers. Never said it was part of the drink package. The drink package only allows for one drink at a time. 

You can use your Diamond, Diamond + and Pinn vouchers as you like. 

Edited by livingonthebeach

If you leave the cabinet door open to let the hot air out from the back of the cooler, they do a lot better job. 
I do know that there are true refrigerators in the rooms on Symphony and Harmony and they keep things ice cold. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I don't think so. What I wrote was that the beer bucket contains 5 beers. Never said it was part of the drink package. The drink package only allows for one drink at a time. 

You can use your Diamond, Diamond + and Pinn vouchers as you like. 

gotcha , that is what i thought  😞  Thanks!!

35 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

How specifically did you achieve this???

We haven't been able to use all our vouchers during the day (port intensive)...the bartenders would encourage us to redeem the vouchers before calling it the night.

* We gave most of the beers to our happy cabin steward.