Diamond Drinks... How is the new setup working...

24-105L

13 days until cruise #1...23 days until Cruise #2... We have a drinks package on cruise #1 as only in port 50% of time...and wife's 60th Birthday...

We are Diamond...so with the post Covid changes...anyone got experiences on the new 4 Drink limit use n your Sea Pass...

The Diamond Lounge was great on ships for a wee pre-meal drink and chat with others...as well as nice coffee's etc all the time...and if throws g a tip the drinks flowed well all cruise...

I wondered how the new setup is working...

STEVIER

I love the new system... use your vouchers at any bar/restaurant at any time of day and for any drink up to $13.00!

If you still want to do the Happy Hour in the Diamond Lounge, they still have the appetizers out, and servers still come around to take bar orders... it just gets counted against your vouchers now, instead of being unlimited. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Works great! No longer limited to the small DL drink menu and 3 hour time frame.

Lets you try new things, signature drinks from certain bars, frozen drinks but the pool, etc.

If you have leftover vouchers at the end of the night, get beer, seltzer, soda, bottled water... anything unopened to take back to your cabin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Works great! No longer limited to the small DL drink menu and 3 hour time frame.

Lets you try new things, signature drinks from certain bars, frozen drinks but the pool, etc.

If you have leftover vouchers at the end of the night, get beer, seltzer, soda, bottled water... anything unopened to take back to your cabin.

What is this leftover voucher thing that you speak of??😇  Actually I have had unused and never think of getting something to take back.  Might have to file that in the back on my mind

• Like 1

I also prefer using them throughout the ship. I do still like going to the Diamond Lounge, Concierge Lounge, and or Suite Lounge for a drink and to hopefully talk with others.  Of course you can talk with others around the ship, but still like visiting with seasoned cruisers.  My personal preference.  

• Like 1

It works very well.  It has thinned out the crowd in the Diamond lounge.  You can usually find a seat.  Also, you have access to the full range of drink types [frozen, etc.] limited by various alcohol brands [not top shelf].  

One change I do not like is the change to canned water.  In March/April we had bottles.  On a cruise earlier this month we had cans.  The water tastes fine if you pour it into a glass.  However, if you drink it from the can it has a metallic taste. [JMHO] The cans are also smaller than the bottles. 

• Like 1

Just now, DragonOfTheSeas said:

It works very well.  It has thinned out the crowd in the Diamond lounge.  You can usually find a seat.  Also, you have access to the full range of drink types [frozen, etc.] limited by various alcohol brands [not top shelf].  

One change I do not like is the change to canned water.  In March/April we had bottles.  On a cruise earlier this month we had cans.  The water tastes fine if you pour it into a glass.  However, if you drink it from the can it has a metallic taste. [JMHO] The cans are also smaller than the bottles. 

I have also had canned Corona as the welcome beverage lately.  Not the same as a bottle IMHO

2 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Plus they don't reseal.  

Just now, island lady said:

Plus they don't reseal.  

That is a huge negative.  You are not able to take them ashore.  I had a plastic water bottle that I washed and refilled to take ashore. PITA [We were on a 17 day trip so I had taken a small amount of Dawn to rinse out my bathing suit.  

40 minutes ago, molly361 said:

What is this leftover voucher thing that you speak of??😇

Shameful, I know, especially since I'm only Diamond. My wife only drinks mocktails but that just means I'm not doing my part using up her extras. ☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DragonOfTheSeas said:

That is a huge negative.  You are not able to take them ashore.  I had a plastic water bottle that I washed and refilled to take ashore. PITA [We were on a 17 day trip so I had taken a small amount of Dawn to rinse out my bathing suit.  

Totally agree.   I could take my own reusable container...but prefer to save room in my luggage.  Reusing the plastic bottles a few times is fine with me.  The cans are awful.  

I wish I knew in advance which ship will do metal or plastic...since I would love to pre purchase a case to have in my cabin...but only if they are plastic bottles.  RCI...Really Consistently Inconsistent.  

• Like 2

Works fine, you just need to pay close attention.  Got home from Alaska earlier this week and discover the one night in the MDR that I didn't buy a bottle of wine, I was charged for drinks (when they should have used my diamond vouchers).....not going to quivel over $45 but if I had been paying closer attention I could have had the concierge fix it prior to the end of the cruise.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I had a couple left over a few days on our cruise a couple weeks ago.  I never thought about cashing them in to get a couple bottles or cans to put in my fridge.  This is why I read CruiseCritic forums.  Thanks for the idea.  I will know better for next time now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Works fine, you just need to pay close attention.  Got home from Alaska earlier this week and discover the one night in the MDR that I didn't buy a bottle of wine, I was charged for drinks (when they should have used my diamond vouchers).....not going to quivel over $45 but if I had been paying closer attention I could have had the concierge fix it prior to the end of the cruise.

You can call post guest relations and they will adjust it

• Like 1

Keep in mind that 12am starts the new day.  e.g I had 5 vouchers for Monday, didn't use them until the evening.  Used 3 between 10pm and 12 am.  Thinking I had 2 more for the day.  I used 2 more to get water before going to bed.  The next day those 2 waters counted against my Tuesday total of 5 vouchers.

• Like 1

Works great but also learned if you get special coffee in the morning at the promenade cafe they use that against your vouchers.  Be sure to clearly state not to use your vouchers and sign for coffee or you will waste a $13 drink on coffee.

Otherwise love the voucher system, have had no other issues.  If we have any left at night we get Baileys and save it for breakfast coffee.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Works great but also learned if you get special coffee in the morning at the promenade cafe they use that against your vouchers.  Be sure to clearly state not to use your vouchers and sign for coffee or you will waste a $13 drink on coffee.

Otherwise love the voucher system, have had no other issues.  If we have any left at night we get Baileys and save it for breakfast coffee.  

Just get a shot of Baileys and take back to room?

Awesome idea

• Like 1